Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten in Shock

skittle8804
May 23rd, 2006, 03:28 PM
Any insight would help....I have a 6 week old kitten. My 6 month old cat grabbed him and bit the kitten. I took kitten to vet because it was just laying there. Kitten cant walk. Vet says kitten is in shock and may be able to walk when he comes out of shock. Says shock can last a few days. Vet said the puncture wound may have severed a nerve and maybe he wont be able to walk, but wont be able to tell until he comes out of shock.....The kitten is away and can do everything but walk, is he still in shock? If so, how long to come out of it? I feel sooooooooo bad...

Lucky Rescue
May 23rd, 2006, 03:40 PM
I had a 5 week kitten who went into shock when a board fell near it. It didn't come around for a few hours, not days. A kitten would dehydrate and die in a few days.

However if your kitten has puncture wounds it could be a lot worse.

Just for future reference, 6 weeks old kittens should not be around 6 month old cats.

heidiho
May 23rd, 2006, 03:52 PM
hmmmm:troll: :troll:

Lucky Rescue
May 23rd, 2006, 04:00 PM
Who are you calling a troll, heidi? Me, or the OP, since both of us had kittens in shock? It does happen you know.

heidiho
May 23rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Iapologize,itt wasnt you,i know it happens.Sorry to the other person also,i will leave this alone.

jawert1
May 23rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
Is the kitten still at the vet's office? I would think if your lil guy isn't up and about by morning, take him back as soon as you can. Good luck and keep us posted :pawprint: