Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hi - I'm new

kate79
May 18th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Hi
My name is kate and I am new to this site. I am excited to learn how I can help in any way possible. I am interested in adopting or fostering a dog.

Let me know what I can do.
Take care

jessi76
May 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum...

What can you do? Not sure I quite understand, but you should start by researching different types of dogs, and find a few breeds that fit your lifestyle. dogs are VERY different in terms of their needs, and what's possible for you to provide.

There are people on this board who are involved in rescues & shelters, but you can't just adopt a dog from here. Although we'd all be more than happy to point you in a direction, and help you find a dog that fits your lifestyle. there is alot to consider when looking to adopt a dog. vet bills, food, training, exercise needs, etc.. different dogs have different needs. Maybe if you told us more about you, and what type of dog you're looking for, we could help.

as for fostering, have you filled out applications at any of your local shelters?

Puppyluv
May 18th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Kate, a good place to look to adopt a dog is petfinder. A good place to look to foster or adopt a dog is local SPCA and Shelters. Where do you live, because a list of Shelters canbe compiled for your city.