Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Urinating indoors

Julie_44
June 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
:mad: Hello to all,
Im new here and would like some feed back upon what I shall do next. First off, My name is Julie. Im 44 years old and married with 2 daughters and I have 3 male cats all Neutered names of: Gussie, Leo and Mickey. Well, Leo is 4 years old and we noticed him licking his private parts alot so I looked up on the net and it mentioned that if licking alot and going to the litter box alot as I watched him trying to urinate nothing was coming out that means they need Medical attention. So, I called the Vet and they told me to bring him in for a checkup. Well, they found out he had a Blockage. Gave me pills to give to him and also and Antibiotic. He took all the meds and he seems fine but the one problem im dealing with now is Urinating throughout my house on Clothing, blankets, beds, in corners .etc....
He is urinating BUT not in the Proper place and the Urine is strong.
How do I potty train him again to use the litter box again???

Help in PA
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad

rainbow
June 3rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Hi Julie and http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif to the board.

Do you have more than one litterbox with three cats? Perhaps, Leo needs to have his own. http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/3.gif

LibbyP
June 4th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Hi Julie 44, if you find some answers pls share as I have two cats one m/n and one f/s two litter boxes in different spots and one of them also urinates(not sure which one), taken to the vets and both are fine I do know that my girl gets really 'crusty' when we don't let her out in the backyard, and first place she does run to the garden, and no she doesn't leave the yard and no other cats come into the yard as she only wants to go out with the dogs, and as soon as the dogs come inside so does she. What I have been told is to confine them to a small room(bathroom) and make sure they are useing the litter box, only let them out when you are home to watch them.

Lucky Rescue
June 4th, 2006, 09:05 AM
He had a blockage? Is it gone for sure? Was it a stone? Did the vet catheterize him? I never heard of pills getting rid of a stone if he had that.

He's probably very sore and the discomfort is making him urinate all over. Cats do this because if they pee in one place and it hurts, they think the place itself is causing the pain so try and find a spot to go that doesn't hurt them.

He needs to be checked again to find out if there are crystals causing irritation and pain.