Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

whats the stupidest thing you ever baught?

erykah1310
June 6th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Looking through my house today I came across what apparently were TREASURES at one point. I cant believe i paid money for them !!! http://bestsmileys.com/surprised/2.gif
Such "treasures" were: fuzzy dice to hang from my rear view mirror
- black lights to give my car some freaky ambiance
-whisper 2000 kinda thing !!!! LOL
-Lava lamps ( many many many of them)
-Funky underwater goggles with lights and windsheild wipershttp://bestsmileys.com/doh/2.gif
and a few other things, Now im wondering what it is all of you have baught that was equally dumb???? LOL

heidiho
June 6th, 2006, 04:01 PM
To funny,i love lava lamps,and for sure will be getting a black light to put above the bed,HEE HEE TRY IT MAKES EVERYTHING LOOK SEXY

Shamrock
June 6th, 2006, 04:07 PM
LOL!! Too funny..
Oh.. I am sure I have many...

What pops into my mind at the moment...
little red rubber doggie rainboots..just like those for a child.
ummm.... but how do they stay on?;)

jesse's mommy
June 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM
The Ab-Doer -- It's a chair with these arms that come over it and you are supposed to pull down on them and as you pull down on the arms it's supposed to give you the effect of doing a sit up, while sitting up. Stupid thing held my laundry for the longest time because it doesn't work.

Now, as for my honey, I have a great list for you:

- A disco Ball, actually 3
- Four Karaoke Machines
- Bagpipes
- Three Ukeleles
- The "Kramer"
- Lights that will light up with the beat of music ????
- A Blow Up Sumo Halloween costume in January
- A Reggae Wig

I can go on if you want me to. The list is extremely lengthy!

Stacer
June 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM
I bought this hair removal system that was supposed to permanently remove hair using radio frequencies. I thought I would never have to shave my legs again, WRONG. The damn thing didn't even remove one hair, let alone my whole leg's worth of hair. I spent almost $100 on it and couldn't return it. I'm sure there are other things, but supper's ready, I'll think of more while I eat my fajitas.:D

raingirl
June 6th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Oh gosh..Hmm...I have so many.

I have a "collection" of M&M dispensers

Do cookbooks count? I have a lot that I bought, yet I haven't tried any of the recipes yet.

frames. I like buying picture frames, but I never get around to putting pictures in them.

Gosh, I have too many to think of right now.

technodoll
June 6th, 2006, 09:23 PM
oh... my... gawd... i can't believe i actually bought one of these (15 years ago, but still!!). a THIGHMASTER!! :crazy:

i think i used it all of two times, LOL! sorry suzanne sommers :o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 6th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Ok lets see here where do I begin

An abdoer ok I didnt buy it my hubby came home with it - and Jesse you are right it does not work - I even researched on the net and you get like a level one cardio workout but it is good for hanging laundry on.

An eforce glider thing - that I bought from an infomorciel must have cost 400 bucks and does not work and the thing squeaked like crazy. I sold it to a co-worker for 20 bucks who turned around and sold it to another co-worker for 10

Cellulite cream off the net that was supposed to give me smooth fat free legs - the only thing fat free is in my fridge

Two body balls both the wrong size with no pump so they are basically useless but my kids play with them.

An easy rider pretty much the same as an e-force except much smoother though not to convinced that it gives you a workout though - hubby came home with this one too.

A home electryolisis kit - there is a reason why we pay to have this done

Green spray paint for the grass - the basically makes totally un- natural stains on the grass.

Prin
June 6th, 2006, 10:46 PM
- Three Ukeleles
- The "Kramer"
- A Blow Up Sumo Halloween costume in January
- A Reggae Wig
lol lol I was just going to quote the "Kramer" and laugh, but then it just got better and better. I love your man.:D

I still haven't bought anything abnormally odd yet... But I do like that potato stand they have on the infomercials.:D

jesse's mommy
June 7th, 2006, 04:26 AM
I still haven't bought anything abnormally odd yet... But I do like that potato stand they have on the infomercials.:D

The one that you sit the potato on, spin a handle and it "magically" peels the potato? We have that too, it doesn't work.

I forgot infomercial stuff, don't even get me started on that one. Maybe I'll give you all that list when I come home from work tonight. :eek:

Prin
June 7th, 2006, 12:00 PM
No, no, it didn't actually do anything. It was just a stand to put your potatoes on. lol

catsnatcher-CDN
June 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I paid $20.00 for a cd that loops the humming sound of a loud humidifer.

I paid an extra $3.00 to have it shipped quickly.

:crazy:

HunterXHunter
June 7th, 2006, 01:00 PM

ROFL ... what were you thinking!? :rolleyes:

catsnatcher-CDN
June 7th, 2006, 01:04 PM
I'm not telling.

jessi76
June 7th, 2006, 01:18 PM
ROFL ... what were you thinking!? :rolleyes:

more like... what were you smoking!?

Rick C
June 7th, 2006, 01:32 PM
In my early 20's and in desperate need of wanting to "fit in", I spent my entire tax refund of some several hundred dollars on cowboy clothes, including poopkickers and a cowboy hat, for an upcoming rodeo . . . . . . I looked very stupid that day. Never wore the stuff again.

Haven't owned a cowboy hat or poopkickers since then either . . . .

Secondly, as a humiliation bonus for your amusement, again in my early 20's (the early 80's), proving that sex sells, I was in this men's shop in a small Alberta city at the complete mercy of some very, very lovely and buxom salesgirls . . . . . and they managed to hornswaggle me into buying the last shirt from the disco era in their store, something so horribly out of date that as I looked back I saw them giggling and pointing at me as I walked out the door, bag in hand.

Of course, I would have believed anything they had said that day . . . . but I've never let my (insert phallic symbol here) do the shopping for me since. :highfive: :angel:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

meggie1425
June 7th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Oh, im sure ive baught wwwaaaay too many stupid things to list, i cant think of most of them right now, but the thing i regret most is spending so much money on stupid movies over the years...

mummummum
June 7th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Given my shopaholic ways this could be a novella. But what immediately comes to mind is the nine foot green velvet couch I bought for Declan (he kept sliding off the leather one:eek: ) which had to be carried up three flights of stairs and then took a 1/2 of of wrangling by two burly guys to get it into the livingroom and now is my very own nine foot velvet hair collector !:D Obviously, Declan likes it...

jesse's mommy
June 8th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I almost forgot a few others to add to the list. For some reason the man is also big on inflatable toys (as I type this I know what just popped into all you sickos minds and that's not it!), anyway, we have a six foot inflatable palm tree, a five foot inflatable monkey, a inflatable surf board, a inflatable cooler, and countless inflatable beach balls. As I remember more, I'll add to the list. I seriously have a two car garage that we can't keep any cars in because of his crap, oh wait, I mean treasures. :p

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
ooo I thought of one! I bought a pair of glasses for $600. How's that for stupid? Not stupid enough? Ok, two years later, I found out they were the wrong prescription. :eek: They were slightly stronger than I needed, which made my eyes weaker.:(

Now I get them at costco for $150 (and the right Rx).

erykah1310
June 8th, 2006, 05:36 PM
For some reason the man is also big on inflatable toys (as I type this I know what just popped into all you sickos minds and that's not it!)

Actually that didnt pop into my head but thanks for popping it in there http://bestsmileys.com/lol/10.gif

Skryker
June 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I could fill pages, i'm sure, since I'm a sucker for gadgets. Recently, a booklight since our living room was kinda dark at night. The stupid thing is so heavy and akward, it bends the book. Didn't seem so heavy in the package, but it takes 6 AA batteries to run.

jesse's mommy
June 8th, 2006, 06:06 PM
We have that.:o

Puppyluv
June 8th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Is it a Ronco product? If yes, I own it, and regret it.

Ronco Food Dehydrator
Ronco Food Dehydrator trays for fruit leather and "yogurt" drops
Ronco Solid Flavour injector
Pocket Fisherman.... no I don't fish, I have fished maybe 5 times in my life.
Ronco GLH in Blonde.... I pressed the wrong entry code, and now have fake blonde hair in a can. I'm not even blonde
Ronco Inside-the-shell egg scrambler
Ronco Dial-o-matic
Ronco Flip-its

Then I also have this fake ocean, that runs a band of illuminated screen with pictures of fish round and round. It was my alternative to a pet, Only problem is, I got a real pet 10 days later, and the thing is so loud, it sounds like a reving motorcycle.

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Ronco! That's super classic.:highfive:

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 07:35 PM

ROLMAO!! My eyes are all teary from the laughter....http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gif

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM
The dumbest thing I ever baught my man was a miniature ice-rink, with all the figurines from the movie 'Slapshot' on it. I realised what a bad gift it was when we moved in together and he actually wanted to set it up in the living room!!

The worse thing I ever bought myself was hotpants. In the 1990's...not the 60's.....I was wearing hotpants. I thought I looked so cool, I now realised I had 'cool' mixed up with 'prostitute' !!

technodoll
June 8th, 2006, 08:24 PM
a crockpot :( in theory they are a fantastic thing, i thought heck i'm a busy person, i'd love to come home to a slow-cooked meal every week! but i've used it twice in three years... both recipes required alot of prep time, burnt and were just nasty. whoda thunkit?? :confused:

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 08:39 PM
The dumbest thing I ever baught my man was a miniature ice-rink, with all the figurines from the movie 'Slapshot' on it. I realised what a bad gift it was when we moved in together and he actually wanted to set it up in the living room!!OMG that is the coolest present ever! Seriously. :o

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 08:56 PM
OMG that is the coolest present ever! Seriously. :o
He liked it....used to sit around making them speak : 'Dis is hooking...but only english pig do dat!'
(my bf is english...it's a line from the movie...please no one get offended!!)

jesse's mommy
June 8th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Infomercials (Yes -- We own these):

Perfect Pancake
Eggstractor
Potato Peeler
Blazing Chicken
Perfect Omelette
The Gutter Cleaner thing
Ultravection Oven
Oxy Clean
The Bullet
Banjo Lure (Fishing)
We were outbid on the Ab Lounge
We know how to get rich with six different internet scams and we know how to advertise them for free in over 500 newspapers thanks to Don Lupree!
The Total Body Gym
A Billy Blanks Taebo kick bag (another blow up thing)
An Ab Roller (not to be confused with the Ab Doer)
The Ab Tiger
Inversion Boots
A blackhead sucker
A hot rocks massage therapy kit
Finishing Touch Hair Removal
The Onion Bloomer
Betty Crocker Bake and Fill
Centerpiece Gourmet
Deli Pro Knife Set
Darrens Dance Grooves
Richard Simmons Dancing to the Oldies
George Forman Grill
Original Chocolate Factory
Grip & Flip
Shappu 2000 Knife Set

Before I met the man, he brought up purchasing from Ronco 52 simulated stones "party ring" ain't that cool?

Now he wants Jesus in a pan. Basically it's a frying pan that will cook the face of Jesus onto whatever you cook in it.

Shall I continue?

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 09:02 PM
lol you need a garage sale.:D

meb999
June 8th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Now he wants Jesus in a pan. Basically it's a frying pan that will cook the face of Jesus onto whatever you cook in it.

ROLMAO!!! Nothin says lovin' like Jesus' face on your steak!!

jesse's mommy
June 8th, 2006, 09:08 PM
lol you need a garage sale.:D

We had a huge one before we moved. These are treasures he refuses to get rid of. It's bad, I really want him to go on a "guys getaway" weekend so I can clean and get rid of a bunch of stuff, but I think he is suspicious.

By the way, the house we live in now is so much bigger than before so he thinks he can go out and buy more stuff.

OntarioGreys
June 9th, 2006, 07:21 AM
The $2500 leather chew toy(living room suite) for my lab, what made it stupid was I knew he was a chewer, he already has a taste for drywall, baseboards and lineoleum floors.

Beau'sMom
June 9th, 2006, 08:02 AM
My husband has never let me live down buying an AbRoller! :o I also brought Richard Simmons Dancing to the Oldies, not one, the whole darn set :eek:

Skryker
June 9th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Infomercials (Yes -- We own these):

Perfect Pancake
Eggstractor
Potato Peeler
Blazing Chicken
Perfect Omelette
The Gutter Cleaner thing
Ultravection Oven
Oxy Clean
The Bullet
Banjo Lure (Fishing)
We were outbid on the Ab Lounge
We know how to get rich with six different internet scams and we know how to advertise them for free in over 500 newspapers thanks to Don Lupree!
The Total Body Gym
A Billy Blanks Taebo kick bag (another blow up thing)
An Ab Roller (not to be confused with the Ab Doer)
The Ab Tiger
Inversion Boots
A blackhead sucker
A hot rocks massage therapy kit
Finishing Touch Hair Removal
The Onion Bloomer
Betty Crocker Bake and Fill
Centerpiece Gourmet
Deli Pro Knife Set
Darrens Dance Grooves
Richard Simmons Dancing to the Oldies
George Forman Grill
Original Chocolate Factory
Grip & Flip
Shappu 2000 Knife Set

Before I met the man, he brought up purchasing from Ronco 52 simulated stones "party ring" ain't that cool?

Shall I continue?

:D roflol-and I always wondered if anyone really bought this stuff! Now I know.

rainbow
June 9th, 2006, 12:05 PM
OMG Jesse's Mommy, I think you're hubby belongs in the Guinness Book of World Records. :eek:

As a sidenote though, I have the George Forman Grill and also the George Forman Roaster, and actually quite like them both. :D

Puppyluv
June 9th, 2006, 01:04 PM
The happy clapper.... a little wooden box, with two wooden hands protruding from one side, and a crank from another. Turn the crank, elastic bands inside the box twist, let go, hands clap repetitively. $65 cad

SnowDancer
June 9th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Many things, BUT I am holding in my hands yesterday's purchase of Dryer Max's "Dryer Lint Removal Kit - Cdn. $ cost $29.99. Have saved my receipt. I certainly like the concept as I am concerned about my dryer set up - but am equally concerned about the little logo on the box "As Seen On TV" - have never found that to be good. If anyone has this - "in storage" - would appreciate advice as to what to do with mine - before I open it. Includes 10' Dryer Vent Duct Brush, 36" Lint Rap Vent Brush and a Vacuum Hose Attachment. Too bad Vacuum is at death's door. Thanks.

rainbow
June 9th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Many things, BUT I am holding in my hands yesterday's purchase of Dryer Max's "Dryer Lint Removal Kit - Cdn. $ cost $29.99. Have saved my receipt. I certainly like the concept as I am concerned about my dryer set up - but am equally concerned about the little logo on the box "As Seen On TV" - have never found that to be good. If anyone has this - "in storage" - would appreciate advice as to what to do with mine - before I open it. Includes 10' Dryer Vent Duct Brush, 36" Lint Rap Vent Brush and a Vacuum Hose Attachment. Too bad Vacuum is at death's door. Thanks.

I've never seen the "Dryer Lint Removal Kit", but did you know that you're supposed to take out your dryer's lint trap and wash it in soapy water? I do mine about once a month now.

technodoll
June 9th, 2006, 08:45 PM
The happy clapper.... a little wooden box, with two wooden hands protruding from one side, and a crank from another. Turn the crank, elastic bands inside the box twist, let go, hands clap repetitively. $65 cad

sorry but... BOUAAAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAA!! that one wins the gold trophy :D :D :D

glasslass
June 10th, 2006, 09:05 PM
For a Valentines Day joke, I bought a green satin elephant jockstrap for hubby. Visualize that trunk! He actually was a good sport and tried it on for me. Then it sat for years in the bottom of his underwear drawer.

mafiaprincess
June 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM
a crockpot :( in theory they are a fantastic thing, i thought heck i'm a busy person, i'd love to come home to a slow-cooked meal every week! but i've used it twice in three years... both recipes required alot of prep time, burnt and were just nasty. whoda thunkit?? :confused:

Thread jack..
There's a Jean Pere series cookbook of slow cooker recipies. My Mom just bought it, used it a few times so far, worked well, no burnage, and best of all the prep was pretty simple.
(If you ever wanted to try to make it a non-stupid purchase at some point)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 10th, 2006, 11:19 PM
I have bought lots of useless stuff to try and get my kids to sleep on their own - none of it worked.

-Kenny Loggins Lullaby CD - great CD but the kid hated it
-drops from health store to put on tongue - made him even more mad
-this thing that sounds like a moms heart beat and amniotic fluid - like a peaceful whooshing sound - must not --have been my heart beat or amniotic fluid as my kid hated it too
-this thing that makes stars on the ceiling and pretty shapes - as well did not work
-pullups that you are supposed to be able to feel when you wet - nope didnt work

ok has anyone bought a clapper - someone has to admit to that
what about the flowpe - the vacuum thing that goes on your head that cuts your hair :D

Shamrock
June 11th, 2006, 02:44 AM
omg! These are hilarious! You are all such good sports to share your little .. and not-so-little items that didnt quite pan out..

I have made tons of stupid purchases, impulse buys. Clothes that I was "going to' fit into, a bike that I've ridden once, useless cosmetics that I was pressured into buying at those in- home sales parties,.. some green alleged health drink that looked and tasted like bile.
But I am not a "gadget' person, nor a tv product consumer so nothing nearly as interesting and colourful to match these.

My husband loves to browse the flea markets ( serious pack rat) Some of the 'finds" he's shown up with have left me at a loss for words.:eek:

His taste in objects d' art leave a bit to be desired.
One of my favourites was an ugly rubber fish on a plaque that sang "Dont Worry, Be Happy".

He seems to be partial to things that sing..

This last Easter he bought a stuffed toy rabbit on his bargain hunting travels.. no idea why. He thought it was cute - it's ears light up, and it moves along the floor singing what must be a seasonal greeting..
If only any of us knew Spanish..
Well, its the thought that counts.

what about the flowpe - the vacuum thing that goes on your head that cuts your hair :D

Now that sound intriquing... and a bit scary.:crazy:

jesse's mommy
June 11th, 2006, 07:37 AM

My grandfather had one of these and used it all the time on himself. Once he found this he never went to a hairdresser again! Once he got sick, he passed it on to my father and my father used it to cut the dogs hair. :eek: And he loved it!!!

OMG Jesse's Mommy, I think you're hubby belongs in the Guinness Book of World Records.

roflol-and I always wondered if anyone really bought this stuff! Now I know.

Thanks for the sympathy. There are times that I really need it! :o

glasslass
June 11th, 2006, 10:11 PM
One of my favourites was an ugly rubber fish on a plaque that sang "Dont Worry, Be Happy".

Not only does it sing, it flops around on the plaque! I know! How do I know? I have one out in the garage somewhere! I forgot all about it. It was given to us as a joke!

jesse's mommy
July 23rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
I had to revive this. Guess what we are the proud new owners of? Here you go:

technodoll
July 23rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
what's it for? :confused:

jesse's mommy
July 23rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
It's supposed to cook pasta in no time flat with no mess and no chance of burning yourself when you are trying to strain it out. It's the new wave in food technology....:o

technodoll
July 23rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
i just can't imagine it, LOL! you put the plastic container in boiling water? "speak to me like i'm 5 years old" :D

Puppyluv
July 23rd, 2006, 04:08 PM
lol, i thought it was just a pasta storage unit :p
Do you pour the water in, or do you put it in the water??

jesse's mommy
July 23rd, 2006, 04:16 PM
You put the boiling water in it and it magically cooks. :o

technodoll
July 23rd, 2006, 04:21 PM
wowa! does it work? :eek: i want one!

Prin
July 23rd, 2006, 04:29 PM
I saw that one on tv. Looks so funny. I'm guessing because it's vertical, the heat doesn't escape as quickly, so the noodles cook... You'll have to update us with a report after you try it out...:D

jesse's mommy
July 23rd, 2006, 04:31 PM
I don't know we haven't used it yet.

mastifflover
July 23rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
My friend has one he says it works but that is not an endorsement I have tasted his cooking and it is not something most should be subjected to. But let us know how it works.

Puppyluv
July 23rd, 2006, 05:25 PM
Well, "kathy" likes it:
http://www.komotv.com/does_it_work/story.asp?ID=42427

cindyann
July 24th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I got caught up in the beanie babies. I hunted those things down for a year stood in lines for hours .Spent way to much money on them. Thinking some day they would be worth money. Know you can't give them away. I have over 300 of them sitting in storage bins taking up space.

mastifflover
July 24th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks Puppyluv I have never bought anything I see on TV but this one caught my attention I hate cleaning up after making pasta. But I love pasta I may try it.

Prin
July 24th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah, but cleaning that tube must be a nightmare. I mean, they probably say it's dishwasher safe, but most dishwashers can't get into a tall glass, let alone a foot and a half tall glass...

meb999
July 24th, 2006, 11:33 AM
wowa! does it work? :eek: i want one!

My friend has one. she says unless you like your pasta very, very 'al dente' --- it only works with angel hair pasta.

jesse's mommy
August 5th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Well we still haven't used the Perfect Pasta thing so I don't have any reviews yet, but I did see an infomercial that I want. I usually don't fall for these things (since honey is the leader of that pack), but I think this one is actually a good idea. It's the Vidalia Chop Wizard. What do you think?

http://www.chopwizard.com/

Does that not make food prep so much easier? I actually think I might go buy this one.

CyberKitten
August 5th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Maybe it is me but what is silly about 3 ukes, lol? (I have just one but used to play it, haven't in yrs tho and taught ukelele in the school system as a teenager. It was a great way for kids to learn music.) I am sure I have bought something stupid but can't thino of anything offhand - I have never bought anything from an infomercial. I did but the Sims software and while I have installed it, never have time to play and have yet to figure it all out. (I also bought the pet edition). So that may be a waste of money tho I can always donate it to the hospital. The other day I was in a hurry (a chronic prob, lol) and bought some strawberry water only to dscover when I arrived home it had 66 calories and was more like pop than water. Oh well, I drank it anyway, lol I once bought a light for a Game Boy - that prob counts as something I hardly needed, lol

jesse's mommy
August 5th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Maybe it is me but what is silly about 3 ukes, lol?

Three ukes wouldn't be bad if we didn't also own everything I listed in post #19 and post #31.

rainbow
August 5th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Well we still haven't used the Perfect Pasta thing so I don't have any reviews yet, but I did see an infomercial that I want. I usually don't fall for these things (since honey is the leader of that pack), but I think this one is actually a good idea. It's the Vidalia Chop Wizard. What do you think?

http://www.chopwizard.com/

Does that not make food prep so much easier? I actually think I might go buy this one.

It does look like a good idea....I hate chopping. :evil: I'm always hesitant to buy from an infomercial though. I always think that if the product is any good then it will show up in the stores eventually. :D

SnowDancer
August 6th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I most definitely did not buy it, but have recently seen the sales pitch on TV for a gadget that sits on your car's front window and supposedly lowers the heat caused by the sun???? Looks like one of those timers you can use to turn your lights on and off when on vacation. Somehow I think this product would be seriously useless. Re the Pasta Perfect, I have seen it, but just couldn't imagine using it for the "cooking" of suggested foods - hot dogs? I would be afraid they would be still raw - and even worse for you.

jesse's mommy
August 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM
SnowDancer, I am laughing so hard right now. The hot dog thing is why my honey wanted the pasta perfect and he has mentioned the thing that you put in your car to cool it off. He wants it SOOOOO BAD! He told me if I happen to see it somewhere to PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE pick it up for him. I just saw the commercial yesterday and I was just shaking my head. These infomercials have my honey's number.

SnowDancer
August 6th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Jesse'sMommy - If you get the "car cooler" I absolutely have to have a report on how well it DOESN'T work. Just think if it did - would make the car air conditioner people quake in their boots. I have seen the Pasta Express at Linens and Things in Toronto and figured that pasta would be al dente at best - fine with me - but if pasta is al dente, gee, how "cooked" would the hot dogs be! I guess I would have to test on DH - after all, wouldn't want puppy dog to get an upset stomach.