Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Golden attacks two yr old

babyrocky1
May 26th, 2006, 06:32 PM
http://www.newsnet5.com/station/9261019/detail.html

Toddler attacked by Golden Retriever...warning GRAPHIC...

seeker
May 26th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Tragic stories like this are ignored by supportrers of BSL .They do not seem to be able to comprehend the realities of dog attacks .

babyrocky1
May 26th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Tragic stories like this are ignored by supportrers of BSL .They do not seem to be able to comprehend the realities of dog attacks .Exactly...that is my only reason for posting this, its one of the main reasons that BSL exists as previlantly as it does, some breeds are perceived as "biters" and others are not. The media perpetuates these perceptions and then along comes an opportunist... errrrr.... "politico".... hehehhe, and there you have it.
The government has refused to add a provincial bite registry to the bill so there will never be any real proof that other breeds bite and do damage. It is one of the facts in the case that the judge seemed particularly interested in.
Just to clarify I:love: Goldens too!

Copper'sMom
May 30th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I found this story reported very differently from any "Pit Bull" attack. This story focused mostly on the toddler and his recovery etc, BUT doesn't mention anything about the dog and what will happen with him/her. Most dogs are hauled off by Animal control and will be investigated, but this one wasn't? Why? - because it was a Golden Retriever and not a Pit Bull???:confused: People are so biased.:mad: