Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Say a little prayer please

Rottielover
May 22nd, 2006, 07:32 AM
My poor boy, I tell you he has gone through more than most dogs go through in a life time. Well lets start here.
Yesterday I was giving him his weekly rub down, and noticed on his left joint on rear leg a bald spot...He was going at it as if it really hurt him. Well he has another cyst or tumor. Not only that but underneath was a pretty big bubble under his skin. I just touch it he shows pain.... So tomorrow we are off to the vet again.... Whatever it is, will have to be removed. It is on his joint.
Please pray that it is begnign again.....I do not know how much more both of us can take.
I have no job now, so I am going to have to talk to my vet to see what can be done :(

Skryker
May 22nd, 2006, 07:46 AM
:fingerscr :fingerscr for you and Harley. Rottielover, I really hope your luck turns soon. You could really use some good news for a change.:grouphug:

Kerri N Lynch
May 22nd, 2006, 08:38 AM
Rottielover our prayers are with you and your baby hope everything is OK

cpietra16
May 22nd, 2006, 08:49 AM
:fingerscr for both you and Harley....I realise that every thing seems to go wrong...but so far the outcome has always been good...so lets hope that the outcome stays good...:fingerscr

Rottielover
May 22nd, 2006, 09:56 AM
This is not my dog...Not Harley......I just wanted everyone to see where the problem lies on the joint......

glasslass
May 22nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
I believe in the power of positive thinking. So, I'm sending very positive vibes to you and Harley. I wish I could give you a big hug, not just this icon :grouphug: !

JessXx
May 22nd, 2006, 10:39 AM
aww Im so sorry this is happening to you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
:fingerscr Good luck- keep us posted

Puppyluv
May 22nd, 2006, 10:41 AM
You and Harley are in our thoughts and prayers. I truly hope this turns out to be benign, and that it's the last time this happens.:grouphug:

JessXx
May 22nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
:pawprint: okay, that makes it a little easier to understand- thanks... :fingerscr :grouphug: good luck...

JessXx
May 22nd, 2006, 10:59 AM
Yes I also forgot to say, I hope this is the LAST time this happens! :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
May 22nd, 2006, 11:07 AM
So sorry to hear of your and Harley's troubles. Am hoping for nothing serious..:fingerscr

OntarioGreys
May 22nd, 2006, 11:47 AM
I am very sorry to hear, prayers it is nothng serious. Being you are describing it as a cyst, at least suggests it is not osteo..

Rottielover
May 22nd, 2006, 12:03 PM
I do not know what it is. I am hoping for just a fatty cyst. BUT, fatty cysts generally are not hard. Harley has had a tumor before and on top of the bubble, that is what it looks like. But I do not know what the bubble is underneath it. It is under the skin....He will have to have a biopsy done.
I have been doing research, and where it is located is not a good sign...I am keeping my head up.....crossing my fingers. But this one actually hurts him

chico2
May 22nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
Aww Rottielover,you and Harley have had a rough year....:sad:
Sending lots of love and good thoughts to both of you:love: :fingerscr

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
I'm so sorry Rottielover,keep your chin up,stay positive,hope it's a fatty lump.If not,they will take it out.Hope your vet undersand your situation.If not,there are others that do.If you need names,I could ask my rescue.Keep us updated and good luck.:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

doggy lover
May 22nd, 2006, 04:12 PM
I hope everything turns out ok. I lost a dog two years ago to bone cancer, but it was in his front foot. It was very painful to the touch and he limped on it. We took him to the vet and I already had that bad feeling that it was bone cancer the vet took x-rays to confirm it. It was rapidly growing, we kept him one more week on pain meds and then took him and had him pts.
I'll keep my:fingerscr for you and Harley, how old is he now. It seems that large dogs get bone cancer more into there older age if you call 9 old.

rainbow
May 22nd, 2006, 05:10 PM
So sorry to hear about Harley. The two of you have certainly had a rough year. We'll keep our paws :pawprint: :pawprint: and fingers crossed :fingerscr :fingerscr for you. Keep positive.:fingerscr :fingerscr

Luba
May 22nd, 2006, 08:09 PM
Cysts/growths that generally cause pain from inflammation or infection are normally non cancerous unless of course they are interfering with some function ie organ or joint. Hope it's nothing bad, Sadie and I give you our support :grouphug:

Luba
May 22nd, 2006, 08:11 PM
By the way was he given any vaccines in this flank area or any other injections?

CyberKitten
May 22nd, 2006, 11:17 PM
I am sorry you have to cope with so much!! I'll say a prayer that it's a lipoma or cyst and not anything serious!!!! :grouphug:

Take care of yourself too!

Rottielover
May 23rd, 2006, 11:02 AM
We have an appt tonight.....I am worried because it is a tumor on top of something else....This poor dog never gets a break...I swear he should have his own wing at our vets office

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
I'll be thinking of both of you tonight :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

Tonya Bennett
May 23rd, 2006, 11:45 AM
I am new to this site, but think it's great in terms of info and support.
Poor Harley, I hope he finally gets the break he (and you)deserves! Sending positive thoughts your way.

sways_bodyguard
May 23rd, 2006, 05:59 PM
i hope everything goes well and she comes out healthy as can be! :angel:

shredy
May 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
Hoping you get good news back. The fact that it is painful is probably a good thing, like someone said earlier, cancer is not painful. :fingerscr :fingerscr

Rottielover
May 24th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Well last night we went to see Harleys Favorite vet and mine. Anyways we went in, and she looked at him saying now what is wrong....I showed her where it was, she saw the swelling. She picked at the top, and it started to bleed...GOOD sign. She took a needle, and tried to extract some cells....THERE WERE NONE :), just alittle blood.
So she thinks he must have whacked it really hard, and it swelled up....So it is nothing....
Here is something else. Someone told her I lost my job...When I was about to walk out, she looked at me and said it is on me. She did not even charge me for the vet visit, let alone the extraction. As I was thanking her and leaving. She looked at me and said. I much rather you come in and have it be nothing, than to not have come in and it be something....
SHE IS A VET WITH A HEART......she did not want me to jeapordize his wealthfare because of a set back.....( I never would) I love her

mom_to_many
May 24th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I am sooo happy for you!! And for Harley! Kudos to your vet...she sounds like a very caring and understanding person towards critters and humans alike!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 24th, 2006, 12:13 PM
What a great vet that brought a happy tear to my eye :D

HunterXHunter
May 24th, 2006, 12:21 PM
WOOOHOOO! cheers for you, Harley, and your vet!

goldengal
May 24th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Hi Rottielover .... I seldom post, but do read often. Just want to let you know I am so happy everything turned out well for Harley, and your vet sounds like such a gem. What a kind, understanding person.

chico2
May 24th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Rottielover,that's great news,I was so worried about you and Harley.:grouphug: Your vet must be one in a million,but then again maybe my vet charges me a lot,so she can help others who cannot afford vet-care,I would be all for that...but I somehow doubt it.

glasslass
May 24th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I think this says a lot about your vet, but also about you. She has obviously recognized that you're struggling and sacrificing to provide for Harley. Just the thought of someone doing something like that really gives warm fuzzies.

CyberKitten
May 24th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Awww, what a wonderful compassionate soul your vet has!! Good for her!!! And you and your pooch!! I am happy everything worked out.

Skryker
May 25th, 2006, 04:57 AM
:party: :party: Hooray for you and Harley, and :thumbs up for your vet. That's great news, Rottielover! Hope your boy feels his best soon.

Frenchy
May 25th, 2006, 11:26 AM
wooohooo!!!Very happy for Harley's leg and for your wallet!Vets like these are VERY hard to find.:thumbs up