Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need some advice about my lonely cat

stellabella
June 6th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I have a three year old female domestic. She is very special too me although she has a bit of an attitute at times ;) Recently I just finished University and I am now working full time. While I was in school I had only 15 hours of class a week and my roomate (who was also a student) also had only 15 or so hours /week so we were home quite often. Now that i work 40-50 hours a week (two jobs) I feel absolutely terrible that she is alone:( She is completely sucky when I get home.. which is not like her usual diva attitude, and she has become really vocal which is also not like her
When she was a kitten she grew up with my parents' cats (3 of them) and she loved them very much (cuddled, groomed each other etc...)

Anyways so here is my dilema. 1) I send my cat to live with my parents (although I know they wont be happy with another hairball in the house - but they will take her) OR 2) get another cat for company OR 3) Wait it out so she gets used to my work schedule

What Should I do???

~StellaBella

cpietra16
June 6th, 2006, 10:25 AM
I guess it also depends on finances....can you afford 2 cats? Will your cat tolorate a new cat? I have 5 cats and they usually sleep all day and wait for me to come home. They are more people kind of Cats...then again I have a female who loves to play with the others....I guess it depends on your cat and the attitude. I guess I am no help to you...sorry:confused:

badger
June 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I agree that bringing home a cat she doesn't know is a crapshoot (although frequently successful), plus the expense, and possibly a second litterbox (I have litterbox fatigue).
If you have the room, why not bring one of her littermates from your parents' place? Preferably a male that is sufficiently submissive to fit into her diva universe.

jesse's mommy
June 6th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Or how about a foster to see if it's a situation that would work? I know shelters are always looking for people to help.