Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new here

silver_loba
June 12th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Hi. My name is Kathy. I live in Montreal, Quebec. I am a mother of 4. All my children are grown up and gone except for one. I volunteer at a farm here. I love animals. As a child I brought home the stray cats to take care of.
We are looking for a small dog to adopt for my daughter, she is just like me and loves all animals and I would really love to get her a dog to care for.
Hope to meet people with same interests.

:ca: The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.(Gandhi)

Lucky Rescue
June 12th, 2006, 12:33 PM
HI and welcome!:)

To see some cute small dogs for adoption, please go to Animatch:
http://www.animatch.ca/en-ouradoptees.asp

Take a look at Poncho, the Chi mix - very cute.

silver_loba
June 12th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks I will go check the site out.

:ca: The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.(Gandhi)

lewisw
June 12th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Welcome I also am a newbie here from Montreal having just adopted Dani from Sasha's Rescue in Rawden. I found her on www.petfinder.com all you do is put your postal code and and you can see many available pets for adoption.

But don;t forget to visit pur own SPCA as there are many dogs there looking for homes from people like ourselves who love animals..

All the best,
Lewis

silver_loba
June 13th, 2006, 02:52 PM
:thumbs up thanks for the different sites. we might have found a beautiful jack russell from one of the sites I found here.
we are off to meet him tonite. hope it works out.
thanks again

http://www.canadastrays.com/

erykah1310
June 13th, 2006, 04:34 PM
HI and welcome to the board. Let us know what happens with the Jack Russel!

silver_loba
June 19th, 2006, 08:39 AM
well visiting the jack russell was a disaster. The dog is scared of people and wouldnt come anywhere near us. The woman said we would have to go at least 5 or 6 times so he could get to know us and then maybe it would work out. My daughter was so scared of him so we decided this wasnt the dog for us.