Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Avg vet pricing on cryptochord neuters?

Esaunders
May 31st, 2006, 06:25 PM
Has anyone had their dog go through a cryptochord neuter from the GTA region? I'm trying to figure out how much it's going to cost with my little guy.

Yes I'm going to check with vets as well, but I'd like to not have sticker-shock.

BMDLuver
May 31st, 2006, 08:15 PM
I would guess you are looking at about $400 for TO prices.

Esaunders
May 31st, 2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the guesstimate. I know there's a few clinics in the area that are wicked over-chargers so I want to make sure I know if the quotes are excessive or not.

rainbow
May 31st, 2006, 11:55 PM
My husky had one testicle that didn't descend and it cost me about $325 here in B.C.

My vet told me that if it's not visible when they remove the one that's there then they have to make another incision to go looking for the lost one and it would cost more. Luckily, his was visible. So, when you phone the vets, ask them about that.

rainbow
June 1st, 2006, 11:53 AM
I just thinking about the estimate I gave you and decided to look up my old bill. Glad I did as I was wrong because that total included his tattoo, an IV drip during anesthetic, post-op additional pain medication and GST.

The actual cost was (before GST):

Castration Canine 23-44 lbs. 128.80
Castration Crypt Canine Abdominal 83.50

This was done June 23/05. I know this is B.C. pricing but hope this helps anyway.

Esaunders
June 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM
Just got a quote from the Mississauga Spay & Neuter Clinic. Very reasonable rate, nice to deal with and already highly recommended by a friend who's taken all his animals there and been pleased at the level of care & cost.

Hooray, I can stop hyper-ventilating over the cost. Now I can plan my move and schedule the neuter once that is over.

Anyone in the GTA who's looking to spay/neuter for a reasonable price, check it out. They even quote taxes in.