Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Joey is mad at me

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM
So with Joeys ear infection that happened a few weeks ago - he is not happy with me the ear drop adminisiter and ear cleaner. He used to follow me from room to room - now he will come out and greet me and walk off to see hubby or kids. But now he is giving me the doggie silent treatment. :sad:

Hubby even tried to help and rubbed me with weiner when I was sleeping so I would smell nice for Joey. Joey sniffed me but then went to hubby.

Anyways I am not really upset about this and glad that Joey and hubby now have a bond - its just sort of funny thats all. Oh well off the clean Joeys ears if I can find him. :D

Frenchy
June 11th, 2006, 04:07 PM
JECM,I'm sure Joey will forgive you.Did you explain to him it's for his own good??I have to clean Sam's ear (only one side) a lot and when he sees me coming with the bottle,he runs away.But he doesn't snob me,I'm the only humain in the house so...:D

Prin
June 11th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Hubby even tried to help and rubbed me with weiner when I was sleeping so I would smell nice for Joey.Umm... what you do on your own time...:D

Honestly, I stopped cleaning Jemma's ears when they got infected. After talking to the vet, I was told that the cleaner stings like the bejeebes in infected ears and that it's much easier on the dog to just give the antibiotic drops for a few days and then start cleaning again (while still giving the drops). So we just go in with a cloth or whatever, wipe it a bit and then put in the drops.

For dogs with a probable future of recurring ear infections, it might be best to make the process as painless and pleasant as possible...

mastifflover
June 11th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Buddy is the king of ear infections but only in one ear. I always make sure he has his antibiotics for a few days before I even attempt to clean them. Even when he does not have an infection he still hates it and the back leg shakes but he has given up trying to hide and takes it like a big boy and of course I feel bad so he gets treats after. Joey will eventually forgive you and he still loves you just a tiny bit less when you want to clean his ears.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 11th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Well the vet tech said to clean the ears then wait an hour and put the drops in for the first few days - thats what I have been doing - Joey doesnt seem to mind - except for the fact that hes snubbing me. Looks at me with those big eyes then turns and walks away with his butt wiggling - what attitude - typical cocker. Poor guy I almost feel like putting his ears in a scrunchy so its not so hot for him.

Anyways we are down to the last part of the drops now so we should be finished soon. Then he should like me again - although he happily went on his walk with me today so thats good right.