Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

just a question for a friend

LibbyP
May 30th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hi all my neighbour came over the other day with her little (not really 28lbs);) pug. His nose is very dry and cracked, can she put something on it? Petrolatum jelly,corn oil, what about mineral oil any other oil? It doesn't seem to bother him at all, or should it just be left alone?

Lissa
May 30th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I would probably put Calendula cream on it but with a pug, I would worry about making it hard for him to breathe in the summer. So I would just put some on at night when everyone is getting into bed.

rainbow
May 30th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I would take him to the vet for a diagnosis. :pawprint:

Bushfire2000
May 30th, 2006, 06:37 PM
With a Pug and their squished noses I'd consult a vet. Pugs are prone to breathing problems anyway so better to be sure. Probably just a phone call to their Vet will get them an answer.

OntarioGreys
May 31st, 2006, 10:21 AM
Have hime looked at by a vet, it could even possibly be a sign of an auto immune disease like this http://www.rr-oona.com/DLE/AI-DLE-eng.html

LibbyP
May 31st, 2006, 10:44 AM
Hi and thanks everyone, (I) don't think it's as bad as everyone thinks, his breathing is still the same and it doesn't bother him at all it's not red or oozeing. It's just at the top it looks like it was wet and then he sniffed some dirt, dry. I'll pass all the info onto my friend and she can go from there, thanks again, aren't there any pug owners out there that have this problem?