Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vicious Cat

Krissi999
May 18th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Hi - I have a little problem with my cat. Lucy Lu is 3 years old. I have had her since she was a kitten and she used to be extremely friendly and loving, then she disappeared for 8 weeks and in the mean time i got another kitten. Completely by chance I found Lucy again. When she met Jay Jay (kitten) she went from licking him to death to hissing and scratching him. Since she has been back she has been quite the opposite of friendly and loving. she has literally run out of our house to attack two dogs, in both cases the dog come worse off. My nephew was over for dinner and she attacked him, leaving a nasty scratch on his hand. I have now spoken with a behaviorist and they tell me she is suffering from 3 different kinds of aggression as she is also attacking me and my partner. I have taken her to the vet to be checked over and she is fit and healthy -they have given me a room sensortisor which should give out cat pheremones and make her feel more comfortable. If that does not work in two weeks I have been told she will be referred to the behaviorist for an 8 week course, where they visit us at home and it will cost 250. Anyone out there have or had the same problem and managed to stop it before having to spend hundreds of 's???

Kerrye
May 18th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Hi
I know some of your are against cat drugs but I have used a calming drug called clomicalm (not sure if spelled correct) I had two cats on it for behavioural issues and it did work. It seems to take the edge off. You could ask your vet about it.

Krissi999
May 19th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Thank you very much - any advice is helpful and I am willing to try anything. It seems so expensive 250 for behavior lessons however I would pay it if it come to that. I will ask my vet about that - and let you know if it helps. We are trying the room plug in at the moment - no chnage since yesterday she is still quite stroppy! Time will tell I suppose!
Thanks again!