Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newf lagoon

krististormy
May 23rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Hi from Florida I have to admit I came to this website for help I have a newfie about 4 years old who has brought so much joy to our life. He has recently started drinking a lot, and having to go to the bath room every three hours. I took him to the vet she did blood work so far everything checks out. Does anybody have anyother suggestions?

Prin
May 29th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the board. I love newfs! I'm sorry to hear yours is under the weather though. Excessive drinking can be so many things, like kidney issues or diabetes, but those would show up on the blood tests... It could also be anxiety, or an obsessive disorder (like a compulsion to drink). hmm... That's all I can think of right now... Does your vet have plans for any other tests?

krististormy
May 30th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Ran a bunch of test. All the blood work came back ok the only thing that looked bad was the urine gravitation, so they did a water depervation test but that seemed to get better as the day went on. We have since switched him to raw and he is doing much,much better. Even his skin it's looking better by the day.