-->

Freebies for Shelters!

mummummum
June 2nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
Animal Gifts available for Animal Shelters in Fall/Winter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-166980528@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-06-01, 4:34PM EDT

This year I decided that my good deed would be donating some gifts to animal shelters in the GTA and Barrie area.

I've decided that I can whip up a gazillion cat nip toys in a very short time.

I also have a TON of fabric which was given to me by a dear friend --and there's a lot that I would never use that is washable and pretty durable and thought of making some blankets for the animals?? I think that I've seen that shelters need these before--it would REALLY help if someone knowledgeable could recommend a good size though :o)

Being a cat person--I was really struggling on what a doggie might like that I could make easily in volume but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas of EASILY crafted items that would make a homeless doggie feel a little more special--I'm all ears!

So, if you're a shelter that could definitely make use of these types of items--please email me with the following information:

The Shelter's Name and website if available
The contact name of the person who should receive these items
The mailing address with the correct postal code
The number and type of animals in the shelter at any given time
The one quality that makes the animal shelter special
The Charitable Organization Number of the Shelter--

If the shelter is an unregistered charity and a privately run "animal rescue"........As long as there's a website and verifiable information that the operation is indeed respectable and of good repute--that's fine too.

I just don't want to be sending free goodies to people with less than good intentions

I can't promise that every animal shelter will get a package this fall/winter--but I'll definitely try my very best.

FYI : Marko approved posting this notice... :)

jesse's mommy
June 2nd, 2006, 06:47 PM
What a wonderful idea. :thumbs up

mummummum
June 3rd, 2006, 11:11 AM
Isn't it wonderful ? Whomever she is (I'm assuming of course she is a "she") there is a special place in the dog park/ kitty scratching post of my heart for her and people like her - truly kind and generous spirits. I wish there were more like her on the planet.