Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Quick question about kittens

erykah1310
May 23rd, 2006, 07:20 AM
Hey quick question about my kitties, they are just about ready to go to new homes, however i do want them spayed and neutered first!
How should I go about this?? In 2 weeks they should be old enough to have the procedures done, I am asking $150 each for the kitties. Is that too much??
Larry is going to cost about $100 and Mia (formerly Princess) is going to cost $195. Im thinking that 150 each should just about cover my cost. Is that an unfair price or should i cut some losses finacially and charge less??

Kayla1984
May 23rd, 2006, 09:08 AM
Hey quick question about my kitties, they are just about ready to go to new homes, however i do want them spayed and neutered first!
How should I go about this?? In 2 weeks they should be old enough to have the procedures done, I am asking $150 each for the kitties. Is that too much??
Larry is going to cost about $100 and Mia (formerly Princess) is going to cost $195. Im thinking that 150 each should just about cover my cost. Is that an unfair price or should i cut some losses finacially and charge less??

I'm not sure if they are speciality kittens or not and that might be why you are asking higher ammounts. But you could always sell them with a spay/neuter contract and give some sort of partial refund when they prove they've neutered them? I'm not sure.

Lucky Rescue
May 23rd, 2006, 09:29 AM
Is this price a special one the vet made for you? If not, could you explain how you rescued these kitties and are adopting them out? You might get a better price.

Also, contact any other rescues in your area and see what their adoption fees are. 150$ seems high to me for domestic kittens, but I know ON s/n prices are off the wall! 150$ would be way too much here, but our vets cost less.

rainbow
May 23rd, 2006, 02:53 PM
Honestly, I think you're going to have trouble getting anyone to pay for the kittens. I think you'd have better luck if you could find someone willing to pick them up from the vet and paying the bill. And that's a real longshot. :D

After all you've done for them so far, is there any way you can just keep them? :D

chico2
May 23rd, 2006, 04:21 PM
Actually here in Ontario $150 for an altered kitten is average,you probably pay the same from Humane Society.
I paid $90 for Chico(a regular black cat) and he was not even altered and that's 7 yrs ago.
So go ahead,unless you can find a cheaper vet,then charge at least $100.

erykah1310
May 23rd, 2006, 07:07 PM
After all you've done for them so far, is there any way you can just keep them?
I would love to but it just isnt a possiblility unfortunately. Seeing as though i have 3 cats of my own right now and 3 dogs and not mention the rabbits :eek:
Instead of vacationing or seeing the world I pay for vet bills!!! Im not complaining however I have to draw the line somewhere, if i dont i fear that i may become a hoarder :sad:
Is this price a special one the vet made for you?
My dear NO!!!! Up here its next to impossible to get a break regardless of the situation, I posted a LONG time ago how i have lost faith in vets and truely believe that around here they care more about the money than the animals :mad: The rescue who i foster the rabbits for has offered to take them and get everything done and then adopt them out but as previously posted as well ( another thread) for some reason I have no contact with them at all!!! Although I have their rabbits :confused:
I'll figure something out I guess. Perhaps a friend would be interested in them ??? You never know right, that way i can make sure its a good home and they get altered!:fingerscr

abudamunky
May 27th, 2006, 07:57 PM
man i'm glad i don't live in canada, the spca here in california will spay and give my kittens their shots for about $70(each). my family vet wanted 70 just for the spaying! try talking to the local shelter and see if they can do something for you. shelters are always trying to help people who are trying to make sure their pets are safe and healthy.
-good luck-

OntarioGreys
May 27th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Contact one of the nearest ospca's from this link explain the situation see if they can help you find a vet who will do a spay/neuter at a reduced cost even try some local rescues if necessary.
http://www.ospca.on.ca/wwa_baa_bran.html