Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Injured cat (I'm FUMING!!)

Luba
January 3rd, 2004, 03:59 PM
Allow me to vent folks, I don't do it very often.

While I was at the shelter today walking the dogs, one of the staff went out on a call about an injured cat.

When he got there the poor thing could not move, probably hit by a car and crawled close to a house. He said it looks paralized, atleast it's hind legs and most of the back. In obvious pain!! When he brought kitty in, it was crying in pain (my heart pounded with fear...will this cat survive?)

Apparently the idiots that called KNEW the cat was there, near there home for TWO weeks and they never called. They just fed it and left it there outside in the cold. Injured, incapable of fending for itself, leaving it to what DIE???

How can you be so stupid? HOW??

I'm not sure whats going to happen to this lovely cat, but when I was leaving they were waiting for the vet. I didn't want to stick around (I'm not sure they can save the cat). It looked in awful pain :(

Why couldn't they have called right away?

Please let this be a lesson to people who let their cats roam outside DON'T DO IT!! This could have been your lovely cat!

Lucky Rescue
January 3rd, 2004, 10:48 PM
OH, I know! We got a call from someone last January, telling us there was a cat lying under their deck. The temperature was around -20. The cat had been there for ONE WEEK!!!

She was starved, dehydrated and has a seriously infected abcess on her face and was lying there waiting to die. I offered to foster her after she got out of the vet. We eventually found out she had bone cancer and had to be euthanized.:(

How anyone could be so stupid and cruel to let her lie there and suffer, I will never understand.

What is wrong with people????

Luba
January 3rd, 2004, 10:51 PM
I don't know LR I just don't understand.

Almost like the mentality is 'It's not my problem to deal with'

:confused:

mona_b
January 4th, 2004, 12:12 AM
GEEZ.People like that just piss me off big time.It just sickens me to no end.People like that should be B***H slapped.No,worse.Lets just say I have a potty mouth right now.Some people have no heart.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

wAggie
January 4th, 2004, 01:11 AM
I think I'm gonna be robbing a bank machine tomorrow... if I can't wait for the banks to open on Monday.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

we NEED more animal shelters and to EDUCATE the public.

FUDGE!!

daisy18216
January 4th, 2004, 07:22 AM
mona_b, I agree w/you 100%. I think alot of people do need to get b***h slapped and more. I hate stupid people like that.

If people got involved a little more and call when they see an injured/neglected/abused animal, maybe we can save them sooner and find good loving homes that these animals deserve.

I'm sure if that person was the one that got hurt he/she would've wanted someone to call the ambulance for them. Not just feed them and let them freeze out in the cold then a week or 2 later then call for help.

These people need to put themselves in the place that these animals are. And lets see if they like the predictament that they are in. I don't think they would.

this makes me very mad. people need to get involved not keep addding to the problem.:mad:

Luba
January 4th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Know what...that did happen in Toronto last winter.

A homeless man lay dead in a bus shelter for (4) days before anyone called EMS! On a busy busy street like Bay Street in Toronto lots of foot and car traffic, buses and couriers, cops.

Ignorance breeds ignorance!

daisy18216
January 4th, 2004, 05:50 PM
What is wrong w/this world today? My parents always taught me that if someone needed help and I saw that they needed help to call police, ambulance, etc.

I don't understand some people. I will not raise my children to be ignorant like some of these people are today.

Luba, I'm assuming that homeless guy past away.

I love animals more andmore each day. I rather deal w/animals then people (not all people there are some nice ones out there).

mona_b
January 4th, 2004, 06:26 PM
daisy18216,I have tought my daughter not to be ignorant.I have tought her to help those who cannot help themselves.Especially the elder.I have tought her to respect people and animals.She has a soft heart.Cross her though,and she is just like me.:D ..I tought her well.LOL.She's 16.And she has seen many ignorant people.And when I tell her about some of the people on here and how they are with their animals,she gets very upset.But then when I tell her about all you guys.She smiles and says kewl.:)

Luba
January 4th, 2004, 07:38 PM
daisy: yup

homeless man lay dead in a bus shelter for (4) days before anyone called EMS

daisy18216
January 4th, 2004, 08:28 PM
All of my children are small right now ages 5, 2, 1. I teach them to have respect, and to help other people who need help. Granted their very young so I need to keep teaching them this until they are old enough to understand.

I want my children to be able to help someone if they need. I help people when I can and if I can't then I try to find a way.

Thank Goodness for people like us.:D

chico2
January 10th, 2004, 08:05 AM
A major problem in our society is people not wanting to get involved,turning a blind eye thinking someone else will help.
I've made enemies of my direct neighbors by keeping an eye on their two cats,especially now when it's sooooo cold.They profess to love their cats,but last New Years went away for the holiday and left the two older cats outside with a bowl of food.IDIOTS!
They ended up paying Humane Society to get them out(I called),they no longer talk to me,but I don't really care,they won't leave the cats outside in the winter anymore.
At my age,I could tell thousands of cases where I've had to interfere,but I won't:D ....it's an unending tragedy.
It's a weird phenomena though,injured or abandoned animals of all kind seem to find their way to my house,maybe they do have a guardian angel...
The sad,sad story of the home-less man,makes you think.
Many people are just a pay-check away from being home-less in our society,they are not all drunks and drugaddicts.Even if they are should they be left on the street to die?

chico2
January 10th, 2004, 08:05 AM
A major problem in our society is people not wanting to get involved,turning a blind eye thinking someone else will help.
I've made enemies of my direct neighbors by keeping an eye on their two cats,especially now when it's sooooo cold.They profess to love their cats,but last New Years went away for the holiday and left the two older cats outside with a bowl of food.IDIOTS!
They ended up paying Humane Society to get them out(I called),they no longer talk to me,but I don't really care,they won't leave the cats outside in the winter anymore.
At my age,I could tell thousands of cases where I've had to interfere,but I won't:D ....it's an unending tragedy.
It's a weird phenomena though,injured or abandoned animals of all kind seem to find their way to my house,maybe they do have a guardian angel...
The sad,sad story of the home-less man,makes you think.
Many people are just a pay-check away from being home-less in our society,they are not all drunks and drugaddicts.Even if they are should they be left on the street to die?

Luba
January 10th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I'm seeing double chico lol

I know what you mean and it's just the way it's all about the 'me' generation...who wants to get involved?

Whether it be elder, teen, parent, child, pet abuse? People close their doors, windows and lock themselves out from the world (well the cold these days haha)

It's easier, easier easier isn't it!

But many suffer and continue to!

chico2
January 10th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Luba,your little dog is adorable...sorry about the double-take:D
It all seems like doom and gloom,home-less dying etc...but fortunately there are a lot of people who care,who are out there every night picking up the home-less.There is especially on woman,I don't know her name,a street-nurse,who has dedicated many years to helping and advocate for the homeless,she is a hero.
Here in hoity-toity Oakville supposedly we have no home-less,but that is a load of bull,there are plenty of them,one example being the lady with the 8 cats.

Luba
January 10th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Thank you chico
Rusty was an absolute joy. Sharing 16 yrs with this fella was more then I could ever have hoped for :D

chico2
January 11th, 2004, 07:40 AM
I guess that means he's no longer with you and I am sorry about that,but like all the animals I've had in my lifetime the memories are precious(spelling?)and will remain forever in our hearts.
I have 23.000,000 pictures,well almost:D,since I love photography
and they show me how lucky I have been to have had these cats,dogs and other faithful animals in my life.

Luba
January 11th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Rusty's always with me, in my heart and in my mind
You are so right :D