Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Such a happy boy now

erykah1310
May 22nd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Its been over a month now since Mr.Floyd has been neutered! He is like a kitten all over again! Its amazing, He has become very energetic and "WEIRD" for some reason things are just so darned amuzing to him! :D
I love that he is so strange now, he always was but he was NEVER the playful type cat! He was more of a cuddler! (which he still does religiously)
Is this normal post neuter behavior? At first when I had Kita gurl spayed I was tempted to call the vet and ask for her brain back ( she ditched all her training for a few weeks) now she too is super hyper!!
Anyone else have these experiences?
I am glad to report that Kita did remember her training but is just one happy gurl now too!

Prin
May 23rd, 2006, 12:23 AM
I've known a couple that reacted that way, but I'm not sure if it's normal. :o Good that you like him though..:D

CyberKitten
May 23rd, 2006, 12:36 AM
I too have to say your cats' behaviour not the norm tho males who are neutered typically do not roam or want to and females of course are not in heat all the time so they tend to be more playful and want to be with you. It all depends alot on the cat's personality. Most cats do not have a change in personality simply because of spaying or neutering. They are just healthier and happier!

erykah1310
May 23rd, 2006, 07:50 AM
I just love it, hes like a kitten again but not at all destructive! He knows his limits and doesnt cross them, he still doesnt go on the counter or the table but he is one energetic boy now :D
Perhaps they all turned out this way cause i am such a high energy person?
I successfully am owned by a border collie and a boxer mix. And sometimes they tire before me! LOL
I know that pets tend to act on the energy of their owners, perhaps my Mr.Floyd kitty is doing it too????
None the less, I LOVE IT!!!