Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Massachusetts

denise1955
May 24th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Hi from central MA. I found the forum while looking for info about metronidazole, which my dog (65 lb standard poodle) has been on for about 3 days now. She started with vomiting and dia last week (unknown cause). I'm really worried about her, she's just not herself. I will say that she hasn't had any more vomiting or dia, but I can tell she just doesn't feel good some of the time. I'm sure it's the meds. Had her checked on Monday and she's checking out OK (no dehydration), and the vet seems pretty confident that this stuff will help her. She's eating OK too .... anyway, that's some intro isn't it?! We also have a 12 year old siamese cat named Owen, and two lovebirds, Perry and Frank.

Denise

jessi76
May 24th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Hi denise! I'm from MA too (North Central), welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear your poodle is feeling ill.... My dog just finished up a round of Flaygl (Metronidazole) a few weeks ago also for an unknown case of the pukes... it worked great for my pooch, settled his tummy right down. Did your vet suggest a bland diet for a few days? Mine suggested a bland mixture of white rice & boiled meat such as chicken or lean hamburg, which I followed, and it REALLY helped.

anyways, welcome, I hope your poodle feels better soon, and do post some pics if you get the chance.

denise1955
May 24th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Jessie. I have had her on hamburg and rice. She just seems "down" for lack of a better word. I'm wondering if some of her problem might be depression. We had to have our toy poodle put to sleep on March 15th; maybe she's lonely? They didn't interact all that much, but maybe she's missing him. She could be picking up on my mood too, which has been very very sad. Anyway, I'm sure she'll be fine. She's already better than she was.

Thanks again!