Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rodent Ulcers in cats mouth??

mom_to_many
May 31st, 2006, 11:44 AM
I just took my female cat to the vet because she has stopped eating solid foods and I thought maybe she had a bad tooth. The vet diagnosed rodent ulcers. CeeCees are not very noticeable at all, but must be bad enough for her to not want solid foods...including the meat from canned food. Has anyone ever had this with their cats? She was given an oral cleansing gel to be used 2x a day. And until she starts eating solids again....I have been told to make a concotion of dry food, canned, and fatty meats in a blender. All she has had this long weekend is the gravies from canned food. She has got to be hungry!:sad:

rainbow
May 31st, 2006, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear about CeeCee. Hope it doesn't take long for the rodent ulcers to go away. I have never heard of them. What exactly are they and what do they look like? Are they on the gums or the tongue?

mom_to_many
May 31st, 2006, 02:52 PM
Well after doing some on line research, the real name is Eosinophilic granulomas. It may have come from fleas..although I have yet to see one :confused: . CeeCees ulcer is on the inside upper lip above the fang. I just hope the gel works soon and she starts eating solids again. I went ahead and treated her and everyone else with flea meds. The vet also brought up toilet water treated with tablets...not in my house!...also electric cords...etc...Maybe it's a bug bite or reaction to bugs...those June bugs are out...ugh! I'll just have to watch her..and pamper her with whatever she will eat!