Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WOOFstock

mafiaprincess
May 24th, 2006, 02:21 AM
www.woofstock.ca

Are you going to be there?
You know you want to be there :D

(Don't ask.. never been to a 'doggie event' in my life.. And for some reason I am really darn psyched about this)

BMDLuver
May 24th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Depending on my DH's health, am trying to make it up to get there myself! Hoping I will succeed this year.

doggy lover
May 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I will be at the cottage, if I was not there or working I would have come for sure. It would be nice to meet you guys in person and Tucker would love to meet so many dogs, but he would rather be at his cottage for sure. Hope you guys have fun. Maybe next year I'll try and take vacation around there so we can go.

BoxerRescueMTL
May 24th, 2006, 09:11 AM
I've always wanted to go!!! I don't think I'll be able to get away though... :(

mummummum
May 24th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I'm definitely going this year - never been - which is slightly pathetic given that I live downtown.

glasslass
May 24th, 2006, 07:12 PM
That website is so cute. I just moved my mouse over the dogs and got close-ups. Wish we had a Woofstock here!

mafiaprincess
May 29th, 2006, 12:34 PM
It's getting clooooser.

Lot of people are from Ontario around here. Come on fess up, you know you wanna go.

mummummum
May 29th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Wow - just checked out the website. I'm tempted to enter all three of the kermuttskies into the Scruffy Dawg Competition just to get them shaved down! And I see Dyson will be one of the exhibitors - wonder if there will be a "free vacuum" draw ?!?

mafiaprincess
May 30th, 2006, 12:19 AM
I was all whooo Dyson too.

Never been to anything 'pet' so I'm all freaky psyched. lol.

I would enter my miss scruffy, but I'd 'fixed' her fur so many times, she doesn't look bad enough to win now. Sure there are dogs that could use it way more than mine.

mummummum
May 30th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I don't see anything like outward hound or agility / play stuff that I know you were after. And only the "shows"? Not that I've been bewfore - but it seems smaller somehow. St. Lawrence is certainly alot easier to get to though so that's a bonus for me. If anybody in the GTA is interested in therapy pools/ swimming - Fit Dogs is one of the exhibitors and they have a great operation.

mafiaprincess
May 30th, 2006, 02:13 AM
You never know who might stock some stuff like OH or who might have self made backpacks, you know? I have 200 bucks reserved as just in case funds for doggie stuff for woofstock. :p
I didn't figure I'd find agility... But I had to return my dogit fountain today.. It was a calamity of issues/ Cider wasn't drinking really..
So I'm also in the market for a unique bowl.

I wish they were having stuff like dog sport demos. Fashion shows and stuff are cool.. just I like watching well mannered doggies. lol.

raingirl
June 3rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
We are going down with Odin. Probably early on Saturday morning. Since it's at the St. Lawrence Market this year, we want to hit that first before it closes and get some good BBQ meats and farm fresh veggies while we are there.

Last year was good, lots of vendors and stuff. It was too hot though, and not enough places to get fresh water/shade or to cool down. That's why they moved it this year.

kaytris
June 4th, 2006, 08:32 AM
There's also Slobberfest, new this year:

http://www.centre55.com/Slobberfest.htm

The Who's Walking Who folks will be there, and lots of interactive doggy games and so on.

mastifflover
June 4th, 2006, 08:55 AM
I love it Slobberfest well I guess we know where Buddy will be going to show how slobbering is really done well.

mafiaprincess
June 6th, 2006, 01:51 AM
That sounds awesome even if I don't own a slobberhound.

erykah1310
June 6th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I saw a commercial for Woofstock I want to go but the trip is unfeasable right now. Have fun everyone !!! Wish we could go!!!

greaterdane
June 6th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I'll be attending with my dane crew. We are meeting up with Mafiaprincess and Cider too :) There are even some friends coming all the way from Indiana...very excited!

BMDLuver
June 8th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Are you meeting up on Saturday? I'll be there watching Goldengirl's daschund in the fashion show for a bit and then touring around meeting some of the rescue peeps that I email with and have transported for etc... but never met in person. Looks like it's going to be a good time for everyone.

mafiaprincess
June 8th, 2006, 08:59 PM
We'll be there Saturday. I'll have a cocker spaniel with poodle pants :p
And hopefully a dane puppy whooo. (hers not mine sadly). Be more than happy to meet people.

BMDLuver
June 8th, 2006, 09:03 PM
lol.... I'll be looking through the crowd wondering... that her, that her? I'll be wearing jeans and a grey tshirt with a big Berner silhouette on the front... gee how original, right...

mafiaprincess
June 8th, 2006, 09:13 PM
You plan way ahead eh? lol. Think I'll be wearing a blue and whit striped miniskirt, but I'm just not there yet, lol.
Are you not bringing any furbabies with you?

BMDLuver
June 8th, 2006, 09:27 PM
I was going to bring the toy poodle with me but I'm transporting a Rottwieler, a cat, and a Great Pyr so not sure about bringing a 4.5lbs dog with an untested Great Pyr as she has attitude (the poodle, lol)..

greaterdane
June 8th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Mafia will have a chocolate merlequin great dane puppy with her. Just look for him :)

BMDLuver
June 9th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Mafia will have a chocolate merlequin great dane puppy with her. Just look for him :)
Well that will be a piece of cake then.... I'll be on it like a magnet lol... nothing like a Dane pup to begin with and that coloring won't be walking by without a look, lol

Bonnie S
June 9th, 2006, 11:28 AM
http://www.dogagogo.com/bt

This is Brandi and her Shiba Inu, Soshi. They were helping to promote this weekend's Woofstock, in Toronto.

They show some of the other dogs doing tricks too.

Bonnie & Sushi

mafiaprincess
June 9th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I hope Cyprus gets looks. I'm single dammit, lol.
Better be all sunny and nice tomorrow!

meb999
June 9th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I'm so jeaaaloussssss!! it's so far away, sounds like a blast though. hope you guys have a good time :thumbs up

meggie1425
June 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM
They were talking about this on Breakfast Television this morning! unfortunatley i work aalllll weekend:rolleyes: I would have loved to go though...
HAVE FUN GUYS!!!:party:

mafiaprincess
June 9th, 2006, 06:07 PM
How is this breed discussion now?

Bonnie S
June 10th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I was at Woofstock today, at the Raffle Booth in the Rescue area. If anyone is going on Sunday, don't miss this booth! These are the cool prizes you could win:

Raffle Prize #1: 4 VIP Premium Dug Out Blue Jay's tickets to the game of your choice. Value over $260.00
Raffle Prize #2: 2 Royal Ashton Golf Passes, R.A. Golf Hat and Golf Balls. Value over $160.00
Raffle Prize #3: Spa Package- $100.00 At-Home Swedish Massage Certificate from Your Simple Spa, Gift Basket of Arbonne Skincare Products
Raffle Prize #4: Home Entertainment Prize-Magnavox DVD Player, Blockbuster Gift Certificates
Raffle Prize #5:Father's Day Gift Package: CD/MP3 Player, Roger's Cell Phone, Pen Set, Gift Bag of Gum, $20.00 Swiss Chalet/Montanas/Kelsey's Harvey's/Second Cup Gift Certificate. Value Well over $100.00
Raffle Prize #6; A one hour Aerial Tour of Toronto, Value $250.00
Raffle Prize #7: 3-month Curves Membership
Raffle Prize #8: $50.00 Grooming Gift Certif. from Bark and Scratch, one year FREE subscription to Modern Dog
Raffle Prize #9: Premium doggie Spa and Gift Products: Denim skirt, Buddy Wash Travel Kit, bowl, dog shirt, picture frame, toy, cat shampoo
Raffle Prize #10: 2 Premium Blue Jays tickets worth $100.00
Raffle Prize #11: 2 sets of 2 Golf Passes to Carruther's Creek, Golf Balls Value over $80.00
Raffle Prize #12: Hand-made wooden feeding station and Toy box form Relay's Diner, Value $110.00
Raffle Prize #13: $200.00 portrait session form PicSeeDust
Raffle Prize #14: Dog Gift Pack: small dog coat, small dog blanket, dog treats, critters on canvas, children's books, 50% off Dog Training cert, from All About Dogs.
Raffle Prize #5: One hour Chiropractic session for your dog from Dr. Leo Rosenberg, Value over $100.00

Also, starting at 10:00am is the Rescue Me Walkathon. The Toronto Shiba Inu Meetup Group will be starting their walk around 10:30. I can't wait!!

Bonnie & Sushi

phoenix
June 10th, 2006, 08:51 PM
my husband and I are taking sam and maia tomorrow. should be fun!

mafiaprincess
June 10th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Greaterdane all the furkids and I all went today. Was crazy chaotic. Was fun, but the things I was looking for I didn't find which is kinda sad. :(
But my furkid is passed right out from today, and I loved the doggie cool off area. Wish everyday life was as doggie oriented.

mummummum
June 10th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I was able to go for about 1/2 hour today - just enough time to run the sales booths gauntlet and listen to Stanley Coren "croaking" out (I think he was ill) a few words on barking (bad pun unavoidable). LOTS and LOTS of dog clothes...no grooming gear, no unusual backpacks or portable food/waterbowls, only two trainers that I could see and no booths for agility, flyball etc. It seemed like all the Rescues were shunted off to the grassy area - too bad they didn't intersperse them with the sales booths - just on a point of principal. I also didn't see Petsmart, Petvalu or Global booths. I wish I could have stayed for the tricks and fashion shows though!!

"Smoochy-poochy" did have a booth and now carry small lead handles for which I may try to run down tomorrow. Must shop..must shop now...

mafiaprincess
June 10th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah that was it.. I had fun though it was a little overwhelming. We had 3 danes in our walking group, so we'd move 2 feet and people would stop us. Never gotten attention like that before..
Never tried to shop with dogs.. and that was somewhat daunting, or getting close enough to see what booths were even selling..

I've never seen so many dog clothes in my life.. and I saw a ton of dogs in flannel outfits.. Our crew was dying from the heat.. Wow..
The stuff that interested me which you listed pretty bang on, wasn't stuff I found, and I tried hard to keep a look out.
Didn't get too close to the rescues, but I saw they were sort of out of the way.. Good for scared dogs, not for exposure.

So while I had fun, met cool people, and have a passed out baby.. It was a little dissapointing to not find much.

mummummum
June 10th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Actually I think I may have seen you and your crew carrying on by the pools. Did you see the HUGE sable (?) coloured intact Dane? He's a 14 month old PUPPY - yikes - and I've always wanted a Great Dane. Mayyyybbbeee not. Too bad about not finding any good gear but Mafiaprincess there will be more shopping to be done at Slobberfest!

mafiaprincess
June 10th, 2006, 10:33 PM
True enough I should put slobberfest on my calander. We had an neutered 17 month old black dane, a brindle around the same age intact, an 18 month old merliquin pup, a gsd mix a chi and a cocker, lol.

We had a blast, I'm just bummed too.

We met about 7 other danes along the way including a beauty of a blue..
I still want one even after the fur, slobber, being stepped on and leaned into all day, lol

Add: Skip the small lead handles. We were going to buy one. Was $28 for a lesser quality one than the ones we had from petsmart.. The smooch pooch stuff is all fun coloured though...

Bonnie S
June 11th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Hi!

These are some pictures we took this weekend at Woofstock. The Toronto Shiba Inu Meetup Group was there for the 3rd Annual Rescue Me Walkathon.

http://shibainu.meetup.com/4/photos/

Bonnie & Sushi

mastifflover
June 11th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Buddy and I were there for quite a while this afternoon. I was amazed by the fact that we would walk a few feet and then can I pet him, can we take his picture and thankfully not one comment about him being a small pony or can I ride him. But I am with you MP on shopping with dogs not easy. Oh my god these people were buying so many clothes for their dogs I was amazed some guy wanted to give Bud a bandana and he did not look thrilled about it but then it would not even go around his neck WHEW. But we did have fun and I wish the rescues were a little more in your face. I think you should email the organizers and tell them the things you felt were missing it could only make them more aware of what people are wanting to see. But all in all we had a blast and for a change Buddy got spolled. I did not see the you with the danes but we did meet another English Mastiff who was only a year old very cute and quite a few boxers, and 3 baby berners too cute for words

hounds003
June 11th, 2006, 05:42 PM
We went yesterday, it was a total blast!:D I wish I had checked in here first to see who was going but didn't think of it.:( We did'nt have a booth but were all wearing Canadian Hound Rescue t-shirts and it did seem to give the rescue more exposure. Have to share this picture of our foster dawg Pasha while she was "on duty". LOL
It was my first time going and I'll definately be there next year!

Esaunders
June 11th, 2006, 05:47 PM
The BF and I took Amos down to Woofstock on Saturday. We had a blast.

We got tons of puppy treats & bought an "I own a voter" bandana for the pup from the anti-breed ban people. I'm not usually into bandanas but its a good cause and the white one we got works wells with his orange and white coat. :D

Great dog training day too. We got to expose the pup to the Subway for the first time and all kinds of people, dogs and crowds. One of the restuarants was even nice enough to let us bring Amos onto the patio while we had lunch. There was a dog at almost every table and all well behaved.

I agree about the rescue placement but loved the location. The cooling station was great, the treed park by the stage was a wonderful spot to take the dog for a cool shady break and nap.

We even saw around 6 other english setters, which was lovely. The funny thing was how quiet everything was of dog noise. Very little barking.

I hope its in the same spot next year. I'd definitely go again.

mafiaprincess
June 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I'm glad everyone had fun. I got an anti bsl dog tag. I loved the don't bully me bandanas, but Cider had on one with her name already.
Glad you didn't get pony comments, we did lol. Was like we were putting on a show the way some people acted, but it was still nice. Never met so many people who wanted to meet danes, not one person seemed scared or anything. I should email them, ty for the idea.
Did you hit the frostypaws station? Today I hear there was some odd coloured poop from our crew and frostypaw overload. lol

dtbmnec
June 11th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I'm glad you guys all had fun..I kinda wanted to go but didn't have a way to/from it....It sucks not having a car!

Maybe I"ll try getting down there next year....

:)

Megan

mafiaprincess
June 11th, 2006, 09:11 PM
There's still slobberfest fun.. maybe you could make it to that? :)

mastifflover
June 12th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Buddy loves frosty paws that was the only thing he would take from anyone. So we went back for 2nd's. I always make him frozen yogurt cubes in the warmer weather I hide his fish oil pills in them and he just wolfs them down. I hope we can make slobberfest. Luckily I had a car this weekend. I have way too much problem with the TTC and its drivers refusing to let Buddy on because of his size. I guess they figure he must be vicious. I know they are suppose to be allowed on but I have had not one good TTC experience with either of my big babies. We should try and meet up at slobberfest I would love to meet some more of the members here.

mafiaprincess
June 12th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I hope to convince greaterdane to do slobberfest with me. I haven't asked yet haha.

I think it's time of day dependant on the TTC. Like off peak times, and I always thought it was a little odd on weekends.. That you really would have to plan out when you were going and stuff.

mafiaprincess
June 12th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Cider at woofstock, taken by Julie
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/c4c4735f.jpg
Man I need a digi cam of my own, *sigh*