Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thank Goodness for TEXT MESSAGING!!

raingirl
June 10th, 2006, 04:22 PM
So...I am home alone right now and I just finished steam cleaning all our carpets, the couch and armchair. BF took Odin to his parents house, where we are going to spend the night while everything dries.

I was supposed to call him when I'm done so he can pick me up. EXCEPT my cell phone died!! I usually charge it at work or in the car, and I can't find my charger at home!!

Then I remembered that Rogers has online text messaging, so I sent BF a text message to come get me. I hope he gets it because he has his phone in vibrate only and I don't know if the text message will vibrate or not!!

Oh well, I am going to go shower in the meantime.

Prin
June 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM
lol too much technology for our own good, eh?:D

rainbow
June 10th, 2006, 05:22 PM
That's one reason why you should always have a land line. What if there was a real 911 emergency? :eek:

And, Prin's right about too much technology for our own good....so does his parents have a computer so you can send him an email? :D

Frenchy
June 10th, 2006, 05:42 PM
A young woman actually died in a car accident last week end because she was text messaging her boyfriend while driving at 120 kms/h.:(

erykah1310
June 11th, 2006, 01:46 PM
im addicted to text messaging, much cheaper than actually calling someone with my cell, am yet to use the online text! i have my msn set to mobile when im away and that way i am always connected to everyone ! Im pathetic!!! LOL but atleast i can admit it.

I swear that sometimes people in public must think i am one major drug dealer or something cause i dont only have one cell with 2 numbers but also... another phone ( rogers) and looking into a black berry!!! Im a tech junkie and am fully aware!!
But however, texting while driving?? what was she thinking??

raingirl
June 13th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I get the think with 911...at least I live in an apartment so I would just run next door in an emergency!

He got the message which was good. he caught me singing REALLY loud in the shower though...kinda embarrasing.

BF and I used to do a lot of texting when we didn't live together and he was in school still. But now it's just when the need arises.