Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help, my kitten is missing :(

bluequeen
June 12th, 2006, 04:34 PM
So my cat has been missing since last Tuesday evening. She has never been outside before so I figured she wouldn't stray far but I have walked around almost every night shaking her favourite treats and she is no where to be found. Wondering if this is too long for her to be gone?? She isn't fixed and I have dealt with the realization I will have kittens on my hands when she gets back, if she gets back but at this point I just want her to come home....What else can I do?? How long do they usually leave for???
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

chico2
June 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM
You say kitten,how old is she??
Most cats do not stray very far from home,look in every garage,under every bush,in every backyard,,chances are she is huddled there somewhere.
If she's been gone for a week,I hope someone is feeding her,or maybe even has taken he in,otherwise she will be in trouble:sad:
Call all the shelters,put up lost-poster.Good Luck!

bluequeen
June 12th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Sorry I shouldn't say kitten, she's almost 2, that's just what I call her....We did put food out two nights in a row to see if she would come home and the one morning it was gone but whose to say it was her that ate it, there are more then a few cats strolling around my house. When I walk around I see quite a few and I'm surprised she wouldn't be kicking around with them but I don't know, the look continues tonight I guess :(

chico2
June 12th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Yes,anything could have eaten that food,lots of creatures out at night.
I assume you have called your local animal-sheter or Humanr Society,or better yet go down there and look for her,depending on where you live,they might not bother too much if you only call.
They would also be able to tell you,if she has been hit by a car,at least here where I live,they pick up animals that have been hit.
Also,if and when she comes back,she will more than likely be pregnant,the best for you and your cat would be to have her spayed right away....but first you have to find her.

CyberKitten
June 15th, 2006, 04:41 PM
OMG- your poor kitty!! I would try to find asap - if she is used to going outdoors and is in heat, she will prob be further than an indoors only cat who is spayed. Put up fliers everywhere, call ebery animal rescue org and check the entire neighbourhood. Enlist family and friends. There are some web sites with great info - catinabag and Pet Detective (Melanie whose last name alas I do not recall).

And when you find her, have her spayed asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!