Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

"Mass producing" dogs

LM1313
June 5th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I found this on another doggie board . . . an interview with a "mass producer" of puppies. This should be posted on the door of every pet store.

http://www.pedigreedogs.co.uk/k9bytes/puppyfarming4.htm

erykah1310
June 5th, 2006, 11:53 AM
That is so sad!! Angers me to no end! SOme people will do anything for a buck, refering to the situation as " getting rich" GRRR.
Someone should kick that persons A$$! there should be law against that instead of wasting our time with BSL! Shows where the governments perogatives are, the more puppies going to the vet, the more taxes paid!!! :mad:

Prin
June 5th, 2006, 12:35 PM
omg what a terrible thing to do. :sad: Poor dogs who don't ask to be born into sexual slavery.:sad:

Skryker
June 5th, 2006, 02:11 PM
That article made me sick! But I have to wonder, givne the source of the article, whether or not it is a piece of propaganda. Each quote from the puppy farmer (what a revolting notion! :yuck: ) seems almost too perfectly able to express the maximum amount of contempt for the dogs, the customers and for reputable breeders.

JMO, but after the emotional reaction, the cynic in me wonders....

phoenix
June 5th, 2006, 02:11 PM
it's sad... and true to life probably, but why do I think this interview is contrived (fake?)

haha we posted the same idea at the same time. you're not so naive skryker

Skryker
June 5th, 2006, 02:33 PM
it's sad... and true to life probably, but why do I think this interview is contrived (fake?)

haha we posted the same idea at the same time. you're not so naive skryker

:D Why, thank you! :o My family will be greatful to learn that there is hope for me yet!

Prin
June 5th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that too, but then I remember when a miller posted here that he was helping people get lifelong friends for a profit and other crap spewing and I thought, maybe there are really people that ignorant and evil.:sad:

Skryker
June 5th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I don't doubt at all that there are people who do this-we've all seen the results. And I don't doubt that there are those who hold the attitudes expressed, either. But I have to wonder, if you were sick of people misjudging what you do, would you be so open with your contempt? It wouldn't surprise me at all if this man exists and is a puppy farmer, out for max profit and viewing his dogs solely as producers, but I still think this arcticle has been manipulated in some way. Again, just my opinion.

Ugh, even the idea of a Puppy Farm (Daisy Hill Puppy Farm from Peanuts notwith standing) is revolting!

mafiaprincess
June 12th, 2006, 04:15 AM
While there are undisputedly many mills in this world.. the article isn't real..

The puppy 'farmer's name is Hugh Jincumb.. Sound it out. It's huge income...

While the answers are probably in the range of what millers think, it's technically a propaganda piece.

LM1313
June 12th, 2006, 05:50 PM
While there are undisputedly many mills in this world.. the article isn't real..

The puppy 'farmer's name is Hugh Jincumb.. Sound it out. It's huge income...

Oh my gosh, how did I miss that?? :sorry:

Prin
June 12th, 2006, 06:15 PM
lol I think Mafiaprincess watches too many Simpsons episodes... (Remember Hugh Jass?)
But I'm sure somebody out there is thinking like this.:(

mafiaprincess
June 12th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I agree Prin. I'm sure the mentality is right..

It's just that it isn't actually an interview... On another board people were having kitten over it. It got people a little calmer to see it's likely fake.. but that doesn't make the fact that milling is real better.

Skryker
June 12th, 2006, 10:03 PM
"Hugh Jincumb" huh? How did I miss that? :o Nice catch, mafiaprincess!