Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sawasdee

moongazing
June 5th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Hello everyone,

Sawasdee is a Thai greeting = Hello which i would like to assume that most of you here have heard this word.:)

Okay, here i am...I moved from Bangkok,Thailand to Montreal 2 years ago. Because i believe that a healthy love shouldn't being apart.
I was a columnist in a Thai magazine and i still have a column to be published (in Thai of cause) every 2 weeks by sending it via email. thanks to today's teachnology!. My husband is teaching at Concordia Univesity, subject about transportations and things which i always have a quality funtime when he dragged me around town on the bicycle.:D

Anyway,we have been talking about having a cat or cats since we were in Australia ( back to year 2000.) but by that time we totally had no idea where we would be sattled down. So, our cat project had to be kept in my cupboard quietly.

Now,we both agree that our loving home is ready to have a new family member. that's leaded me to find this website and u all.

I'm very happy to be part of this community.:pawprint:

:)

LavenderRott
June 5th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Well, Sawasdee!

There are lots of "cat people" here that can help you with any questions that you might have about aquiring and caring for a cat.

If you must have a kitten, might I suggest your local shelter? I am sure that there are a couple of members here that can tell you the best shelters to check. If you are looking for an older cat, there are several members here that are very active in the cat rescue community and would be more then happy to help you find the perfect new member for your family!

Skryker
June 5th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Welcome, indeed! Sawasdee!:)

I agree wholeheartedly with the rescue idea. My cat was a stray living on a friends doorstep when I took her in. She has rewarded me 100 times over with love and affection.

Kittens are wonderful in their way, but take more time and patience for sure.

Please, post pictures when you welcome your new family member home.

chico2
June 5th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the Forum:thumbs up
Yes,there are a lot of catowners here,I have 3 wonderful cats.
I would suggest if you get kittens or even cats(who are used to each other)to get 2,it's double the love and you'll really enjoy them interacting.
I hope you and your husband are planning on staying put,cats are up to a 20yr comittment.