-->

What brand dog food you feed ur dogs?

MS_PAWS
June 1st, 2006, 10:38 PM
I'm just wondering? I'm currently switching to Newman's Own chicken & rice

Jennifer

Puppyluv
June 1st, 2006, 10:51 PM
I feed Raw now, but when I fed kibble, it was Wellness Whitefish and Sweetpotato, and she did amazingly on it. Before that, she was on nutro lamb and rice :yuck: and she didn't do so well on it.

erykah1310
June 1st, 2006, 10:56 PM
I know that this is almost "SHUNED" on here , but i feed Pedigree with chicken and rice and my dogs are doing GREAT on it!
However I am thinking of switching to that Costco brand:confused:

technodoll
June 1st, 2006, 11:04 PM
i have one dog on raw, and the other on a rotation of Go! Natural, Evo, and Fromm's mixed with a bunch of fresh foods.

Lissa
June 1st, 2006, 11:04 PM
Dodger is on raw now as well... When he was on kibble he was fed everything from Pedigree, Royal Canin, Eukanuba, Solid Gold, Go! Natural and Wellness. He was on Go! Natural for the longest amount of time!

I know that this is almost "SHUNED" on here , but i feed Pedigree with chicken and rice and my dogs are doing GREAT on it!
However I am thinking of switching to that Costco brand:confused:

:crazy: Don't worry, because I found Dodger so unexpectedly he was on Pedigree puppy for a while! Also, I found that the Costco brand was really stinky and created lots of poops (and gas)... This is also the only food that Dodger left in his bowl the first time it was offered (VERY unusual for him as he eats everything):eek: ...Some people say "if its not broke, don't fix it" - there are definately some dogs that do well on such brands for their entire life - it can't be explained but it happens:D!

rainbow
June 1st, 2006, 11:13 PM
I'm feeding my dogs Timberwolf Organics: www.timberwolforganics.com

Prin
June 1st, 2006, 11:48 PM
Boo is intolerant to chicken and Jemma is allergic to wheat and probably corn, so they get Solid Gold Wolf King. Wolf King (http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/showproduct.php?id=62&code=170)
Ingredients:
Bison | Salmon Meal | Brown Rice | Millet | Cracked Pearled Barley | Oatmeal | Rice Bran | Canola Oil | Flaxseed Oil | Garlic | Amaranth | Blueberries | Yucca Schidigera Extract | Carotene | Choline Chloride | Vitamin E Supplement | Iron Proteinate | Zinc Proteinate | Copper Proteinate | Manganese Proteinate | Potassium Iodide | Thiamine Mononitrate | Ascorbic Acid | Vitamin A Supplement | Biotin | Calcium Panthothenate | Selenomethionine | Pyridoxine Hydrochloride | Vitamin B12 Supplement | Riboflavin | Vitamin D Supplement | Folic Acid

mafiaprincess
June 1st, 2006, 11:57 PM
Wolf king with a small amount of barking at the moon thrown in.

jesse's mommy
June 2nd, 2006, 05:53 AM
Wellness for Jesse.

SarahLynn123
June 2nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
All three of my dogs are on Innova Evo. We are considering switching to raw in the near future but they are all doing great.

smallangel1
June 2nd, 2006, 10:02 AM
I feed Eukanuba. I also give him a Bone Marrow everyday coz I heard poodles tends to have bone problems when they grow up:pawprint:

mom_to_many
June 2nd, 2006, 10:04 AM
Ummm....well I have fed all mine Ol'Roy High Performance mixed with Ol'Roy canned food since forever. All do real well on it. Living here in nowhere's ville I know this brand will always be available..unlike my cats food (Whiskas) which can come and go off the shelves! I have had my kid bring cat food from Kansas because this WalMart here cannot make up their minds!!

Melei'sMom
June 2nd, 2006, 10:23 AM
Melei is a raw pup, but before we went to the raw side, she was on Iams :yuck: then wellness :thumbs up

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
June 2nd, 2006, 10:25 AM
Holistic Blend. I wouldn't use anything else.
http://www.holisticblend.com

They use top quality organic ingrediants with no crud like BHA, corn, beet pulp, etc.

jawert1
June 2nd, 2006, 10:48 AM
Simon and Peaches get Solid Gold Wolf King but were on Regal Turkey Lamb and Rice prior

LibbyP
June 2nd, 2006, 11:33 AM
We did a switch from Canidae to Kirkland Lake (Costco) I know alot of people will think thats wrong to feed them but when I was going through a 40 lb bag at $$ every other week it got to be a bit much:( they are doing just fine on the new food, like it, small and tiny poops, and with the cost being kept down makes the hubby VERY happy

BusterBoo
June 2nd, 2006, 12:25 PM
Harley was on ProNature Chicken and did well, but when he got sick in January, and lost a lot of weight and fur, we started him on Eukanuba Fish and Potatoe. He loves it and is doing great on it.

No reason to change.

SnowDancer
June 2nd, 2006, 12:34 PM
My Eskimo eats Fromms Salmon A La Veg - does very well on it. Eskies do well on fish based foods.

Frenchy
June 2nd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Bailey,Daisy and Sam are on Nutro lamb and rice.I am thinking of switching to the Costco's brand.They get carrots and bananas everyday and other fruits and veggies.

jessi76
June 2nd, 2006, 03:30 PM
Solid Gold Hund-N-flocken with a few scoops of Merrick canned mixed in.

Jackie467
June 2nd, 2006, 03:34 PM
Wellness Whitefish and Sweetpotato. It's great for Candi's allergies. No more scratchy skin and hacking.

greaterdane
June 2nd, 2006, 03:40 PM
My dane pup is on Solid Gold Wolf King, my young adult dane and all my other puppers are on Canidae all life stages. You have to be very careful with danes and protein content in foods, and both these brands are perfect for them.

wdawson
June 2nd, 2006, 08:59 PM
solid gold wolf kingand merricks canned

Dogastrophe
June 2nd, 2006, 09:11 PM
My three are all on Canidae. When I just had Monty and Lucy, they were on Innova for a while.

BoxerRescueMTL
June 2nd, 2006, 11:25 PM
All my dogs have been raw fed. :love:

meb999
June 3rd, 2006, 12:31 AM
Buster eats either Wellness or Nutram Lamb and rice. He also gets a can of tuna, salmon, turkey or chicken everyday.

angeldogs
June 3rd, 2006, 02:38 AM
We are using nutro natural.With Jag when we got him 2 weeks ago you could see his ribs and spine and was being feed pedagree.Now he is filling out real good and likes the taste.Sheba is on their senior food and doing good.

Sneaky
June 3rd, 2006, 04:57 AM
All my animals get First Mate foods.
I feed the naturally holistic blend.
http://www.firstmate.com/

Ingredients:

Whole chicken, chicken meal, whole ground brown rice, pearled barley, organic spelt, whole steamed potatoes, herring meal, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), sardine oil, whole raw apples, whole steamed carrots, zeolite(TF183), alfalfa sprouts, dried kelp, Whole cranberries, whole blueberries, cottage cheese, organic flax, avocado oil, garlic, Yucca plant extract, rosemary, bee pollen, Spirulina algae.

Protein (minimum)...................25.0%
Fat (minimum).......................15.0%
Moisture (maximum)................10.0%
Fibre (maximum).................... 4.0%
Ash (maximum)..................... 10.0%
Calcium (actual)..................... 1.0% Phosphorus (actual)................. 0.6% Calcium/Phosphorus ratio.........1.6:1.0 Digestible Energy.........3600 KCAL/kg

OntarioGreys
June 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM
3 dogs here all on Innova EVO

PetFriendly
June 3rd, 2006, 10:18 PM
The dog and cats here eat Performatrin Ultra Salmon, its holistic foods from Pet Value.

chocolatecoffee
June 3rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
My three girls are all on Merrick (www.merrickpetcare.com) (canned and dry).

phoenix
June 4th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Canidae kibble plus biobest yogurt, evo canned food mixed in, usually try to do a raw meal every couple of days (chicken backs, legs, fish, etc).

papillonmama
June 4th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Wysong, lamb and rice formula, and merrick's for the canned.

RaYne
June 4th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I switched my Saint to Eagle Pack Holistic Select fish and oatmeal not too long ago due to a sensitive tummy.. so far so good. I'm not a huge fan of Eagle pack to be honest.. but the holistic select formulas are much better than their original formulas.

Prin
June 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I switched my Saint to Eagle Pack Holistic Select fish and oatmeal not too long ago due to a sensitive tummy.. so far so good. I'm not a huge fan of Eagle pack to be honest.. but the holistic select formulas are much better than their original formulas.
It's not bad except for the beet pulp, brewer's yeast and egg product- still better than their other ones. The beet pulp might actually help Bubba firm up...:o

Puppyluv
June 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I was in Walmart :yuck: today buying a rubbermaid box to store Layla's freezer food in, and I decided to stroll down the pet aisles. There was a woman there buying dog food :yuck: and she was saying out loud to herself "i just can't decide which is better, kibbles and bitz or puppy chow!" So I politely (I hope) said to her, "as a dog owner, I would reccomend you not buy your dog food at walmart, or any other grocery/department/all purpose store for that matter. These foods are 90% filler, and inedible material. Higher quality dog foods avalable at high-end pet stores may be more expensive per bag, but will be cheaper in the long run." Her response? "Mind your own f-ing business!"

I'm so glad I try to help, it really makes me feel good about myself :thumbs up

(Apparantly, I have a face that says "please make all complaints to me!" at work, because if there is a complaint, or a rude word to be had, they tell it to me, and ask that I relay it to the appropriate person...:thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up

Prin
June 4th, 2006, 07:25 PM
She might have been a ***** to your face, but I betcha later on she'll think about it and switch to science diet or Iams.:D hee hee

**disclaimer to lurkers: this poster (i.e. Prin) does in no way suggest or recommend that any dog be switched to iams or science diet. It was just a joke.

K9Friend
June 4th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I feed my GSD - Nutram Lamb & Rice. She's doing great on it! :thumbs up

mummummum
June 4th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I'm getting to the point where I'm going to throw my hands up in the air and say "Here's Mummy's wallet YOU ungrateful boogerheads can do your own shopping". We've tried every A-list brand of kibble there is (I think) since January with no "hits". Right now we're finishing off a bag of Merrick's (hmmm or is this one Fromm's ?) but to get the @#%&*$ (translation for the pure of heart: sweet-faced little angels o' mine) to eat this $75!!! bag of stuff I have to mix in canned salmon. Grrrrr.... So - my last hope is that Global will start carrying Timberwolf again so that we can try the seafood variety. I see that Performatrin Ultra also has a seafood based food. We may try that one. Failing that, we're going back to raw/cooked and try fish and organ meats only.

rainbow
June 5th, 2006, 12:34 AM
She might have been a ***** to your face, but I betcha later on she'll think about it and switch to science diet or Iams.:D hee hee

**disclaimer to lurkers: this poster (i.e. Prin) does in no way suggest or recommend that any dog be switched to iams or science diet. It was just a joke.

Prin, you're being very naughty. :evil:

Bonnie S
June 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Sushi currently eats Go! Natural Salmon & Oatmeal, he loves it and he looks great! He also gets a bit of canned Merrick (Trout at the moment) as a treat.

Bonnie & Sushi

phoenix
June 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM
sushi, you cannibal.

j/k

Prin
June 8th, 2006, 10:32 PM
lol I was trying to figure one out, but I couldn't find the words.:D

Sneaky
June 10th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Whats wrong with Science Diet dog food?
:confused:
Aside from being very expensive, it is
a reasonably decent food, quite high quality.
Not as good as First Mate....but I fed it to my pets for
some time, and they did excellent on it.
Its like one of only 2 types of foods the Vet Clinics here
sell.

Prin
June 10th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Loaded with corn, stool hardeners... Nothing good.. Look at the ingredients and compare it to a food from a company like Wellness, Timberwolf organics, Merrick or Solid Gold.;)

rainbow
June 10th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Loaded with corn, stool hardeners... Nothing good.. Look at the ingredients and compare it to a food from a company like Wellness, Timberwolf organics, Merrick or Solid Gold.;)

I agree. Check out the dog food forum here.....there's lots of good information there. :pawprint:

JessXx
June 10th, 2006, 06:32 PM
We use natures recipe... its a vegitarian diet.. no beef, chicken or any meat and its great with Shyla's allergies because shes allergic to all the chemicals in most dog foods... I love it, she sheds way less now and has a thick coat. :)

RaYne
June 11th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Does anyone have the ingredient list for Performatrin's salmon based food? I'm just curious if they removed the synthetic vitamin K. I looked online but I can't find it. It's not listed on their website for some reason.

Prin, I think your right about the Eagle Pack.. It is working wonders for Bubba. He's not scratching anymore either which is a huge bonus. But this food is $77 for a 30lb bag. Which lasts all of 3 weeks. :eek: I can deal with the cost.. but I have to order it since the store won't just stock it for me. I cut it close with the last bag because I forgot to order a new one. I'm so absent minded. :( I'd rather just be able to go pick up a bag when I need it and not have to worry about ordering and if it will be in on time. UGH!

pitgrrl
June 11th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I feed Essex Cottage Farms food. It's funny, I've only ever met one other person who feeds this, even though it's made locally.

mafiaprincess
June 11th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Whats wrong with Science Diet dog food?
:confused:
Its like one of only 2 types of foods the Vet Clinics here
sell.

If you've read other dog food threads, it's also been discussed that vets get minimal nutitional information, and usually get kickbacks from what they sell.
It's not a very good food. It's pretty mediocre.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 11th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Joey gets solid gold just a wee bit- after the steak episode i know he would do well on raw too. :D

Prin
June 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Does anyone have the ingredient list for Performatrin's salmon based food? I'm just curious if they removed the synthetic vitamin K. I looked online but I can't find it. It's not listed on their website for some reason.

Prin, I think your right about the Eagle Pack.. It is working wonders for Bubba. He's not scratching anymore either which is a huge bonus. But this food is $77 for a 30lb bag. Which lasts all of 3 weeks. :eek: I can deal with the cost.. but I have to order it since the store won't just stock it for me. I cut it close with the last bag because I forgot to order a new one. I'm so absent minded. :( I'd rather just be able to go pick up a bag when I need it and not have to worry about ordering and if it will be in on time. UGH!
Last time I checked, all the Performatrin formulas they had on their website had it, so I doubt they would take it out of one and not the rest...

I'm glad something is finally working for Bubba.. It's hard to arrange orders though.. If you buy too many at a time, you're always sure you have an extra after this bag... If you order too few, you have to think about it all the time...:rolleyes:

SunGurl372
June 11th, 2006, 10:23 PM
I started Harley on Iams (really, really bad), moved to Nutro (really bad), joined this forum and realized I was still feeding crap. I soon switched over to Solid Gold Wolf Cub / Wolf King with great results. Unfortunately, it became impossible to find in town.

Harley is now thriving on Timberwolf Organics.

Scott_B
June 12th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I've been feeding Canidae to my lil (getting larger) guy.

Sneaky
June 26th, 2006, 08:54 PM
If you've read other dog food threads, it's also been discussed that vets get minimal nutitional information, and usually get kickbacks from what they sell.
It's not a very good food. It's pretty mediocre.

Hi there,
I wonder then, why do I always see the same people on here
who are saying Science Diet is bad, recommend Hills I/D
and other foods? Hills IS Science Diet, just with a different name.

technodoll
June 26th, 2006, 09:16 PM
why do I always see the same people on here
and other foods?

hmmm could you be more specific? as in, who would do that? i would never utter such nonsense. please! :confused:

Prin
June 26th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Hi there,
I wonder then, why do I always see the same people on here
and other foods? Hills IS Science Diet, just with a different name.
I agree with technodoll... I've never heard anybody endorse hill's. The only reason a dog or cat should ever be on hill's is if they have a specific medical condition that they can't treat otherwise. Hill's and Science Diet are the same crap and none of the regulars here recommend either.

mafiaprincess
June 26th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Don't think anyone I know on here who has a good grasp on food has ever mentioned it as good.

Some people on another forum were trying to figure out what it was that was in the hill's fomula to prevent crystals that did prevent crystals so they could try a non hill's food.

Prin
June 27th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Found it... http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28142
Of all the posts on this site, in the food forum, you choose that one to listen to? :D The majority of us regulars here in the food forum don't agree with that post.:thumbs up

Luvmypit
June 29th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Capone was originally on Nutrience and honestly seemed fine, great very shiny coat, no gas, normal bowel movements.

I did switch after coming to this site to Wellness Chicken. The day i brought in the new food he was all over the bag nudging it with his nose so i know the smell and taste is better. His coat is the same and shiny as usual, he does have a little tiny bit more gas but i chalk that up to more actual substance in his food. He likes his food better as I used to add a little tiny bit of water to his old food just to interest him in it. Being the breed he is though he doesnt over indulge unless its human food then he has no control.

Prin
June 29th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Eating faster might make him swallow more air, and maybe have more gas...:o

CiaoBella
July 6th, 2006, 10:27 PM
This is my fisrt post and I am honored to be in such good company! You guys really know your stuff....:)
It is unfortunate that the general public is taken in by slick marketing ( Iams , Eukanuba , etc ) and pretty dog food packages. I agree with most everyone's recommendations. Personally I feed my 4 month old toy poodle, Sensible choice by Royal Canine. She had a bit of a sensitive stomache coming from the breeder and was very picky as to "taste." Royal Canine produces solid stools as well as pleases her discerning palate. Solid Gold is an excellent holistic food , and I may switch over to that when she is an adult.

RVT092481
July 7th, 2006, 09:58 AM
My dog is on Hill's t/d and I'm not afraid to say it! ;)
One cat eats c/d, the other cat is on m/d and my other cat is on Medical Hypoallergenic.
Let the attacks begin!! :D :evil:

lewisw
July 7th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Dani is doing great on Medi-cal Gastro mix but I am hoping I can get her back onto welness after a while once she is back to normal .

Lewis

Scott_B
July 7th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I had my cats on Hills TD. They've always been on hills or medical. Anyhoo, my one cat is 4 years old. His eyes have always watered. I was told when he was younger that it had to do with his tear ducts. So for 4 years his eyes have watered daily. About two months ago i switched to Felidae. Would you believe his eyes no longer water? That alone was enough to show me how much better a good food is.

Prin
July 7th, 2006, 03:27 PM
My dog is on Hill's t/d and I'm not afraid to say it! ;)
One cat eats c/d, the other cat is on m/d and my other cat is on Medical Hypoallergenic.
Let the attacks begin!! :D :evil:
As long as you know what you are feeding (I mean, REALLY know) then we won't say anything. Plus you probably get an employee discount, right?

RVT092481
July 7th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Plus you probably get an employee discount, right?
I don't base what I feed my animals based on how much the food costs. I don't even take my animals to the clinic that I work at. They go to my friends clinic (and I don't get employee discounts there).

jesse's mommy
July 7th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Ummm, I think she was joking.

RVT092481
July 7th, 2006, 06:32 PM
I didn't mean for my post to be nasty or anything (that's a downfall of computers). I was just stating that yeah I do get employee discounts on things but that's not why I buy my food at work. In fact, my girl that's now on hypoallergenic food has been on may different foods (veterinary only foods and pet store foods) for weight loss mainly but also because we were trying to find a food that she could eat without vomiting up a storm.
But if anyone has any ideas of a weight loss food that is also considered hypoallergenic I'd be all ears.
Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

mommy2coco
July 10th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Boo is intolerant to chicken and Jemma is allergic to wheat and probably corn, so they get Solid Gold Wolf King.

Did the vet identify the allergies ? And how if so .... my real child has lots of allergies so I am interested in dog allergies my doggie scratches alot

mafiaprincess
July 10th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Allergy testing, like a human would. Could be environmental or food based allergies. More common is an intolerance to something though. Allergies can cause full blown anaphylactic shock in their worst form like in people. Which is how food with crummier ingredients can make claims about their food not being a problem with allergies in dogs. Cause in-tolerances to stuff are becoming more and more common the more people screw with how foods are grown and processed. So the change in one word makes a consumer think oh great, if they aren't beyond informed sadly.

mommy2coco
July 10th, 2006, 10:57 PM
thanks mafiaprincess ... i'll talk to the vet for coco's next visit

Prin
July 10th, 2006, 11:18 PM
I didn't get any tests yet... But by trial and error, I figured out the wheat (and ragweed) for Jemma and the chicken for Boo for sure. The rest are a little more blurry. You can definitely ask your vet. They can be expensive, depending on how comprehensive the tests are.

RVT092481, I was joking, but if you had gotten a discount, it still would have been a bonus.:)

meb999
July 12th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I just switched Buster to Solid Gold and he's doing GREAT on it!! He has a very sensitive tummy, and all the hollistic foods I've tried have given him the runs (almost every Wellness flavor, almost every Eagle Pack flavor), but after just 4 days of Solid Gold he's doing SO WELL!!! He's farting like crazy...but then again, he's a boxer, so you gotta expect some stink bombs!

I'm feeding him Just a Wee Bit (Bison) for now (because I wanted to try Wolf King, but they only had a very large bag....)
The meat sources are the same in Just a Wee Bit and Wolf King, so I bought the small little bag (just a wee bit has a little more protein in it...).
But I'll be buying Wolf King soon!! Woohoo! I'm so glad I found a hollistic food that Buster can digest!

Prin
July 12th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Yey! If the stools are soft, you can reduce the amount you're feeding gradually until they harden up (tends to be a common problem on holistic foods, so I thought I'd mention it). The wee bit is just more dense, but otherwise is pretty well the same as the wolf king.:)

meb999
July 13th, 2006, 02:03 PM
well, I jinxed myself!!
Buster's got the runs. again. I hope they go away :fingerscr :fingerscr , I was really hoping I'd found a hollistic formula that he can digest :o

Thanks for the advice, Prin, I'll wait a week (to see if the poops get a little harder), then reduce the amount I'm feeding him. How much do Boo and Jemma get?

lewisw
July 13th, 2006, 02:19 PM
My Dani also has problems with loosy goosy poos.

She was originaly on Nutro ,,, ng
then we swtiched to welnness ng
Now she is on Medi-Cal Gastro sensitive blend and finishing her antibiotics today and still goes one day mooshy and then one day very loosly .

I don't think Dani has had one hard stool since the day I got her.

Dani is going back to the vet on the 21st for her booster shot and by then vetinsurance kicks in (unless the pre-existing condition clause works against me) and we will run more tests then if her poo is not more solid.

Best
Lewis

need all your fingers :fingerscr for us.

Scott_B
July 13th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Dani is going back to the vet on the 21st for her booster shot and by then vetinsurance kicks in (unless the pre-existing condition clause works against me) and we will run more tests then if her poo is not more solid.

Best
Lewis

need all your fingers :fingerscr for us.

It will. It bit me in the ass. I put in a claim for my pup for some meds and they asked when the problem started. ie when he started to itch. He was given somthing before my 30 day wait period was over so its considered pre exsisting :rolleyes:

technodoll
July 13th, 2006, 02:44 PM
lewis, have you considered that maybe dani has IBS? irritable bowel syndrome? http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/colitis.html or is it just food allergies, reactions to vaccines or meds... ? :confused:

lewisw
July 13th, 2006, 02:44 PM
hmmmmm that sucks big time if that happens but you are probably right since Dani has been on meds off and on since I got her for diahrea so I will not be covered .

lewisw
July 13th, 2006, 02:49 PM
lewis, have you considered that maybe dani has IBS? irritable bowel syndrome? http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/colitis.html or is it just food allergies, reactions to vaccines or meds... ? :confused:
Td,
I'm starting to think and wory about that and on top of it all Dani is due for her Centinal on Saturday so if she goes back to toal water diahreah I won't know if its becasue she finished her antibiotics and is a food allergy or from the medi-cal (but that would be the third food she is on ) ...

Me I am very :confused:

mastifflover
July 13th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I would hold off on the sentinel you need to get to the bottom of Danis problem and that may just aggravate it.

lewisw
July 13th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I agree that is a good idea I think I will NOT giver her the centinal till I see the vet on the 21st at least by then I will see if she still has loose poo or diahrea while JUST on medi-cal with no antibiotics in her.

Prin
July 13th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Did you get the probiotics yet? Seriously, they might help a lot. Empty one capsule on her food and see what happens.

lewisw
July 13th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Did you get the probiotics yet? Seriously, they might help a lot. Empty one capsule on her food and see what happens.
Prin,
I have been giving her 1 capsule at night with her antibiotic just by putting it in the back of her throat shes great that way.
Her poo is much better this week but I want to see what happens after the antibiotics are finished.