Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Attacked Officer Shoots Pit Bull....Ontario

lezzpezz
May 19th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I can't imagine any worse timing.....sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

ATTACKED OFFICER SHOOTS PIT BULL DURING CHATHAM DRUG RAID
Friday, May 19, 2006
Column: Police Digest
BY FREE PRESS STAFF

It took a police bullet to stop a pit bull that attacked a Chatham-Kent police officer during a drug search Wednesday night. Officers were searching a unit at 151 Grand Ave. E., when the dog latched onto an officer's hand and let go only after it was shot dead, police said. The officer required stitches. Officers seized cocaine, marijuana and $3,800 in cash. Three men face drug-related charges.

Luvmypit
May 19th, 2006, 09:38 AM
All I have to say is drugs and search warrant. Not the dogs fault.

Copper'sMom
May 19th, 2006, 10:30 AM
So it only took ONE bullet to kill the Pit Bull and not 12 bullets?????? Sheesh, it couldn't have been a Pit Bull then because they are supposedly unstoppable!:rolleyes:

This poor dog was obviously aquired for all the wrong reasons - and there SHOULD be laws against this, but our wonderful governement doesn't know jack!:mad:

seeker
May 19th, 2006, 06:22 PM
An officer busted into a drug house during a raid and got bit by the drugdealers attack dog . What a surprise ! I mean if it had been a 160lb Rotty instead of a pitbull does anyone actually think that the dog would have welcomed the officer with a tail wag and then rolled over for a belly rub ?