Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Canine Bloat

Lucky Rescue
January 3rd, 2004, 11:24 AM
I see people on this board with bloated dogs who are posting for help here instead of taking their dogs to the vet. Time is of the essence!!!This is an EMERGENCY, and if not swiftly treated, the dog will DIE.

Even while you are waiting for an answer here, your dog could DIE.

For future reference, here is an article explaining the seriousness of this situation.

BLOAT (http://personal.uncc.edu/jvanoate/k9/bloatfaq.htm)

Luba
January 3rd, 2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks LR seems like an abundane of 'bloat' the last little while!

mona_b
January 3rd, 2004, 12:53 PM
I agree.That is why I also put up a link about bloat.And the specific breeds that are prone to it.Seems to be in deep chested dogs.My friend lost her St Bernard to bloat.Here is the site I posted.

http://www.globalspan.net/bloat.htm

wAggie
January 4th, 2004, 02:16 AM
what a serious condition.

I'm saving these links...

thanx, ladies

Chicklet
October 6th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I was Brought here by a websearch, Read many posts, But this one about Bloat got to me,
So much so that I had to register,
I know this thread has not been posted into for a long spell, But it was the freshes thread on this matter, that i could find

I grew up on a large Kennel of Dogs,
Over 100 breeders, Good 30 yrs ago now, But still have a hugh love of all Animals especially Dogs.
One thing I recall over and over throughout my yrs of living with hundreds of Dogs,
When you find a dog bloated MAKE the dog walk and walk, and walk, even if they refuse , fall over, make em move and keep em moving, It will save their life,
I've done it more times then I care to remember, and never once did one die, even the ones that refuses to move, You move em, no matter how they complain or don't complain,
I've done this same thing with a Guinea pig one time. (never knew guinea pigs would bloat) but then it had been starved and when I got it home i guess it over ate, Bloated horrible, I just knew it would die, but I did the moving thing, went on for what seemed like hours, But It lived!
I also remember a time my Goats all started bloating, two died before I was aware of it, I employed everyone even my neighbours, Some thought I was crazy, But it worked, I never lost anymore, simple because I made them move,
I hope this information might help someone else out there save a beloved animals life, Trust me it works,

Make them move, one way or another!