Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Body Mod Poll

Skryker
June 8th, 2006, 06:44 PM
The aftercare for piercings thread got me thinking-I wondered how many Pets members have tattoos and piercings? So, I thought I might find out :D !

Myself, I have only my ears pierced (and honestly can't imagine having anything else done :eek: ) and have one tattoo (although the possibility of more is always there.).

I find the whole range of things people are willing to do to their appearance fascinating, and have SO many theories, I'd love to hear from everyone on what they have and why. Also, stories! Lots of stories! Guess I'm feeling particularly nosey today. ;)

Oh, and as a warning, I made it a public poll, to make discussions lively!

jesse's mommy
June 8th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Just my ears and a sunflower ring tatooed on my big toe!

Jackie467
June 8th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I have my ears peirced (done when I was 7) and my navel peirced (done when I was 14). I always wanted my tounge but I'm too chicken. I also have two tattos. I have a pretty large rose with a tribal sign behind it on my back which I got at 17, and a playboy bunny on my inside hip which I got at 21 (just a couple of months ago). I got the rose to symbolize my growth. I had what looks like a beatiful life from the outside but if you get close it has thorns. I got the playboy bunny to symboliz the loss of my innocents (no not the sexual kind). I had just broke up with my long time boyfriend (back together now, long story) and wanted something to always remind me that no matter how much you love a person it may not be enough in the end. That particular tatto has a very personal meaning to me so I put it where it will never be seen by anyone but me, and anyone who sees me naked of course. lol:p

Puppyluv
June 8th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I have my ears pierced, one of my rooks pierced and my tongue pierced. I have two tattoos, a sanddollar on the inside of my right wrist and a chinese symbol meaning "of the mountains" on my lower back. I'm getting a third one soon, a sillhouette of Layla from behind, on my hip.

dtbmnec
June 8th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Well I think my ears are still pierced....

But I do have a tattoo of my Zodiac sign in Arabic on my left shoulder.

:D

Megan

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Puppyluv, what's a rook?

I had my ears pierced as a divorced parent control tactic when I was 4 and that's it. I'm too big of a wuss to do anything else...:o

Puppyluv
June 8th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I hate pictures of ears, but the rook is too hard to explain, so I'm posting a picture. My ring is a lot smaller than her's, but that ridge is your rook.

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 07:36 PM
You should have seen me cringe when I saw that. The pain! THE PAIN! (Hey, I already said I'm a wuss). Thanks for the explanation though.:)

Puppyluv
June 8th, 2006, 07:43 PM
In all honesty, my rook piercing was a lot less painful than my lobes (not that the lobes hurt, but if I had to say that one hurt more than the other, I would say the lobes hurt more). Then there's the tongue..... a moment of intense pain, then nothing. Then swelling, then hunger. I, deciding that eating was important, made it worse by trying to eat real food. Then I got truly drunk and stayed drunk until the pain was gone. (So drunk infact, that after that weekend, I couldn't remember if I got my tongue pierced and my tattoo before or after getting drunk :p)

Frenchy
June 8th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I still have chills just tinking about the nipple piercing....OUCH!I have my ears and navel pierced.Got 3 tatoos when I was 17-18-19,a puppy on my anckle,a black widow on my shoulder and a chinese dragon on my arm.Got the black widow and the dragon taken off by lazer a couple years ago (still miss them sometimes!) and I got another tatoo on my lower back 2 years ago when my friend,after months of chemo,was announced he had 2-3 months to live.He used to sign notes with a happy face,king of like a Ziggy,I took one of his note to a tatoo parlor and got it as a tatoo,then I went to show him,him and his girlfriend tought it was too funny and went to have it done too!The man (same place as I went) ask him what it meant,he said,I did the same tatoo one a girl last week,what's up with that??My friend respond;yes,we are starting a cult:D .He died 2 months after.:sad: But the tatoo of his "signature" is a great reminder of how positive and funny he was.

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I've always wanted a tatoo, and always wanted to get my navel pierced...but, like Prin, I'm big wussy-wussy-McWuss!! :o
My ears are pierced, and that's it! I promised myself that after my bachelors I'd get my navel done, but I haven't mustered up the courage yet!!

Frenchy
June 8th, 2006, 08:47 PM
meb999;it took me about 2 years to get the courage to have it done (navel piercing) The tatoos hurt more but didn't bothered me as much.:confused: And I'm afraid to get blood test.....go figure.

Puppyluv
June 8th, 2006, 08:52 PM
meb tattoos can run from painless to torture, all depending on where they are. My wrist one felt literaly like an electric toothbrush rubbing on me, while the back one hurt like the devil. It all depends on how many nerve endings there are, and how much bone.

BMDLuver
June 8th, 2006, 08:55 PM
You can see the results but you won't know the where's n how many's lol! ;)

mafiaprincess
June 8th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Lobes x 6, cartilage x 1, tongue, lips x 2, navel, genital x 2

retired: nipples x 6, surface spinal, nape, genital x 1

You left out things in your poll including branding, scarification, and ritual .. :)

I've suspended twice, pulled once.

And been flamed for my bod mod choices on another pet board.

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Um.. Mafiaprincess, there's no risk of me flaming you because I don't know what half of that means.:o :D And my jaw is still dropped from the "genital x 2"
**crawls back in the "wuss" cave with Marie-eve. **:o

Feral_cats
June 8th, 2006, 09:35 PM
current : tounge 10 g
retired : lip(center) 14g , snake bites (left and right side of lip) 18g , nipples 12 g , bridge od my nose 16 g cleavage (vertical) 12 g ,septum 12g , smiley and Frowny 14gs , tounge web 16g + multiple times in my ears and diff parts of my ears
This has been since i was 13 ( im now 18) i didnt have all of them at once

tats : the top half of a skinhead girl in a fred perry symbol That says " skinbyrd" around the top and "Trouble" along the bottom on my left shoulder , canada flag with S.H.A.R.P in it accross my top of my back . and i have a cat on my foot . more on the way . im just so broke right now . i dont have a digital camera but i will scan on the drawings i did for the artist to copy when i figure out how to use my scanner

phoenix
June 8th, 2006, 09:38 PM
:eek: prin is there room in the cave?

i had my ears pierced when i was married a couple of years ago... they still give me trouble. i can't imagine going through that anywhere else!

mafiaprincess
June 8th, 2006, 09:39 PM
LOL Prin. Used to be gential x 3 :p

Wasn't really worried about being flamed. I'm comfy with me. People have Qs I'm more than open about me. People want to be nasty tools, I'll walk away whatever.

It was that a mod no less put together info about me from like 6-8 months worth of posts where I hadn't ever said that much about myself, and basically said due to me being me, and not society's perfect 'norm' how dare anyone listen to me or take advice from me. Last modification thread that was on pets.ca I avoided since it was so fresh I was afraid other people might be that cruel too. you know?

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Oh, so because you pierce things and do the other stuff (that I still don't understand :o), your advice on animals is bad? lol Nice people.:rolleyes:
Just because I'm a wuss, does that make my advice better? lol :clown:

All I can say is that if I wasn't such a wuss, I might be wearing more than the same earrings I got when I was 4. Literally- I'm wearing the SAME earrings. lol

Phoenix, hop in. There's plenty of room for all the wusses and cringers.:D

BMDLuver
June 8th, 2006, 09:48 PM
lol.... I have a feeling that some peeps are getting a better education on things than they have in a long time..

Alternate lifestyle choices are all good... sometimes you learn things from others that might just spice up your own life a little bit on the home front shall we say...

You go MP! I'd have many other things if my dear old dad were no longer with us... he has enough trouble with what I already have.

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 09:49 PM

retired: nipples x 6, surface spinal, nap, genital x 1

You left out things in your poll including branding, scarification, and ritual .. :)

Sorry...I'm way uncool and way outta the loop. I'd love if you would educate me : whats a surface spinal? what's a nap? I know what suspended is, but what's pulled? :o
Oh! And why the heck would you get flamed for what you do on your own body??

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 09:50 PM
lol thanks meb... I was too shy to ask.

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 09:53 PM
People have Qs I'm more than open about me. People want to be nasty tools, I'll walk away whatever.

Oh! Yay! You posted this before I had the courage to press 'submit' on my post...I was afraid you'd think I was prying by asking a few questions :o
I'm a little floored by the nipples X6....didn't realise that many would fit on such a small surface. You do mean like 6 piercings on the nipples, right?
*sneaks back into the cave holding her boobs!*

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 09:55 PM
*sneaks back into the cave holding her boobs!*HAAAAA!!!! That's HILARIOUS!:D

mafiaprincess
June 8th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Well, least I feel far more wanted here. Thanks guys. That was totally it.. Made a very crude post abotu me and what I supposedly do, and how that makes me psycho and therefore I should never be listened to.

I'm a google freak. If I want to know about something I go hog wild.. I may not know everything, like I thought because the chi club of america recognized merle it was always there... But I like to learn.. Not offer up advice that came from nowhere..

After shocking my parents a bunch I just bluntly told them what I was going to get pierced.. Made life easier. *chants go bmd go bmd* lol

Nap was nape after I realized and edited it.. lol
I had my lower back pierced with a staple shaped piece of jewellry over the spine. Surface piercings are generally ones that enter and exit on the same plain.. so the jewelry needs to be more custom made to you.
Ex bf used to hit it all the time though, made it angry I had to remove it..

Pulling is like tug of war, chest or back hooks. I went with back. Other person does the same, rigged together..

People here are far far cooler. Wow. I'm actually glad I shared. After I posted I was tempted to log off and run away. :grouphug:

I had my nipples each pierced 3x.. separate ocassions. First time they rejected from university stress after being healed for 3 years. Neither other time did they last more than months. I do know people with a verticle and horizontal in each though.

Feral_cats
June 8th, 2006, 10:00 PM
People here are far far cooler. Wow. I'm actually glad I shared. After I posted I was tempted to log off and run away. :grouphug:
im glad you shared or i never would of .

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Lucky I was sitting down for that...

Feeling wooooozy....

http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/2.gif

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 10:01 PM

NO!! Don't run away....somebody has to educate us wussy cave dwellers!! :D

I see about the 6X nipple...it was all seperate occasions...I get it now...

mafiaprincess
June 8th, 2006, 10:10 PM
LOL. May want to crotch grab while hitting your cave too :D

Well I'm glad you shared too Feral. I hemmed and hawed.. Signed off, had to know what people were writing.. lol.

Prin, could be worse I could post suspension pics. LOL.

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 10:12 PM
ooo yep.. that could be worse... http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/2.gif

jesse's mommy
June 8th, 2006, 10:14 PM
I'm putting my habit on now and ducking into my cave.

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I'm putting my habit on now and ducking into my cave.
Hey! Come share our cave... The cave of pain-fearers... The cave of scardy cats. :D

If only we were braver...

How adventurous of you mafiaprincess and feral cats... :o :highfive:

BMDLuver
June 8th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Funny how when you have a thread like this... some of the posters you would expect to have some of the things listed here or be very comfortable wtih them... then someone posts and you are surprised because you have never met them in person but sort of get an idea of how they should look or be.. and find out they aren't at all..

It's kind of like you talk to people online then finally meet them and it wasn't at all what you were expecting ... or a voice over the phone you talk to regularly and you have a body image but then you meet face to face and think... oh, I expected you to be tall and lanky or oh... I thought you were short..

Odd how the mind somehow gives you an impression which might not always be how it is..

Sorry a bit off topic I guess but very interesting to me, lol :o

phoenix
June 8th, 2006, 10:22 PM
you know how prin makes everyone warn in big letters if they are posting a spider picture?

ok, this is in that category please...:o

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM
BMD, I'm so curious as to who you thought would be pierced or not...:D

lol, phoenix, glad I provide a good template for fear-based posting...

jesse's mommy
June 8th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Hey! Come share our cave... The cave of pain-fearers... The cave of scardy cats. :D

If only we were braver...

How adventurous of you mafiaprincess and feral cats... :o :highfive:

I'm on my way. I'll bring the clip on costume jewelry so we can be cool and join in the fun.

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 10:25 PM
*crawls outta the cave to ask another stupid question*

current : tounge 10 g
retired : lip(center) 14g , snake bites (left and right side of lip) 18g , nipples 12 g , bridge od my nose 16 g cleavage (vertical) 12 g ,septum 12g , smiley and Frowny 14gs , tounge web 16g + multiple times in my ears and diff parts of my ears

ok, what's the 'g' stand for -- that's like size, right?
Is cleavage nipples, or...cleavage...?
what the heck is smiley and frowny?? all I know is if the 'g' stands for size I'd be alot more frowny then smiley!!

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I'm on my way. I'll bring the clip on costume jewelry so we can be cool and join in the fun.

ROLMAO!! :D :D :D

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM
lol I'm sure you already have those...:D

I was wondering about the cleavage thing too.

jesse's mommy
June 8th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Now that's funny. Remember, I'm not the packrat in the house or the one who comes home with all the "great stuff", it's the love of my life who can't control his impulse/I need this buying sprees. But speaking of costume jewelry....(Ha Ha)

Puppyluv
June 8th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Meb
G is Gauge. he higher the number, the smaller the diameter of the barbell or ring. It's a measure of how many fit into an inch.

BMDLuver
June 8th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Cleavage... boobs... that gap in between.. some have a barbell style between pointing up n down

g is guage refers to size of earing, stud, barbell etc..

the smiley and frownie I'm not too sure about though..

Puppyluv
June 8th, 2006, 10:41 PM
BMD, I think we ought to keep specific genitalia out of this, as anyone, of any age can stumble across this... last thing a parent wants is "mom! I want to get my ____ pierced!" not knowing what it is.

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 10:43 PM
lol poor parents! :D

mafiaprincess
June 8th, 2006, 10:53 PM
There are 7 standard genital piercings a woman can get. 14 for a guy. I don't have my clit pierced. It's not often a woman does..

G is gauge. My navel is an 8ga. It's not by inches.. It's by the wire gauge system, like for electrical wire.

Smiley is also a scrumpter in some circles.. It's the tiny piece of skin above your two front teeth.. Frowny I assume is the one below your bottom teeth. Haven't heard it called that before though.

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 11:04 PM
There are 7 standard genital piercings a woman can get. 14 for a guy. I don't have my clit pierced. It's not often a woman does..I would hope not... Otherwise nobody would be on board the fun train anymore.;)

7, eh? My mind is going to have a hard time wrapping around that.:o

mafiaprincess
June 8th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I know someone that had so much metal in the trunk that she had to choose undies carefully. It's why I have 2. I have pretty much all I'm happy with. I've contemplated more.. But then it's all 'cluttered' no matter where they are..
I'd like to redo my nipples and back, but it's not a rush thing. I'm happy as I am.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 9th, 2006, 12:57 AM
I had to have my ears repierced not to long ago - I had my naval pierced for years but it grew over thinking of doing it again though.

oh and I had my nose pierced with a gun and it got so infected my nose swelled up huge it was so disgusting :yuck: I went back to the place I had it done and said look at me - then I was told to put butter on it. Then I went back home on the bus with this huge infected nose - called emergency and got laughed at - managed to get the stud and the backing off but never pierced my nose again after that - I still have a little scar though. :D

Prin
June 9th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Butter? Good call, you hacks! That musta sucked.

OntarioGreys
June 9th, 2006, 07:58 AM
I guess I am joining some of you in the cave.

my ears are pieced but they were done in the hospital shortly after my birth, so not an event I remember.

lewisw
June 9th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I hate pictures of ears, but the rook is too hard to explain, so I'm posting a picture. My ring is a lot smaller than her's, but that ridge is your rook.

OUCHHHHH !!!!
That looks like it hurt !!!!

jessi76
June 9th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I have my ears pierced & my navel pierced.

I HAD my tongue done, but it wasn't done right - they hit a major vein inside, lost alot of blood, lost feeling in tip of tongue - piercing had to come out - and thankfully all went back to normal.

I have 2 tatt's. will get more someday.

Skryker
June 9th, 2006, 11:14 AM

retired: nipples x 6, surface spinal, nape, genital x 1

Yeah, I remembered afterwards that I left out some of the mods. I was thinking that maybe no-one would need that option? Lol-guess I was wrong!

Ouch! Even the thought of suspending-owiee! But then,again, I'm a wimp. :p

As for flaming you for your choices, hey, I asked, remember? :angel: Now, if you were doing this to your pet......:rolleyes:

Skryker
June 9th, 2006, 11:17 AM
I've always wanted a tatoo, and always wanted to get my navel pierced...but, like Prin, I'm big wussy-wussy-McWuss!! :o
My ears are pierced, and that's it! I promised myself that after my bachelors I'd get my navel done, but I haven't mustered up the courage yet!!

Part of the reason I got a tattoo was to get over my fear of needles. It worked.:thumbs up

I only found some of the process painful-the 1 needle outlining. When he used 5 together for colouring, it felt like someone rubbing my skin. The cleaning stuff hurt worse than the tattooing itself, since it was soap or alcohol, depending, on a freshly shaved leg. :eek:

Skryker
June 9th, 2006, 11:18 AM
You can see the results but you won't know the where's n how many's lol! ;)

Click on the numbers, where they are blue, and it will show who voted how.

Skryker
June 9th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I have to say, this poll provided more info than I thought it might! Very cool!:cool:

Hee, and I'm kinda glad I wasn't on last night-here I was thinking I had a clue about the whole bod mod thing, and suddenly there's stuff I've never heard of-i didn't want to look silly and ask! Thanks for taking that bullet for me, everyone else in the wuss-cave!:evil:

I agree about the mental image you get of people, BMDLuver, that's what made me create the poll in the first place. I was surprised by the discussion in the after piercing care thread, at the number of people with multiple piercings and got nosy!:o

Rick C
June 9th, 2006, 11:52 AM
There was no choice for the body modifications I made playing shortstop a couple of nights ago . . . . . bloody knees scraped to pieces . . . . . . it's been about 10 years since I was doing that on a weekly basis every summer.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Skryker
June 9th, 2006, 11:57 AM
There's another option I missed-involuntary bod mods!!;) Got a few of those myself. I still carry the marks of a bad "foot-meets-bicycle wheel-while-bike-is in-motion" incident circa 1984.

Dog Mom
June 9th, 2006, 12:04 PM
wow i'm slow today :) I 've got a few body mods
a bunch in my lobes,cartlige, i've got both conches (sp) done and streached to a 10 G, i've got 00g in my first holes on the lobe and i've got 6g in the second. I've got my lip(12g), tongue(12g), nose(14g), both nipples(10g) and 2 thumb webs(12g)
I also have a few tattoo's a gecko on my shoulder, cherry blossoms going up my back to my collarbone and i have 2 semi big dog prints on my left hip.

HunterXHunter
June 9th, 2006, 12:12 PM
a chinese symbol meaning "of the mountains" on my lower back

...? What does that look like? I know what the character for "mountain" is, but..."of the mountains" in 1 character? :confused:

rainbow
June 9th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Is there still room in that cave??? I'm coming to join you with my full burka on. :eek:

I've been reading all your posts and I still don't understand some of the terms. :o

Guess that really proves that I'm older than dirt. :D

Frenchy
June 9th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Nice try Rick C!! Cartilage,genital,nipples...I have one foot in the cave,I'm coming in with cheese cake and a 6 packs ! Hey,I just remember,when I was 13 yr old,I pierced the rest of my ears by myself (just before leaving for school) ,had 2 on one side and 4 on the other,not bad hey??!!OK you guys in the cave,move a bit,I'm coming in....;)

mafiaprincess
June 9th, 2006, 01:09 PM
True enough Skryker. I just didn't know if I had over shared. Being flamed by pet people left a mighty bad taste in my mouth and made me pretty untrusting for a while.
But this thread was oh so tame.. I was dying to say something, lol.
If it was my dog, everyone would be more that able to flame me. Yikes. I've seen a few dog bod mods that really upset me. Online, not in person.

Puppyluv
June 9th, 2006, 01:27 PM
...? What does that look like? I know what the character for "mountain" is, but..."of the mountains" in 1 character? :confused:
lol sorry, by "character" i meant "group of characters" which i now consider one character. i'll try anf get a pic if i can.

Puppyluv
June 9th, 2006, 01:52 PM

couldn't do the photo thing, too akward
It's a little ore syelized than this though, not so blocky.

meggie1425
June 9th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I love these types of threads! im a bit late on joining in, but i have 3 piercings in 1 ear, 2 in the other, and my nipple pierced. I also have two tattoos: "free Bird" on my right ribs and a lotus and clock on my lower back... I dont think i plan on getting anymore piercings, but im just getting started on tattoos and have LOTS more planned! im going to go get another one just as soon as my friend picks a date for us to go! I personally like the feeling of getting a tattoo... the outline on my back hurt like a B****, but tattoos are SOOO addicting, the pain is worth the outcome!

meggie1425
June 9th, 2006, 03:14 PM
... and everyone seems so scared about the thought of nipple piercings, it really didnt hurt that much getting it pierced(it was just really akward!) it hurt more afterwards, like on the bumpy car ride home!

Prin
June 9th, 2006, 03:20 PM
2 thumb webs(12g)Really? I never knew you could do those. They don't get caught on things?

lol meggie, what are you supposed to do? I think if you walk it would be worse than a car ride...:D Jog!?:eek:

Frenchy, pass me a piece of cheesecake. Is it homemade or from Rockaberry?

This cave is getting full. We might have to move to a bigger one (hopefully with less bats... They keep getting caught in my hair).

jjgeonerd
June 9th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I only found some of the process painful-the 1 needle outlining. When he used 5 together for colouring, it felt like someone rubbing my skin.

That's what i thought until I got my last tattoo. The upper half of my left arm (inside and out) and almost my entire left shoulder are now covered with an octopus, ox, and coi fish (there's a pic on here somewhere) with water and rock filling in the Japanese style. It all hurt! Outlining, filling, 3 needles, 10 needles, whatever.

I think it just depends on where it is and how long it takes. This took 1 5-hour sitting and 1 4-hour sitting to complete. I also have one on my back that I thought hurt...it was nothing in comparison (took 1 hour). Interestingly, everyone says the inside of the arm is the worst (and yes it was painful), but for me the top of the shoulder was the worst. It vibrated my whole head!

The endorphin rush when you finish is weird.

Jackie467
June 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I actully didn't think the one on my back hurt at all, not even a little bit. But the one on my hip hurt pretty bad. At first it tickled wich sucked because I was trying so hard not to move so he wouldn't screw up. but when he started over the bone it hurt like crazy and I could feel the whole hip bone vibrating. Lucky it's just a little tattoo. but the filling in I thought was the worst on both, I didn't even feel the outline with either of them. My back took one sitting of 3 hours and my hip only took 15 min.

Dog Mom
June 9th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I've had my thumb webs done for about 2 years now.. I don't really notice them much any more. LOL i've gotten them caught a few times and it doesn't hurt that bad

rainbow
June 9th, 2006, 07:12 PM
This cave is getting full. We might have to move to a bigger one (hopefully with less bats... They keep getting caught in my hair).

OMG...who invited the bats? :eek:

Stacer
June 9th, 2006, 08:15 PM
You'll definitely have to move to a bigger cave, cause i want in. I'm bringing in a masseuse to help rid us of all the painful thoughts. I attempted to get my ears done when I was 7, but only managed to get one pierced, I ran out of the piercing place as the woman was coming towards me for the second one. My mom took me back a couple months later to try to do the second one again, but I kicked and screamed and ran again. Needless to say I never got the second one done and it took me a good 5 years before I was brave enough to take the one earring I did have out of my ear (I thought it would hurt to remove it). A sad situation. I still have the hole in my one ear. And I am being pressured by my brother and sister to get a tattoo since we all agreed to get matching ones, they both got theirs a couple years ago, but I've yet to go do it. I am the queen of the wusses:queen:

Skryker
June 10th, 2006, 12:48 AM
We need to make this cave more habitable! has anyone explored the back for a natural hot-spring? :fingerscr The cheesecake is a good start, and I don't mind the bats as long as they poop somewhere else :yuck: . Oh, and we need an outside patio for the non-wusses to come and visit!

It's so strange, but I would happily sit for another tattoo, but I still have to turn my head away when I get blood taken or a vaccination-if I look at it, I feel faint and queasy. And that's a good reaction. At one point, I freaked out entirely if I had to have blood taken. I mean, i was getting up to run away with the needle in my arm when my Mom grabbed me by the front of my hair to stop me. Shocked the blood tech, but it worked. I calmed down and let her finish. :o So embarassing! So I guess you can see the possibility of me getting anything pierced again....

pamha
June 10th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I got a really bad infection when I had the 2nd hole done in my ears- both sides somehow had cysts that got terribly infected. That is why I held off letting my daughter get hers done until she was 9; I wanted her to be responsible for them and be able to handle it if there were any complications. I find some alternative piercings attractive, but haven`t been tempted to get any done myself. Piercings on the more sensitive sites just make me cringe and want to hide my ...whatevers ;)
I would like a tatoo someday, but never have been able to make up my mind what or where

meb999
June 10th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I already KNOW what I'd like to have tattoo'd...I'd love a butterfly under my belly-button. Tacky, right?
Other than being a HUGE wussy-wuss, another reason I haven't had it done is because I intend on having kids...and that area would get MEGA stretched out...:eek: yikes!
Hopefully, I'll muster up the courage to have my navel pierced this summer....

Frenchy
June 10th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Skryker;I know!Even when my dogs get vaccinated and blood work,I turn my head.At first the vet told me;it doesn't hurt them you know.Yes I know but it hurts me just looking at it!I've been putting off tests (for myself) for a year now:eek: And Prin,if you really want the cheesecake,I won't do it myself!I'm a big ZERO in the kitchen.We could ask Raingirl to bake one.

Prin
June 10th, 2006, 03:28 PM
ooo yes!

meb, I don't think I've ever seen a tattoo below the navel... Then again, judging by this thread, I haven't seen much at all..:D