Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

constant sneezing +

olivier
May 28th, 2006, 09:57 PM
this is the first time i've been here, so sorry if i seem a bit new.

anyways, i got two new kittens a couple of weeks ago. they appeared to be perfectly healthy. however, not long after i got them, the male developed a constantly stuffy nose, diarrhea, and an eye infection. we went to the vet and got some medicine for his eyes, and the problem went away for a while (all of the problems, not just the eye infection). however, in the past two or three weeks, the problem has come back. he has a constantly stuffy nose and is always sneezing, and he has begun to have diarrhea once again.

any ideas on the problem?

mafiaprincess
May 29th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Sounds like it could be a respitory infection. Does the kitten have any shots so far?

BMDLuver
May 29th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Sounds like Rhino which circulates a few rounds normally in kittens. You need to head back to the vet and get more antibiotics etc for them.

olivier
May 29th, 2006, 12:59 PM
No, we haven't gotten any shots for either of them yet. Planning on it, however, we're still researching a good vet in our area. We didn't like the one we went to very much.

Anyways, thank you for all your help. I'll make sure to go to a vet we choose ASAP.

rainbow
May 29th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Please don't wait...they need to get their shots ASAP.