Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy Mill Exposed

Golden Girls
May 26th, 2006, 02:53 PM
(there was a thread on this but cannot find it. Mod - please feel free to move it)

Please tune in this evening to see a report of this puppy mill exposure. CBC will be covering the demonstration on Sunday.

CBC news tonight 6 pm
Radio Canda News tonight @6pm
CBC news Monday 6 pm

Anyone wishing to take part of a peaceful demonstration - details as follows:

PUPPY MILLS DEMONSTRATION

Everyone must keep in mind that this will be a peaceful demonstration. No
one will be allowed onto the private property. Remember that this is about
them not us. We want to media to take the situation
of the animals in the puppy mill seriously, not our issues.

The date of the demonstration will be Sunday, May 28th at 12:00 noon.

Directions are as follows:

For eastbound demonstrators, take highway 401 east.
Drive to the last exit
in Ontario. Take exit #825 4th Line Road (County
road 23). You will loop right. At the stop sign, turn right and go over the
401. You will see an Esso station. Park in the lot on your left across from the Esso.

For the westbound demonstrators, take highway 20 west. Drive into Ontario
and take exit #825 4th Line Road (County road 23). You will loop off and
see the Esso station. Park in the lot across from the Esso.

We will go forward from the Esso. Someone will stay behind to direct demonstrators to the puppy mill.

Please no pets allowed, as again the focus MUST be on the dogs in the puppy
mill. Your pets could bark and cause needless stressto those inside.

This is your big chance to be part of the solution.

phoenix
May 26th, 2006, 04:02 PM
what city are you close to?

BMDLuver
May 27th, 2006, 08:14 AM
The whole thing with regards to broadcasting has apparently been cancelled. Don't know if that includes the March as well?

Golden Girls
May 27th, 2006, 08:29 AM
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Demonstration is definately ON ... thousands will be attending as well as media coverage. Rescues please come with your banners! Numbers is what will count here.

Broadcasting was delayed until AFTER this demonstration but was definately not cancelled.

Thank you.

Frenchy
May 29th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Stupid question but when Spca and Anima Quebec go to inspect these kind of places,do they warn the owners before going? (hope not!) I have read twice about this puppy mill.If it's true,I don't see how can the inspectors don't see anythig wrong with the place.Unless they give time to the owner to clean up the place and hide some of the dogs....it's just sick.

badger
May 29th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Gee, I had the same thought. Reckon there's a MOLE at the SPCA?

Golden Girls
May 29th, 2006, 11:25 PM
I second your reckon and raise ya

K9Friend
May 30th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Don't believe everything you read - especially quotes from the owner of this establishment. I'm just glad they got exposed and even better raise awareness to people out there how bad it is to purchase an animal from a pet shop or from any establishment that has a listing of breeds on their website - like these folks do! :yuck:

marko
May 30th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Absolutley NO NAMES are allowed in this thread.

If and when these alleged puppy millers are found guilty in a court of law ONLY THEN can their info be mentioned on this board. UNTIL THEN it's a slander rule violation, regardless of which newpaper/radio/television station chooses to run the story. Their definition of slander simply differs from ours.

Thanks

Golden Girls
May 30th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Click in "Latest CBC News at Six" fast-forward 14.10 for beginning of topic and interview

http://www.cbc.ca/montreal/audio/index.html#listen

poodletalk
May 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Is there anywhere else I can read or hear about the puppymill being exposed? I can't open the link for some reason....

goldenblaze
June 4th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Here is a link you can read it there.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/montreal/story.html?id=b7b2a4eb-aa17-4304-81fb-112b7ba4f8c6