Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please look!! GORGEOUS kittens/near MTL

Lucky Rescue
May 29th, 2006, 03:26 PM
These adorable kittens are outside at the moment. They are brother and sister and about 9 weeks old.

If anyone can foster/adopt them, please pm me!

Prin
May 29th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Super cuties!!! :love:

glasslass
May 29th, 2006, 11:03 PM
So cute! Different fathers?

dtbmnec
May 29th, 2006, 11:10 PM
The little orange one is sooo cute!

Unfortunately Montreal is like 14 hours away and its just a little far to take a kitty...

Hope you find homes for them!

Megan

Lucky Rescue
May 29th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Montreal is like 14 hours away

Actually it's about 6 - 7 hours away. Oddly enough, I adopted my dog in Hamilton.:)

dtbmnec
May 29th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Oh fiddles *sigh* either way taking both Prince AND Leo home from my boyfriend's old place resulted in some very terrified kittens....I believe we found Prince under one of the seats because he'd escaped the box they put him in....didn't have a closed one though :(

I'm sure Arron and his parents sound horribly irresponsible (and in some ways they are I don't dispute that) but they really aren't. They simply have a very "cats are for killing rodents and things" kinda outlook on life and that its up to the owner of the new kitten to get a carry case and all that. Unfortunately they are also impatient....

Bah....

Megan

Cinnabear
May 31st, 2006, 02:16 AM
Oooh I would love to adopt the siamese, but for me it is to far away.
Gorgeous kitties.

Lucky Rescue
June 1st, 2006, 06:39 PM
I"m getting these two little stinkpots tomorrow. Thank you Inverness for saving these guys from who-knows-what fate outdoors!

Inverness
June 1st, 2006, 07:47 PM
Lucky, you won't even believe how totally GORGEOUS these two are ! Wait till you see them ! :love:

Lucky Rescue
June 1st, 2006, 08:45 PM
So....are they a "little wild" or TOTALLY wild? sigh...

badger
June 1st, 2006, 09:29 PM
Hmmm, if the Siamese (or close facsimile) is the female, looks like you might have found your girl, Lucky. Destiny!

Lucky Rescue
June 1st, 2006, 09:35 PM
To be perfectly honest, after having one whole month of peace with only my own two cats and dog here, I'm rethinking the idea of adding a third.:(

Inverness
June 1st, 2006, 10:46 PM
So....are they a "little wild" or TOTALLY wild? sigh...

Just a wee bit... nothing you won't be able to solve... ;)

(although I should be wishing the little Siamese remains too feral to be adopted, so then you'd HAVE to keep her... :crazy: )

Inverness
June 1st, 2006, 10:48 PM
Hmmm, if the Siamese (or close facsimile) is the female, looks like you might have found your girl, Lucky. Destiny!

Sure is a female, since she's a tortie point. DID I think of Lucky when I saw her !!! :D

Lucky Rescue
June 2nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
Just a wee bit... nothing you won't be able to solve...

I don't know what your definition of a 'wee bit wild" is, but I guess not the same as mine....don't know if I'm up for this.:(

cpietra16
June 2nd, 2006, 11:46 AM
OOOOooooooh...Lucky...this may be what you really need....this may be the match made in kitty land....you are definately up for it:p

Inverness
June 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM
I don't know what your definition of a 'wee bit wild" is, but I guess not the same as mine....don't know if I'm up for this.:(

Why, what's up Lucky ? Things are not working out ? If not, I have someone specialized in rehab for feral kittens, she can take over...

They didn't seem that bad yesterday - they didn't even hiss when I handled them... but they might be really scared now with everything that has happened... :(

Lucky Rescue
June 2nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
They didn't seem that bad yesterday - they didn't even hiss when I handled them...

Really, you handled them? Picked them up? Or just transferred them from carrier to carrier...?

They didn't hiss at me either - but are scared out of their wits and are acting totally wild, and I've tamed more than a few feral kittens and even adults. These guys have me really worried.

Of course the fact that I didn't notice that the dog crate had an opening along the bottom large enough for them to squeeze out didn't help. Right now they are huddled behind a TV cabinet and I'll just leave them for tonight.:(

Inverness
June 2nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
Really, you handled them? Picked them up? Or just transferred them from carrier to carrier...?

They didn't hiss at me either - but are scared out of their wits and are acting totally wild, and I've tamed more than a few feral kittens and even adults. These guys have me really worried.

Of course the fact that I didn't notice that the dog crate had an opening along the bottom large enough for them to squeeze out didn't help. Right now they are huddled behind a TV cabinet and I'll just leave them for tonight.:(

I took them out of their carrier, petted them, hugged them, kissed them even ! But maybe they were just petrified... :sad:

CyberKitten
June 2nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
Lucky, weren't you looking for a meezer for awhile? Maybe this little one can be yours? :)

Serisouly, they are both sooooooooooo adorable!!!!

chico2
June 3rd, 2006, 08:19 AM
Like all kittens,they are adorable:love:
I have next to no experience with feral kittens,it's hard to imagine these little guys hissing and growling.
Hopefully they are young enough to change:fingerscr
Good Luck,Lucky :D If anyone can do it,you can:thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
June 3rd, 2006, 08:56 AM
But maybe they were just petrified...

Yep, that was it - they were scared stiff.:( They are VERY wild. Gimme a few days to see what happens when they settle a bit, but I just don't have the time right now that it's going to take to tame them, so we may have to give them to your rehabber.

If we had known how bad they were they could have gone there right off.

At least they ate all their food and used the litterbox during the night, so that's good.

moongazing
June 5th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Lucky,
Have they been adopted yet? I think I will be able to give one of these little guys a lifetime lovely home.

i am willing to provide u more of my information. please feel free to contact me.

:)

Lucky Rescue
June 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Thank you, but these kittens are feral and can only go to someone who has the patience, knowledge and time to tame them.

Do you have experience taming feral kittens??

Feral_cats
June 5th, 2006, 08:09 PM
lucky . are you still having trouble with them? since they are still young . i sudgest wraping them up in a towel one at a time and watching some television with them. thats what i do with mine that age .

Lucky Rescue
June 5th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Yes, they are very wild. I guess I've tamed too many feral kittens and cats, and just can't do it this time.:(

They are going back to Inverness and to someone who rehabs feral kittens.

Guess I"m burned out.:sad:

Feral_cats
June 5th, 2006, 09:23 PM
i know exactly what you meen . i have done so many ferals . and it really sucks when you dont have the time expecially when they are that age because they still have a good chance of comming around decently . atleast some one else is going to take them and it was good for you to try for them:) . we need more people like you to help ferals because not just anyone can do it . it takes alot of knowlage to beable to make ferals come around and alot of time and patience . now we can only hope for the best for them :fingerscr

cpietra16
June 5th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Oh Lucky...I can actually hear the burn out in your voice, or writing. You have done so much for so many...it was just a matter of time before you had this happen. Just take time and regroup...

Lucky Rescue
June 5th, 2006, 10:54 PM
I feel just horrible for those babies - at failing them.:( They are so precious and beautiful.

It makes me so furious at the people who, by their irresponsiblity, allowed these kittens to be born and to go through so much. Must be nice to just walk away and not give a damn.

chico2
June 6th, 2006, 08:32 AM
"Must be nice to just walk away and not give a damn."

I'd like to think that these people with no heart or compassion are not very happy people:mad:I know how important my 3 cats and other creatures out there are to me and how they make me a happier person.
You guys trying to make up for the ignorance of others,must have many moments of despair,but also elation when you save a little soul.
Lucky,I know you are not"giving up"on these little guys easily,you are certainly up on top of my list of heroes from this Forum:love:

Skryker
June 6th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Lucky, you did not fail them at all! You gave them more than their mom's original owner, and you had the wisdom and compassion to realize that you can't give them everything they need right now, and to not let pride get in the way of what is best for them. :love: That really does not seem like failure to me. :grouphug: Give yourself a break and recharge. :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
June 6th, 2006, 12:37 PM
The kind words are appreciated very much.

The kittens are calmer and I finally got them to play and eat treats!

I"m sure they will be successfully tamed, just not by me.:(

And a HUGE thanks to Inverness for rescuing these babies when she already has so many to care for.

meb999
June 6th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I feel just horrible for those babies - at failing them.:( They are so precious and beautiful.

It makes me so furious at the people who, by their irresponsiblity, allowed these kittens to be born and to go through so much. Must be nice to just walk away and not give a damn.

Please don't feel like you've failed these guys. You've done so much for so many...and you have to remember that having your limits is part of being human, and although you do so much, and help so many animals, you ARE still human! Give yourself a break.
You're a hero, don't let yourself forget that.

jiorji
June 6th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Thank you, but these kittens are feral and can only go to someone who has the patience, knowledge and time to tame them.

Do you have experience taming feral kittens??

sorry, but "taming" a feral kitten is easier than you think. My kitten was feral and before I brought her in she wouldn't let me pet her or touch her. Even when she stayed in my parents' basement before I moved she was rather antisocial. It only took her about a week to demand belly rubs and attention.

Kittens are much easier to "tame" than an adult cat

Lucky Rescue
June 6th, 2006, 11:02 PM
sorry, but "taming" a feral kitten is easier than you think.

I know about taming. I've tamed more than a few - both kittens (a whole litter) and adults. Some are easier than others, some can NEVER be truly tamed - not enough to be adopted out, and must stay with the person who tamed them, which is how I got my own two cats.

Kittens under 8 weeks old are usually the easiest, although I had one who never really tamed. After 12 weeks it can be very hard and success is by no means guaranteed.

I didn't say these kittens couldn't be tamed, I just said I couldn't do it this time.

Inverness
July 7th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Thought I'd post a little update on our feral kittens...

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/778/img07067su.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3308/img07076hv.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3620/img07197on.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8854/img07244ib.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9243/img07230oi.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3189/img07158zi.jpg

Pictures say it all ! :love:

jesse's mommy
July 7th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I love that little orange guy. He's so cute. My honey says no to a kitty. :sad:

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 07:50 AM
I love that little orange guy. He's so cute. My honey says no to a kitty. :sad:

change honeys ;)

jesse's mommy
July 8th, 2006, 08:13 AM
I'm not really a cat person, but I have a thing for orange kitties. I love them. When we rescued one back in October he was orange. I tried so hard to have the man let me keep him and he would not budge! We had him for two weeks until the rescue we contacted found a foster home. I cried and cried and cried. I loved this little guy he was so snuggly and kissy and he and Jesse loved each other. Jesse was so depressed when he was gone. Jesse would sit there and bathe him at least twice a day and he would just sit there and let her. Now I'm really sad. :sad:

chico2
July 8th, 2006, 08:16 AM
OH WOW,they look sooo feral....:D
I never had an orange kitty:sad:they both are adorable as I am sure are all the others:love: You have no idea how I wish I could take at least a couple:sad:
How is it going??Any luck finding homes?
Sorry about the sweet little pup that died:sad:
I suppose these are the lucky few(many),who ended up in caring hands,whatever their fate has to be..
Thank's Inverness..

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I'm not really a cat person, but I have a thing for orange kitties. I love them. When we rescued one back in October he was orange. I tried so hard to have the man let me keep him and he would not budge! We had him for two weeks until the rescue we contacted found a foster home. I cried and cried and cried. I loved this little guy he was so snuggly and kissy and he and Jesse loved each other. Jesse was so depressed when he was gone. Jesse would sit there and bathe him at least twice a day and he would just sit there and let her. Now I'm really sad. :sad:

There's a homeless orange cat that sleeps on my steps everynight. HE's been trying to infiltrate the Homeless 5 group. He's so bizarre. Hedoesn't eat like a normal cat. He uses his paw like a fork to eat!

If Inverness didn't need more qualified adopters (she's got many many orange kittens!), I'd bring this orange cat to you! Florida is right next door! ;)

chico2
July 8th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Jesse's mommy,all the cats I've ever had in my life and it has been many,were and are very cuddly,affectionate and sweet....like with pitties,or any animal,it all depends on the owner.
You love and care for the animal,no matter what they are 99,9% you'll have wonderful fur-ball,be they cat or dog,but I am sure you know that already.

jesse's mommy
July 8th, 2006, 08:29 AM
I know, but the man won't budge on this one and unfortunately it is something that needs to be a joint decision. I almost had him talked into a second doggie, but then Jesse went through a bad rebellious week and he changed his mind and said there is no way we could get a second when we can't even control the first. (What he doesn't realize is that all animals have their rebellious stage here and there, they just get bored sometimes.) Anyway, there is something about orange cats that completely catch my eye. I just love them. The one we rescued would curl around my neck and sleep. He was a sweetie. The man doesn't put his foot down often because I pretty much get whatever I want, but he has put his foot down to this one. I do however keep trying because I'm thinking eventually he will give in. :evil:

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I know it's important that the whole house agrees on new members but it was worth a shot! :thumbs up

A few people on this board have a soft spot for orange cats.

chico2
July 8th, 2006, 08:44 AM
I have a soft spot for all colours:D
But I know what you mean,Baileys(my walking companion)owners husband hates the dog and in my view they should never have had a dog,animals feel this and it's never a good situation.
My husband did not like cats 30yrs ago,but boy,has he been converted:D I think were we to get a divorce,I would have one heck of a fight for custody..my strongest defense,he does not do litter-boxes:D

chico2
July 8th, 2006, 08:44 AM
C-S,have you moved??How are your 5 kitties?

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 09:04 AM
i was just taking pics of 'em. I'll update the homeless five thread. I don't want to hijack.

Prin
July 9th, 2006, 02:15 AM
I have a soft spot for the oranges too... Oranges and greys... But I too have a guy who won't budge.:rolleyes:

paula383
July 12th, 2006, 07:19 AM
what cute kittens the orange one looks just like one of mine. well done too all in rescuing them.:)

LibbyP
July 12th, 2006, 03:46 PM
OOh the are both stunning, (IMO) I think little orange kitties are the :evil: in disguise, it must have something to do with that red hair ;) Very cute glad to see they have come along way for the better:thumbs up

Gene313
July 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Hi, i live in montreal, i am searching for kittins for sale for my girlfriend, could you email me at ***********thanks :)

badger
July 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Hi Gene - go to petfinder.com, click on rescue groups, put in your postal code and you'll get a list of rescue groups in the Montreal area. Most of them have kittens at this time of year. The kittens at the beginning of that thread you posted on are in the care of Lucky Rescue. If you scroll down on the list of rescue groups, you'll see the name.

PS please avoid petshops like the plague, their animals are often raised under horrible conditions and you have no guarantee they're healthy. We've heard more than a few horror stories of kittens from pet stores who die of preventable diseases because they were not vaccinated or were exposed to a sick litter. A rescue kitten will be free of worms and fleas, vaccinated, socialized to people and usually other cats and if not too young, neutered. A bargain!

chico2
July 19th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Badger,I sent you a pM about Lucky Rescue!