Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Problem with Boxers back legs

Bon&Lon
May 26th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I would like some advice, I have had my 10 year old boxer to the vets today.

She has been stumbling on her back legs and sometimes stands with her toes curled under.

My vet says that this was _______ (god I can't remember the term) and that it is progressive and there is little we can do. She says it is to do with the nerves that control the back legs and that Bonnie does not allways know where her legs are.

Bonnie is very fit and still runs round like a two year old, my vets only suggestion was to prevent her from jumping up and to use an emn machine on her that we use on our other dog.

Does anyone know what this condition is called? and if their is any other help I can give her?

Anyone who has had any success with treatments, i would love to hear from you.

Thanks
Caroline, Bonnie & Londo

BoxerRescueMTL
May 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Hi Caroline. I'm sorry to hear about your boxer :( I don't have any experience with this problem but you can also check out http://www.boxerworld.com It is an online forum with thousands of boxer owners who I am sure can offer some advice.

meb999
May 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I don't know what it's called...and don't really have any advice...I just wanted to say that I'm sorry your boxer isn't feeling well :(

cpietra16
May 26th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Would you be able to call your vet for more information on this condition...once you get the name just google it and see what there is. I wish you luck. I hope you find something that can help

Bon&Lon
May 26th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks

I left it to late to ring the vets tonight, will call in the morning.

phoenix
May 26th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Is it degenerative myelopathy???
http://americanboxerclub.org/purina1.html

I'm sorry about your boxer. They are such wonderful dogs but have so many health issues.

Prin
May 27th, 2006, 06:33 PM
It's not Wobbler's? My dobie had wobblers and he gradually lost feeling throughout his body. Of all the things to get, I always thought it was one of the best ones because at least we knew he wasn't in pain...

I'm sorry for the bad news though.:grouphug:

JessXx
May 27th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Aww I just wanna say Im sorry your pup isn't feeling well... I don't know whats going on, Im sorry... I can try to find some things out for you- it might take a while but I'll post more when I get info... okay!
Good luck! :)