Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Flea bites on us but not on the dog?

hackmur
June 10th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I have noticed small red VERY itchy bites the last few days around my knees. I thought they might just be mosquito bites or something. My husband now has a few on his ankles.

Our dog is on Revolution and he's not scratching or anything. Could it be that he brought fleas to the house but they aren't bothering him? I thought that Revolution was supposed to kill any fleas that come in contact with him & help with fleas in the house too.

Any help would be appreciated!

Lucky Rescue
June 10th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Revolution kills fleas that have bitten your dog. You may still have fleas in the house that have not yet bitten the dog, but they will since these fleas cannot live on human blood.

In the meantime, buy a cheap flea collar, cut it up and put it in your vacuum bag. When you vacuum up the fleas, the collar in the bag will kill them.

jesse's mommy
June 10th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Wow Lucky, you are super smart. I would have never thought of that. Thanks for the info, should we ever have fleas.

Lucky Rescue
June 10th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Haha - thanks, but I learned that trick out of desperation when I had a massive flea infestation in my house.:p

mafiaprincess
June 10th, 2006, 09:22 PM
I found a few fleas on Cider last fall. She seemed in one piece, I'm the one that had a good 12 bites on me for like 2 months.. I was told that they prefer animal blood to human, so beign with Cider all the time, it was weird they chose me.. But they were nothing like mosquito bites.