Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Does my cat have asthma

snipez
May 30th, 2006, 02:38 AM
our place is infested with mold

our kitty is wheezing when she sleeps, that has never occured before, except for the last few months

it sounds like she can hardly breathe sometimes, this is not normal, right?


:(

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9025/pictureh0464ru.jpg

jesse's mommy
May 30th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Homes with mold are dangerous for anyone to live in. I would get out of that house not only for the health of your pet, but the entire family. Everyone can get extremely ill from it.

Prin
May 30th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I agree. Molds can be responsible for so many disorders and diseases even in adults. You need to get out of there.

rainbow
May 30th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Definitely move out as soon as possible. In the meantime, if the mold is just in one area, move everything out and seal that area off. Mold can cause serious health issues.

Bushfire2000
May 30th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Mold is very dangerous. If it's very bad do move out. If you must clean it use a mask that is made for mold. I've had good luck with a bleach and water solution to kill the mold/mildew. It could very well be the reason your cat is sick, how are you and the rest of your family feeling?

I went back and looked at your picture yuck! You are really in some trouble there. Move or get profesional help to clean it. Good luck!!

snipez
May 30th, 2006, 07:29 PM
yea we are moving in 4 days

heres another pic

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9875/picturekl0155ih.jpg


I sent samples today for testing.

I'm planning on sueing for back rent or as much as I can get
and blech dosen't kill mold, its a myth

Bleach is Ineffective to Kill Mold on Porous Surfaces
[Most Building Materials such as wood, plywood, paneling, ceiling dry, drywall, paper backing of insulation, etc. are good meals for mold to eat.]

Prin
May 30th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Even the anti-mold lysol isn't perfect... It kills some mold but leaves the strong resistant molds behind...

Bushfire2000
May 30th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Good luck with the move and hopefully your cat will feel better.

jesse's mommy
May 31st, 2006, 04:47 AM
Also, if this is a rental unit you may want to report the landlord to some kind of government office -- like a department of housing or even a disease division. If there is mold in your residence it's definitely in the others and if it's not coming through the walls yet, it will. It spreads. You definitely should report it and also go to the doctors and get checked for mold spores in your lungs. It might not hurt to take the cat to the vet and get it checked as well. As for any medical bills you may incur because of this, you should sue the landlord for reimbursement. If there is mold in a home, it's unlivable and it's the landlords/owners responsibility to get rid of it.

snipez
May 31st, 2006, 08:58 AM
Also, if this is a rental unit you may want to report the landlord to some kind of government office

been there done that

he honestley has shown he dosen't really care

so I'm taking this into my own hands

jerks

rainbow
May 31st, 2006, 02:47 PM
Glad to hear that you are moving.

Have you reported your landlord to the Department of Health in your area? Mold is a serious health risk and he should not be allowed to rent that place out to anyone else until he gets rid of the mold.

Hope you're successful with your lawsuit. :fingerscr

snipez
May 31st, 2006, 06:11 PM
Have you reported your landlord to the Department of Health in your area?

yup, they don't really seem too concerned

rainbow
May 31st, 2006, 06:20 PM
Wow, that's hard to believe.:eek: Do you live in Canada? Big city? Small town?

snipez
June 1st, 2006, 10:50 AM
Whitehorse, YT


This town is a joke

rainbow
June 1st, 2006, 01:09 PM
Do you have a TV station there that would like to come to your place and do a story? I've seen it done a few times here in B.C.

Also supply your local newspaper with pictures and maybe they could do a story as well.

Media coverage can do wonders sometimes. :D