Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How many times I have said - don't jump on the bed

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 27th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Well it happened - my two kids were monkeying on the bed - don't jump on the bed I said - you'll break your arm.

Sure enough it happened - my older son fell off the bed landed on his belt buckle on the floor and fractured his arm. He spent last night at emergency with my husband. He has a temporary cast until the swelling goes down. So now everything is cancelled for him for now - tennis, guitar, swimming - hopefully he will be able to go to school at least part of the time.

So that little song about the monkeys jumping on the bed - its true :eek:

joeysmama
May 27th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Oh no !! I'm so sorry for your little guy --- and for YOU !!! I'm glad it was his arm and that he didn't do more serious damage. But it's not fun to be in a cast when the weather is getting warm I bet.

Another one of those "I told you so!" moments for Mom. If I had a dime for every one of those I'd be rich.

doggy lover
May 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Sorry to hear what happened to your son, thankfully he will be OK. My kids still jump on my bed at 18 and 16, as you can guess Tucker is right along with them.:D

Prin
May 27th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Poor kiddie! Maybe he'll listen better now... ;) (I'm way older and I still jump on the bed when I get the chance... :evil: )