Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

GARAGE SALE puppies!!Help!

meb999
June 4th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I'm having a little garage sale at my house. Everyone in La Prairie have their garage sales on the same weekend. I just drove down the street and there's a lady selling yorkie puppies!! I told her it wasn't a great idea, since she doesn't know who's buying them...but she says whoever is left is going to a pet store. What should I do? I almost want to buy them all and bring them to rescue org.....but I have no $$ !!
If any rescues want to try and talk some sense into her it's on de la Mennais street in La Prairie on the south shore of Mtl...
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: those poor little pooches.

3:30
Never mind. Garage sale is over. I don't know what will happen to those poor little guys. I guess we'll be seeing them at SPCA in a few months when the novelty has worn off....

Frenchy
June 4th, 2006, 03:26 PM
OMG,selling puppies at a garage,that's low.I can't believe some people.Really,poor dogs.How much was she asking for them?I don't think rescues would have the funds to buy them :sad: What a stupid woman,and there is no law against that bs.Unbelievable.:mad:

Lucky Rescue
June 4th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I don't think rescues would have the funds to buy them

Even if they did have the funds, no rescue is ever going to pay a byber for puppies. That would only encourage her to keep doing it.

Disgusting.:mad:

meb999
June 5th, 2006, 09:22 PM
I forgot to tell you the best part :

After walking by the puppies with my bf, I was ranting on and on, and he tells me : 'hun, you're overreacting. she was wearing a sweater that said 'breeder' on it. She's a breeder!!'

I'm not kidding. I guess all you need to be a reputable breeder is a sweater that says you are!

Prin
June 5th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Ok, so you need a new boyfriend... Either that or this one needs a little more training. lol :crazy:

Seriously though, if your man can think it, imagine what other people think. (unless he was being sarcastic, but still, other people might still think it.)

doggy lover
June 6th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I went to an auction once at this home where they were moving away and they were trying to give away their 5 year old dog:mad:, they said that if he didn't go he was to the pound the next day. Friends of mine bought a 2 year old GSD from a garage sale and she lived till she was 13. I guess we are a different breed of people here, ah ones that care.

Frenchy
June 6th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Breeder shirt!!!Did it have a target on it ;)