Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What Is It????

erykah1310
June 7th, 2006, 04:59 AM
OH my I dont recall ever being up so early (even for work)http://bestsmileys.com/tired/1.gif
Anyways IT WONT STOP !! There is some funky bird ( I assume) outside my window, FREAKING OUT!!!!! It sounds like a (mind the spelling here but its not even 5 am and its been doing this for almost half an hour nowhttp://bestsmileys.com/signs11/14.gif) Teradacktil ( lol just sound it out)
Its seriously FREAKING!!! what on earth is it? Clearly a bird, but none the less its still dark out and IT WONT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant see it, and closing windows and putting pillows on my head wont even silence it!!!!!!
Going to have a coffee now , i guess im up for the day already, THANKS TO THE PREHISTORIC BIRD!!!!
http://bestsmileys.com/animals/3.gif

chico2
June 7th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Maybe you could give us a description if he's still there,chances are he might have been defending,his nest and babies.
Birds don't usually make a racket at night,except owls.
A Raccoon might have been going for the nest:confused:
I love figuring out what kind of new bird I find,description please:p

rainbow
June 7th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Definitely need a description. :D

erykah1310
June 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I couldnt see the "Hell raiser" but it finally stopped at 8 this morning!!!!! I dont have any clue what it was, but all i know is it was LOUD!!! I swear it was sitting under my window or something, little game among the birds to see if I would get annoyed or something I DONT KNOW LOL
I hope it doesnt come back tonite!! The main loud birds we have around the house are as follows, owls, hawk, and Crows! IT didnt sound like either of them. Maybe a VERY VERY upset Raven???? I dont know!!
Very tired to day none the less! LOL

jesse's mommy
June 7th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Wait you were serious about this? I thought it was a joke with the cartoon! I thought it was one of those I'm so overtired I'm giddy type of things. Don't I feel like a screwball?

Prin
June 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah, here, they start at about 3 am, so as long as I'm asleep before then, I don't hear them (but I have to have my window shut).

Birds, eh?:rolleyes:

glasslass
June 7th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Here we have Mocking Birds that sing at night. They are not especially attractive birds, actually rather plain looking, but can they sing! They copy other birds songs. I thought I would miss the one at my previous home but was so happy to discover that we have one at the new residence as well.

erykah1310
June 8th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Ok!! I think this is going to have to be something i adjust to! The birdie is back again, so i in turn i am awake again. However the only bird i can see is ITTY BITTY!!! No way can that little bird make such a racket!!! ( unless it has found a megaphone in the wilderness and is using it)
The description of the bird i saw is prolly 2 inches high and greyish ( i tried for a picture but my digital sucks when its at all dark :sorry: )

chico2
June 8th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Glasslass,I forgot about the Mocking-bird singing at night,LOVE it,but only see them when we go to South Carolina.
Greyish and 2 inches long....hmmm:confused:
here's a Mockingbird-pic I took a couple of years ago...

SunGurl372
June 11th, 2006, 11:00 PM
I can feel your pain. A few weeks ago, we had an HORRIBLE infestation of some kind of cricket, or beetle, or some insect, that was singing SOOOOO LOUD. It was horrible. It was a high pitched hum that swelled and ebbed, but you could hear it over everything. They were only around for a week or so, so they must have been in some sort of mating season, but OCH! the NOISE!!!

chico2
June 12th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Now,I am a little weird:p but I love to go to sleep at night hearing the crickets(later in the summer)doing their thing,to me perfect nightmusic:thumbs up

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 12th, 2006, 11:44 AM
We have a bird in our neighbourhood not sure what it looks like but it goes

Eeer - EEEEERRR - eeeer - ERRRRRRR with the emphasis on the capitilaized ERRR - pretty much all day - sometimes I say it over and over again in my head almost sounds like its a human pretending to be a bird. :D

dogcatharmony
June 12th, 2006, 11:52 AM
i have two bluejays that live in a tree next to my bedroom...........now that is noisy. they scream at anything and at anytime. even when the cats sit in the window the one bird comes up to the branch closest to the window to scream at the cat. i would love to get a picture of that lol

happycats
June 12th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I say your "bird" is actually a racoon, or racoon baby.(it's that time of year) they are very very loud, I was woken up last week at 4am by them:) :eek: . They do sound like a bird, and are very loud. the best way to describe a racoon racket, is it's kind of like a squeegee on the window amplified ;)

erykah1310
June 12th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I dont know what it was but it HAS MOVED ON!! to better windows and houses i presume!! :D PEACE AT LAST!! LOL, i baught some ear plugs to help me out so i dont really know when it left??? However i couldnt wear my ear plugs last nite ( had to hear the alarm) and NOTHING!! it was a good sleep!! WHOO HOO