Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Acts of Kindness

Luvmypit
May 25th, 2006, 02:17 PM
So the Star ( toronto paper) has this feature where people write in to tell of stories of being helped when in a time of need, people stopping to shovel them out, people hearing someone short for cash while purchasing adds in the remaining amount, others recieving a ride in the rain ect...

Just wondering as I love to read these stories. If you ever lost a wallet and it turned up at your door, or if you stopped to help someone on the highway who was stuck. One thing I read was people buying other peoples coffees who were in the drive thru behind them. Apparently one guy bought the guy behind him and as the drive thru lady described it continued through car after car. She wrote in that she cried by the 5th car as she was so moved. So I did the same at my local shop after me and a guy met at the entrance at the same time and he let me go. I bought him his coffee and donut and took off. The whole day I thought about it and how it actually made me feel great probably more so then him.

Do you have any good human kindness stories, where you were helped or
you were the helpee?

One act of kindness that everytime I see it I get tears in my eyes.... just watch what happens in this story!!!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-818944862742874918&q=autistic+basketball

phoenix
May 25th, 2006, 03:29 PM
that was great. i've been a senior boys bball coach for years. what a tribute to that kid. thanks for the smile and the tears.

Skryker
May 25th, 2006, 05:30 PM
I have a story that is both about human kindness, and about how what goes around comes around!

My husband walked up to a bank machine and discovered that the previous person had walked away leaving their card in the machine-full access availible. So he popped the card out and took it into the bank, explaining what had happened. Not only did the bank thank him, but the lady whose card it was got our number from the bank and called to thank him for preventing what could have been a disaster. She was in tears.

A few months later, while very tired, my husband remembered to take his card from the machine, but not the cash he had just taken out ($400). By the time he got back to the machine, the money was gone. He went into the bank to report it, thinking he was out of luck. Nope-the next person had turned the money in to the bank in full. :D So there you go! Karma in action. The person who turned in the money did it anonymously, so we couldn't thank them, but trust me, we were greatful.

Cinnabear
May 25th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I'm very grateful to whoever put my dog in the back yard this week.:) My teenage dd didn't fully close the front door and he must have escaped that way. :mad: What a way to come home too.

Why can't teenagers take responsibility for their actions? It's never them that does it.:mad:

Another time I dropped my credit card on the ground, the person who found it called it in and destroyed it. Very grateful for what they did.

rainbow
May 25th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Great story. I seen it when it was on the news awhile back but it was so worth watching again. :thumbs up

SunGurl372
May 25th, 2006, 07:41 PM
I've never done anything massively humanitarian, but maybe it's the little things that count.

Awhile back, I was in the local grocery store express line behind an elderly woman who was checking out. When the total came up, it turned out she didn't have enough to pay the bill (and she was buying necessities...fruit, milk, eggs, bread, the works). She was asking the cashier what she could take off the bill to come in within her cash limit.

I gave the cashier the difference, which honestly only amounted to a few dollars. Let me tell you, that lady was so surprised and pleased by just that little action, it made me feel good for days!!!

Puppyluv
May 26th, 2006, 12:03 PM
I posted about this back in january, but I'll do it again. When Layla and I were walking home from a walk one sunday in January, I got hit by a car that ran a red light. Layla was fine, but I was knocked unconscious, disloated my hip and shoulder and tore all the ligaments in my forearm. I had to go to the hospital in an ambulance, but I was freaking out about what would happen to Layla. This wonderful couple took her home for me, fed her, made sure her water dish was full, put her in her crate, turned the heat up a bit, turned on a light for her, and the radio (Layla loves the radio, but I don't rememebr telling them this, so how they knew to do it, I'm not sure). They then returned to walk her for me later, as I was in the hospital for a while.

Two weeks later I lost my wallet with everything in it, my drivers license, my school ID, my health care card, my two credit cards, bank card, 400$, everything. I was freaking and resigned myslef to the fact that it would never come back, until two weeks later, my parents called me from Calgary saying that my wallet had showed up in the mail that day, with everything still in it. My drivers license is still my AB license, so it has my parents' address on it.

My winter was horrible, but a lot of kind people made it better.