Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cockapoo with neurological problems?

camyam73
May 29th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I have a one and a half year old cockapoo female, both spayed and shots done. A couple of days ago she started acting a little ill... we never really thought anything of it. Yesterday she was trying to eat every dandylion she could find, and was definitely quite ill. Today she is having troubling lining up to eat her food, couldn't jump up on the couch, and doesn't have the balance to sit pretty. She also vomited a couple of times, but otherwise her bowels are working just fine. She's also a little twitchy, and one eye is VERY twitchy and squinty.

Took her to the vet tonight, and she was baffled... Temp was normal, and while she had a bit of a sore back in one spot, she didn't seem to have an elevated WBC, although the machine didn't like my pups blood and the vet had to do it by hand, and so wonders if the count was slightly off...

Vet did see, after I was there long enugh for pup to relax, the dog's twitches and shakes. So, in the end she suggested it could also be an infection of the dog's cerebellum, or a defect of the creebellum that only became evident as an adult....

It was a pretty quick transition from a healthy dog mid week, to this today though... Also, early last week I remember petting the dog around her ears, and the dog whining or yelping a few times...

Anyways, I guess I am just looking for someones opinion... Since my vet really didn't have any clue whatsoever... But the dog is on antibiotics, and I can only HOPE that she gets better soon.... I love her too much to have to put her down.

camyam73

EDIT - Last night the dog was very very sick. Had some dinner, and then vomited many times over the period of a couple of hours... She was such a trouper though, insisted on going outside to do it... Anyways, I don't know if that affects her diagnosis or not...