Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Expire date

poodletalk
May 25th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Does anyone know where the expire date is on president choice softdrinks?

I am looking at the bottom of the tin and it says:

5066pq221520

Thanks

Golden Girls
May 25th, 2006, 08:25 AM
If you already drank it I'll assume your http://bestsmileys.com/dead/6.gifby now << KIDDING !!!

It's May 6'06 or June 5'06 either way it's still good.

Enjoy!

erykah1310
May 25th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Just gonna be frank here!
HOW THE H*** did you crack that code????
To me its jibberish LOL

Golden Girls
May 25th, 2006, 02:55 PM
5 = 5th day. 06 = 6th month: June. 6 = year: 2006 <<< Production Date

pq = Province of Quebec

2215 = hour of production (military) 10H15 pm

20 = expiry 20 weeks after production date

(it was a diet soda)

CODE CRACKED!!!

UH OH ...

http://bestsmileys.com/jail/1.gif

poodletalk
May 25th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I went to the store with my drinks, they told me 66 was for the 66th day of the year. The store manager told me I had to through out my softdrinks, which I will do tomorrow morning since it's garbage day.

You were right though, it was a diet soda!

meb999
May 25th, 2006, 09:38 PM
wow...I would have NEVER figured that one out!! I'm impressed.
I would have thought it expires in the year 221520...makes sense..it's all chemicals, right? :o

Prin
May 25th, 2006, 11:16 PM
wow...I would have NEVER figured that one out!! I'm impressed.
I would have thought it expires in the year 221520...makes sense..it's all chemicals, right? :o
lol Like salami! :D (one time in the spring, I started laughing because my salami expired after christmas, and my mom laughed too and said "HAHA That's messed up. Salami never expires!" :D)

Golden Girls
May 26th, 2006, 07:48 AM
According to the above code, It was produced on May 6th, 2006 at exactly 10h15 pm and will only expire in 20 weeks from that date! LOLOLOLOL

Regular drinks have a 40 week expiry date.

That's how I knew it was diet. (last two digits 20)

I do hope poodletalk you didn't throw them away or at least you weren't stocked up!

For the record though, especially cans there still drinkable past the expiry of about two months.

poodletalk
May 26th, 2006, 07:51 AM
They were a donation for an upcoming event, they were sitting in someone's garage for the past year. Better safe then sorry, I will trash them this morning. Thanks for all your help!

meb999
May 26th, 2006, 09:13 AM
They were a donation for an upcoming event, they were sitting in someone's garage for the past year. Better safe then sorry, I will trash them this morning. Thanks for all your help!

My mom always says : 'when in doubt, throw it out!'

Stacer
May 26th, 2006, 10:49 AM
I never knew that pop expired. I've probably drank pop that was years old. That's messed up. But on the other hand, why would they make the "expiry date" so hard to decipher if it was imperative that it be disposed of after the date? It's probably not that big a deal, they would have made it easier if they thought that you could be harmed by drinking it after the date. Or maybe there's so much expired pop coursing through my blood that I don't know what I'm talking about:D

jesse's mommy
May 26th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I had a talk with the Coca Cola guy one day about this. He told me that regular soda is good for many months, it's taste actually really doesn't change. But the ingredients in diet soda will actually change the formula over time that can actually harm you. It's ind of scary to know these kinds of things.