Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pit Bull Ban being lifted????

PEDPA
May 27th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew wether or not this is fact or fiction? Word from local "authorities" and Petstores was that the ban is being lifted because of some court case or something???? Does anyone know anything about this or could possibly fill me in?????

Oswaldsmum
May 28th, 2006, 01:50 AM
The Ban is being challenged in court, but as far as I've heard, there is no decision as of yet.

It was presented by Clayton Ruby last week in Ontario Court. The decision isn't expected to be made for a few months.

JenSteele
May 30th, 2006, 04:53 PM
There is also rumour that the more horrible Kitchener by-law which superseeds the Ontario Bylaw (like we warned people it would) may get over-turned. If that's the case, there's even a bigger case for the Ontario Bylaw to be re-examined because it is based on the Kitchener bylaw. Keep your fingers crossed somebody in our judicial system finally sees not only rights infringements the owners are going through, but the willful neglect the people enforcing this bylaw are illustrating by not bothering to be properly trained in designation.