Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OMG Stratas I guess

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 18th, 2006, 08:24 PM
:mad: Where do I start with this one - About 3 years ago a housing development went up behind our house. Nice little pretty detached homes. Anyways the whole development is strata and there is one company that does all the irrigation, landscaping etc.... the only thing is they have had a few different companies working for them during the past three years. We arent strata where we are.

When they finished the development, there was like a sink hole behind our fence - that wasnt there before - we mentioned it to the company that did all their original landscaping and they said no problem they would fix it. Anyways it never got fixed - and we ended up paying our landscaper to fix the sink hole and left it at that, this is like three years later The landscaper also fixed some broken irrigation pipes there too.

So tonight this man knocks on my door and starts demanding that I call my landscaper as he has broken their irrigation pipe and they need it fixed now. Never mind that its dinner - they are telling me that our landscapers broke the pipe - which honestly may or may not be true I have no way of knowing. So I called my landscaper and told him the whole story and he said he would give this guy a call for me. So a few minutes later I am in my backyard and a car pulls up on the other side and another man gets out - and asks me if I had spoken to anybody. I told him I had and that I had contacted my landscaper and he was calling the first guy that came to my door - I said they are probably talking right now. Then this guy gets all snotty with me and starts saying well we need this fixed right of way - all our lawns dying - this cannot be left this way. I am like I called our landscaper already there isnt too much else I can do. What do they want for me to go out with a watering can and water their lawns geez.

I think I should just give them the bill for the sink whole that they caused and never fixed - in fact I should have blown a hissy in the first place. It doesnt pay to be nice sometimes.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 18th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Dang it all anyways I am so worked up I posted in the wrong forum. :D

rainbow
May 18th, 2006, 10:43 PM
You're right.....I think you were too nice in the first place. The sinkhole was their problem and should have been reported to your city/town authorities. Good luck in resolving this.:fingerscr

Prin
May 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM
That sucks... Did your landscaper take responsibility? Was it their fault at all or are they just getting the blame?:rolleyes:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 20th, 2006, 05:12 PM
I cant really say whose fault it is - but my landscaper said when he dug behind our fence - that there was some pipes there that were already broken and they fixed them. Not sure if they broke more pipes or perhaps there was some other one that were already broken.

I do know one thing though they were having problems with their irrigation system last summer - I remember seeing one sprinkler shooting straight up in the air and water everywhere. Most of their lawns were brown last year too.

I dont think they can blame our landscaper totally for all thier grass going green - the weather here has been pretty hot for at least the past three weeks or so - and they only just decided to turn on the sprinklers the other day - and also in the middle of the day in 33C weather - gee thats really smart. :D

Anyways its the strata people that are making a big deal out of it. My husband talked to their irrigation people and they said no big deal they are just gonna fix the pipe

Prin
May 20th, 2006, 11:55 PM
What a waste of water though... To have constant sprinkling like that?

I hope it all works out ok..:fingerscr