Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Info Needed!!

lezzpezz
May 25th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Meeting on Monday and need info on dog parks. Appreciate any help at all.

Does anyone live in a city that has dog park(s) near a school or sharing school property?

Looking for list of cities that have such a set up. Will deal with safety issues later, but please include that if you have anything to say. basically looking for cities that have off leash space close to school grounds and possibly the distance between the park and the property of the school.

Thanks!

Prin
May 25th, 2006, 07:56 PM
The Ahuntsic dog park here in Montreal is beside a school. There's the school, a peewee soccer field and then the park. There has never been an issue with it as far as I know.:)

Stacer
May 25th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I think that here in TO there is a fenced in school yard that is an off leash park for dogs after school hours and on weekends. It's possible that it's "unofficial" though.

CyberKitten
May 26th, 2006, 02:41 AM
We really do not have dog parks per se here, simply parks where dogs are allowed with their people. There are often children there and I have never seen any problems. There is a very large park not far from a school and there have never been any issues at all.

lezzpezz
May 26th, 2006, 01:08 PM
The Ahuntsic dog park here in Montreal is beside a school. There's the school, a peewee soccer field and then the park. There has never been an issue with it as far as I know.:)

Thanks...will add to our report!:thumbs up

JessXx
May 27th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Well I live in Edmonton Alberta so I don't think I could help you-