Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Grooming

Marilyn Labuda
January 4th, 2004, 11:54 PM
I have a nine year old calico cat who is over weight. She is not grooming herself well and frequently leaves spots where she sits after she has used the litter box. I frequently clean her, but many times I am not home when this happens. Is there anything else I can do to help her. I have had her on diets and she doesn't seem to lose any weight and I have another cat that will back away from her food if "miss piggy" nick name comes around. The cat's name is actually "Smores". Thanks, I would appreciate any comments.

Sincerely,
Marilyn

LavenderRott
January 5th, 2004, 12:04 AM
What kind of cat food are you feeding her?

Lucky Rescue
January 5th, 2004, 01:30 AM
It's physically impossible for overweight cats to groom themselves properly - they can't reach.

You will either have to get her to lose weight, or will have to clean her yourself.

How much are you feeding her per day?

Marilyn Labuda
January 5th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I am feeding her one small can of fancy feast cat food, and just a 1/4 of a cup of dry food in the evening. She is a very particular about what she will eat. She will not eat chicken or turkey cat foods. I had her at the vet last year because she quit eating, she was at the vet for four days on IV's and I had to hand feed her to get her to start eating again. Thanks for your help.
Marilyn