Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally dispatched the cat

beddows
May 21st, 2006, 11:32 AM
About a month ago I posted here about our 8 year 35 ib problem cat who was urinating in the house. After spending $1000 with the vet over bladder infections, that sort of thing, the problem did not go away. We finally decided we could no longer live with it & last Wednesday we decided to euthanize him. We looked at a shelter but decided that would be a slow death to this cat. He is too big to groom himself & needs thryroid medication daily. I decided to go on a political forum I frequent as I felt a bit bad about it & to my surprise someone said they would take him. They live on a farm & we live in a condo. Most of this cats behaviour problems started when we retireed & moved to a condo & he could not longer go out. He is a Maine Coon cat & needs to be outdoors. We drove him 200 km to the Olympic Penninsular in Wash State & they had a 5 acre farm. The cat dissappeared into the Bush for 5 hours before he came back. This was obviously his problem. It certainly has solved ours. If he gets eaten by a coyote next week, at least he's happy and we no longer live in a liter box.

So as the title of this post said, he's been dispatched. To a farm.

badger
May 21st, 2006, 12:37 PM
I'm glad you felt bad at the thought of euthanising him. Too bad the vets couldn't help you.

Just tell me the people at the farm will be giving him his thyroid medication and canned food to help his bladder. Otherwise he will die much more painfully and slowly than if he was dispatched by a coyote.

If the coyotes don't succeed in finishing him off or he gets a snout full of porcupine quills, will they take him to the vet? Will they vaccinate him against rabies and viruses? When you met the guy face to face, did you get the impression he was actually assuming responsibility for the cat's welfare?

If so, you got lucky and good on all of you.

glasslass
May 21st, 2006, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm finding this post to be disturbing. It seems that the phrases were particularly chosen to create a reaction. All I will say.

Lucky Rescue
May 21st, 2006, 12:41 PM
I"m glad you got rid of your problem. I'm sure you're quite pleased with yourself.

The cat dissappeared into the Bush for 5 hours before he came back. This was obviously his problem

I guess it is his problem, since no one else seems to give a damn about him. Lovely.

Thank you for sharing this charming story of yet more irresponsibility, heartlessness and uncaring that results in suffering of defenseless animals.

I've never really heard anyone speak of his/her own pet with such dislike and spitefullness. Pretty nasty.

WTG!

chico2
May 21st, 2006, 01:21 PM
Glasslass,you are soo right,nobody who cared,would write such a callous,nasty post..Also it is not uncommon to have a 35lb Maine Coon cat,if I was only so lucky to have one:sad:
I can only hope,that one day this callous act will bite him in the behind,or better yet....:evil:

Blathach
May 21st, 2006, 01:28 PM
This thread has run its course and will now be closed.