Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

stinky stinky....

abudamunky
May 29th, 2006, 10:20 PM
one of my kitties has a bad diareah(sp) problem. i don't wanna get nasty here but it's bad. could it be that i recently changed back to the food we used to feed them? my roomie got them some other food last week that they didn't seem to like much but i am still finding bits in the bottom of their dishes(i free feed). could the change in food be upsetting whoever's tummy? I try not to stick to the same food too much b/c picky eaters get tired of the same food. did maybe they get into something that is making their tummy upset? everyone seems to be eating and drinking fine, i'm just curious if anyone has suggestions on food for my diverse pack of kitties (6yr old, 2 1yr olds and 2 10wk olds)

Puppyluv
May 29th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Do you know which cat it is? What food are you feeding them? How many days has this been going on for? If diarrhea persists, a vet trip is deffinately in order. Due to their size, cats are sensitive to fluid loss as a result of diarrhea.

White Wolf
May 29th, 2006, 10:27 PM
PLEASE do not reopen closed subjects. As posted in the last thread, please ONLY post again with an update after seeing the vet. Any new threads on this same subject will be promptly closed.