Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found dog East Montreal

badger
June 5th, 2006, 02:45 PM
I found a small dog wandering in an alley, around noon today, no collar, no tags. Waited around for the owner and guess what.
Friendly little girl (I think), recently brushed, not yappy, not starving, fairly clean. When I got a spare leash from my neighbour and took her out to pee, she wandered in all directions, trying to orient herself, then jumped up on a parked car as if she expected to get in. Walked around the neighbourhood and asked people if they recognized her. Nobody had.
Poor thing. Could be a dumpee, she was near a main road which is a direct route to Jacques Cartier Bridge and the South Shore.

Should the owner not turn up, is there a small animal rescue that could take her on? I absolutely can't keep her, she has to be crated inside to protect her from the cats. Overflow...

Anyway, here she is...

poodletalk
June 5th, 2006, 03:23 PM
What a cutie!

Sorry I can't help out, hopefully her owners will be found asap.

In the meantime, you can send her picture to info@spcamonteregie.com, they will post her picture and small write up about her.

badger
June 5th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks Poodle, Monteregie is a bit far from here, isn't it? I gave her description to the 'other' SPCA.

poodletalk
June 5th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Yes, it's far but it never hurts to advertise the dog on multiple sites. Monteregie has a lost and found section....you never know who's looking.

chico2
June 5th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Badger,she is adorable and very lucky the Pied Piper(SP) Badger found her:thumbs up
I am sure she'll be adopted if put in a no-kill shelter,a sweet little thing like her...you are the best!!

Lucky Rescue
June 5th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I think I found a place for her. I have PM'd you!

badger
June 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Lucky, I just PM'd you back. My neighbour was walking the dog, with her own, and a woman called to the stray, Milli!, who responded.
She had been missing since this morning, got out under the gate. So I guess they wouldn't have been home when I walked her around the neighbourhood this afternoon. I don't think Milli gets out much, which would explain why nobody recognized her. Plus they've only lived in the neighbourhood for about a month.
I wish I'd had a chance to eyeball the woman but it would probably just have made me mad. I know they didn't call it in to the SPCA because there was no dog of that description on their books when I rang around 5.

Thanks everyone.