Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The sun is out and so am I

dragon_queen
May 24th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Here's Bandit enjoying the sun and the flowers. I wish I could take Lola out but she's too small for the harness.

dragon_queen
May 24th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I think he looks like a little grass shark. LOL
Da dum da dum....

dragon_queen
May 24th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I had trouble finding him in my camera screen for this pic.

dragon_queen
May 24th, 2006, 04:28 PM
And last but not least, some quality time with mom. :)
I think he just liked the heat from the sun on my jeans.

woodysdad
May 24th, 2006, 04:48 PM
That is beautiful:thumbs up

chico2
May 24th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Aww,he's so cute,I bet he loved the outside:love:

Slams_58
May 24th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Is that a bearded Dragon? How big do they get? My son is doing so well with his Chameleon that now he wants a bearded dragon. I think that we'll wait and see how Lily makes out for a while. She's a neat little pet. She's spoiled rotten... she loves to be held and warmed in my sweater.

glasslass
May 24th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Have to admit that if I was lolling around on the grass and turned over to see that little Bandit peering at me, I would scream! I've never been around them. Are they affectionate?

dragon_queen
May 24th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Is that a bearded Dragon? How big do they get? My son is doing so well with his Chameleon that now he wants a bearded dragon. I think that we'll wait and see how Lily makes out for a while. She's a neat little pet. She's spoiled rotten... she loves to be held and warmed in my sweater.

Bandit is an australian water dragon, from the rainforest parts of australia, a bearded dragon is from the desert parts. Beardies are easier to find in the pet stores.

dragon_queen
May 24th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Have to admit that if I was lolling around on the grass and turned over to see that little Bandit peering at me, I would scream! I've never been around them. Are they affectionate?

I wouldn't call Bandit (or any of the reptiles I know) affectionate. Bandit responds to voices (focuses on the person speaking) and knows I'm the one with dinner, lol. He will be held but only after a few moments of squirming( even after 3 years he still thinks I want to eat him). He likes music, But he must be tone deaf as he doesn't run away when I sing to him. :clown:

Frenchy
May 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Love your pictures,so different.I'm very curious of lezards,they are so cute on tv,but I need something to cudle!So it must be open buffet for them outside with all the bugs and grass?

dragon_queen
May 28th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Love your pictures,so different.I'm very curious of lezards,they are so cute on tv,but I need something to cudle!So it must be open buffet for them outside with all the bugs and grass?

He just lets the ants walk all over him. twit that he is. He watches the bees and things but I wouldn't want him to,acctually eat them, might be dangerous. I have uva/uvb lights in his vivarium but I bring him out though because the natural light is really good for him.

Prin
May 29th, 2006, 01:32 AM
He's a cutie... I probably wouldn't touch him too much, but he's a cutie nevertheless.:D

dragon_queen
May 29th, 2006, 03:26 PM
He's a cutie... I probably wouldn't touch him too much, but he's a cutie nevertheless.:D
He's a bit rough on the back, like sand paper but i rub him under the chin where it's softer. he seems to like it :)
He also likes it when i rub where he's shedding, helps loosen it I guess. must itch.

chico2
May 29th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I think he's wonderful,I would have no problems touching him(suckie Prin:D ):D
It's hard to tell how big he is from the pic,he might just be a wee one:confused:
Oh no,checking back,he looks quiet large....I love Iguanas,but in their own environment..

dragon_queen
May 29th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Bandit is almost 3 feet long but 2/3 is tail. His last vet check he weighed in at 666 grams ( about a pound and a half). My bro has 2 iguana's , one is 7 1/2 pounds but is only about 4 1/2 feet long because his tail was broken. ( both of them are rescues my bro took in.