Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally! We're moved.

Skryker
May 22nd, 2006, 07:22 AM
Well, mostly. And it all went as well as any move. That is, the primer and paint we bought didn't really cover well, we only got 3 rooms painted b/c each took so many coats, I'm STILL peeling wallpaper in the dining room, some of our "help" managed to break the window in the front door, the recently cleaned carpets haven't completely dried b/c it's been cold and raining for days, and most of our stuff is still in the upstairs apartment. :crazy: We gave up after getting the big stuff moved down while we had help b/c it was raining so hard. Good thing we're the landlords, and can take our time! So, we're moving the rest a couple of boxes at a time, mainly when we need something from upstairs.

The worst is that only the smaller part of our sectional couch survived. Originally, it took 3 guys 3 hours to get it UP the stairs; it just won't come down in one piece. I honestly don't know how that is possible but I've been assured of the fact after 3 guys attempted the feat for 2 hours. So we're keeping the small piece (with the sofa bed in it) for the dogs (spoiled beasts!) and getting a new couch, which I didn't want to do until the dogs were much older and more settled. And a new TV, since that didn't really fare well either-plus the new living room is larger than the old one and the TV is too small and too far away for blind bats like me to see :D .

On a much more positive note, for the first time the cat and the dogs have been sharing the bed with us peacefully at night. It's awfully crowded but I'm thrilled that the cat is finally accepting the dogs' presence as long as they aren't trying to jump on her. It's kinda hilarious until the dogs settle; every time they move around, you hear "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" from under the bed:evil: .

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2006, 03:07 PM
Congrats on your new place!Sorry it had to rain!So will we see pictures of the cat and dogs new found love?

Skryker
May 22nd, 2006, 05:21 PM
If my camera ever returns from repair limbo and they hold still long enough, I sure hope so! I will say, a queen sized bed is not really big enough for 2 people, 2 monster dogs and a cat...but it sure was nice and warm and cozy ;) . Better than a heating pad-we didn't have near the post-moving stiffness we expected. :p

Prin
May 22nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
I'm glad you're back...:) And that the move went ok.

I think we need to videotape ourselves saying "Never again" after a move (just to laugh at it in 3 years when we move again).:D

Skryker
May 23rd, 2006, 04:45 AM
It's worse than that...if all goes as planned, we'll be relocating over the summer to Alberta. Yep, 2 moves in 3 months. Just call us :crazy: . At least many things are packed now, and won't be unpacked til the next move.

erykah1310
May 23rd, 2006, 06:55 AM
Im not going to call you :crazy: I went through a phase where I moved 8 times in 6 months, ended up here and havent moved in 4.5 years:eek:
Anyway congrats on the move and hope you all settle in soon (even if just for a short period LOL)

Prin
May 23rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
Wow... I plan on never moving... Unless I have to...:D

Skryker
May 23rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
We had originally thought we we set for a long time, but...things change. Never say never-it has a nasty way of coming back to bite you in the butt!;)