Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

CHRONIC VOMITING in Boston Terrier- any suggestions?

peadelm
May 24th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Hi! I'm new here, and really excited that I can finally get some feedback about my dog. I have Lily, a 1 yr. old female Boston Terrier who, ever since I got her at 7 wks. old, has been vomiting. Some days we have no problems with it. However, I would say that MOST days she vomits at least 5 times per day. It is usually clear fluid- sometimes with food in it. The strange thing is, however, that she doesn't act sick AT ALL. She is full of energy and doesnt' seem to be bothered by it- she just pukes and walks on. I talked to my vet about it and we decided to try to rule out that it could be caused from what she's eating. So, we put her on Hill's prescription diet I/D (intestinal diet) which is supposed to be easy on the digestive system. I am also putting For-Bid on her food to make sure she's not eating her feces (yuck!) It's been a week, and I've been monitoring her pretty closely. However, she's still throwing up. Have any of you heard of this? Another vet told me to come in for blood work and x-rays but said it could be up to $2000, which for a college student, is basically out of the picture. I just love Lily to death and I want her to get better- any suggestions, or do you just think we'll have to live with this?

Puppyluv
May 24th, 2006, 06:39 PM
I know it's expensive, but I would go for the blood work and x-rays. I'm a college student too, and if I had to, would find a way to pay for it. Talk to the vet, he might be willing to do a payment plan.

PetFriendly
May 24th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I'd take the dog to a vet too. Call the vet and ask about a payment plan. Then call your bank and ask about a line of credit (much lower interest rates than your credit card). It migh be feasible to start with blood work, then decid on the x-rays, but she's only going to get worse if you can't figure out what's making her sick...

Blathach
May 24th, 2006, 08:10 PM
We cannot diagnose over the internet. As other members have said, please take your dog to the vet and ask for a payment plan. Please post back when you have results.